Ren'Py Abandoned Dark Woods Society [v0.1.0] [Ape Studios]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Saeno

Sep 15, 2019
How do you access Reiko's and Yoko's apartment at 20:00? It says we don't have the proper tools; or is this not available in the current version?

Reactions: ApeStudios

ApeStudios

Matt -- Lord of wrong deadliness and info dumps
Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
How do you access Reiko's and Yoko's apartment at 20:00? It says we don't have the proper tools; or is this not available in the current version?
Sorry man, this is not available yet. Soon there will be some night adventures there.

Reactions: aisezhel and Saeno

ShockerClad

Nov 1, 2020
Hey man, I really Love the story,art, character and cyberpunk them of this game. Glad I found it. Currently I am playing this on Android but game crashes everytime in the middle of Reiko's first H- scene I am stuck there and couldn't proceed.:(

ApeStudios

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Hey man, I really Love the story,art, character and cyberpunk them of this game. Glad I found it. Currently I am playing this on Android but game crashes everytime in the middle of Reiko's first H- scene I am stuck there and couldn't proceed.:(
Hey Shocker1403! Thanks for the comment! I'm glad to hear you like most part of the game. About the issue you point out, this is something we made a bit wrong... Ren'py can handle apparently a limited number of frames when doing ATL animation. We surpassed the number by far, so the game might crash on some animations. Now that we know that, this is solved and we figured out a way to keep the animation quality. However, you can expect to see this scene only in January, sorry about that.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Probably next week. One of our devs got the COVID virus and he was out of production for some time. We already have at least 35 new images for the next version.
Holy shit! Send my words to him that I wish he will get well soon, and I can't wait to see how the new update would look like with new content to explore
Love your game very much, compare to Cyberpunk (with very weird bugs) this one look more fun to play with

ApeStudios

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Holy shit! Send my words to him that I wish he will get well soon, and I can't wait to see how the new update would look like with new content to explore
Love your game very much, compare to Cyberpunk (with very weird bugs) this one look more fun to play with
It's all well now! He just felt very indisposed, Hope everyone is taking good care! And Cyberpunk was a huge
disappointment for us! They took so long to complete the game and yet everything felt so incomplete, there are some nice parts but nothing could bring me to complete the game or even reach more than 50% of it. We hope this next version of our game is less buggy and more fun. The story we have in mind for the whole game will gradually develop into something that none of the characters would ever expect. Of course, there will be lots of naughty stuff in the way.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
It's all well now! He just felt very indisposed, Hope everyone is taking good care! And Cyberpunk was a huge
disappointment for us! They took so long to complete the game and yet everything felt so incomplete, there are some nice parts but nothing could bring me to complete the game or even reach more than 50% of it. We hope this next version of our game is less buggy and more fun. The story we have in mind for the whole game will gradually develop into something that none of the characters would ever expect. Of course, there will be lots of naughty stuff in the way.
I'm glad that he was fine, hopefully the pandemic will end one day. Yeah! I'm feel the same with Cyberpunk too, no wonder many people already warn about "don't ride on the high train" or "don't put too high expectation" and I'm so lucky I didn't buy the game and decide to watch youtubers playthrough thus avoid the bullet and wasting money on the game
1 thing I'm sure is that your game will come out good, and the bugs will be easy to fix and will be much more fun because you and your team put all the love and care for it

Wlord

Oct 15, 2020
Hello, i met the problem in the first 10 mins of game. I'm using Mac and i start the game with ren'py launcher as a project.

After I got the knife and left the bar I was given the choice of left or right. Regardless of the choice, the game starts to display a gray screen and an error.

Rich (BB code):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'choicebox.png '>:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'choicebox.png '.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "myscreens.rpyc", line 666, in script call
  File "mainmcroom.rpyc", line 2708, in script call
  File "myscreens.rpyc", line 281, in script call
  File "mainmcroom.rpyc", line 83, in script call
  File "mainmcroom.rpyc", line 2898, in script call
  File "primeiracena.rpyc", line 497, in script call
  File "primeiracena.rpyc", line 595, in script call
  File "primeiracena.rpyc", line 814, in script call
  File "primeiracena.rpyc", line 819, in script call
  File "primeiracena.rpyc", line 1245, in script call
  File "primeiracena.rpyc", line 1245, in script call
  File "primeiracena.rpyc", line 854, in script call
  File "primeiracena.rpyc", line 1437, in script call
  File "walkingonthestreet.rpyc", line 241, in script call
  File "walkingonthestreet.rpyc", line 314, in script
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen/renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 883, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 925, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'choicebox.png '.

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Darkwoods Society 0.01
Thu Jan 21 05:52:41 2021

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote