SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Update news :coffee:

Hey folks,

The update is almost ready for release. A little more work on the edges, and it will be finished. Before that, I'd like to announce some changes that have occurred during development.

1. As you all know, unlike many other visual novels (AVNs) that develop a story as the game progresses, Darker already has a 95% written main story. Initially, it was planned that Darker would consist of only 9 parts, as mentioned at the end of Part 1. However, during the development of Part 2, I realized that it wouldn't be feasible for me to convey the entire story in just 9 parts at this pace of development. I could technically do it, but each update would take at least 6-8 months to create. This wouldn't be ideal for both you and me, as longer updates would result in a loss of excitement and anticipation.

On the other hand, I could rush the game to include all the dark elements and complete the story in just 9 parts but this approach would diminish the fun for me personally. If the developer doesn't find joy in creating the game, imagine how players would feel while playing it.

I believe in maintaining the quality and enjoyment of the game for both you, the players, and myself. Therefore, I've decided to take the time needed to do justice to the story and make it a fulfilling experience for everyone.

2. The second thing to mention is that, I've written a substantial script for the upcoming update but couldn't complete the visuals due to a tight deadline. Part 2 does contain a good amount of content to play, but I didn't manage to create the optional lesbian scene as planned. I hope to include it in the next update.

3. My plan is to release two updates before the year ends: Part 2, which is set to release this month, and Part 3 in the first half of December.

Now, for the news you've all been waiting for, the release schedule is as follows:

• September 22nd for IMMORAL tier.
  • September 27th for CORRUPT tier.
  • October 2nd for DARKEST tier.
  • October 7th for DARKER tier.
  • October 10th for DARK tier.
  • October 12th for EVERYONE.
PS : Above mentioned are the tiers.

さよなら ️
Important bits:

• September 22nd for IMMORAL tier.
  • September 27th for CORRUPT tier.
  • October 2nd for DARKEST tier.
  • October 7th for DARKER tier.
  • October 10th for DARK tier.
  • October 12th for EVERYONE.
PS : Above mentioned are the tiers.

Director Unknown

Creating Darker
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2023
it's really amazing that you are taking your work very very seriously. just remember as first timer you did an amazing job. I'll just say don't remake anything because a man is never satisfied from his past self and moreover keep it there so that people can see how much you have grown as a person.
It's amazing to find such nice people on a platform like this. Thanks a lot for your support buddy, comments like yours encourage me to work even harder on my project.

Taven Val

Mar 21, 2018
it's really amazing that you are taking your work very very seriously. just remember as first timer you did an amazing job. I'll just say don't remake anything because a man is never satisfied from his past self and moreover keep it there so that people can see how much you have grown as a person.
Honestly, he came out of nowhere with that first update with no history I could see. Really blew me out of the water. I will aim to support him when I can. Good stuff

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes