King Melodias

Jun 2, 2017
Who was that writer for DMD? I know that some scriptwriters post here (Hearsz, Jeff [unsure if Jeff writes or just creative idea spammer], sometimes me). As far as i know Dots, i don't really find him the type to brag about writing. Of course I could be wrong.

Having said that, and I know its kinda unrelated, but why isnt there a Melody fan art thread? :(

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That would defeat the purpose of the Melody game, which was to appease the standards of Patreon. Even without an incest route the tutor is still coming on to a girl about half his age. That alone is horridly creepy, regardless of how good a person he is otherwise.

I like playing both DMD and Melody, I really dig the fantasy. I feel that's what they should stay though, fantasy.
While I do agree with your observation that Melody is the patreon freindly game face of Mr.Dots so incest is most likely not an option (unless the dev team is building a big FU Patreon and then banned for eternity).

Creepiness is a personal attitude (and you have a right to feel that way), however age difference relationships don't work (usually) because of life differences. As you get older your views change. Churchill is credited with saying 'If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.' How you see the world does depend on age/life-experience so it's hard to have compatible opinions and a long term relationship (not impossible for some).
Any woman I've dated that is younger than me by more than a decade was very short lived and chaotic. Once the sex is over it's not worth it.

Reactions: Proto Persona

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
My inappropriate humor brain really wanted to add a joke, but my rational don't start crap brain won.

Sep 18, 2017
Choosing any harem route does not necessarily close off any D routes. It's just extra work for the player.
If you click D's image in the corruption flower : on the stats page, you can switch off/on the relationships with Elena, Georgina and Jennifer. By anticipating a certain scene (the walk through is your friend!) a player can prepare accordingly. A good example of this occurred at the tail end of 0.18 : by setting all other relationships to "no" (and following certain mini-game--Truth or Dare--actions) even a harem path player could have seen the 69er scene between F/D.
Cheers. I had no idea that feature existed. Next time I get a chance I'll take a look at it.

Reactions: virtuvoid

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
Hey guys. Is there only one game over screen (with the same text), or does it change according to the situation ? Asking, because I've been curious about how the game over at day 13 is handled with Lucas.

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
You handle it by avoiding it!
Day 10 at MC's workplace, his coworker Martin offers to help him out with the Lucas problem. The MC declines the offer and instead reports Lucas to the police. A police woman will advise the MC to enroll D in a self-defense class. This is done.
When Day 13 rolls around, no more GAME-OVER!
That's...not what I asked. I was asking if there was any change in the Game Over screen if it happens with Lucas raping D.

I've already made sure to avoid it.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Hey guys. Is there only one game over screen (with the same text), or does it change according to the situation ? Asking, because I've been curious about how the game over at day 13 is handled with Lucas.
there are a few ways a game over can happen through out the whole of the first chapter, and it usually is because d catches you with someone else. the part with lucas is because well d is "hurt" and it's a game over condition. (hurt is used to keep spoilers out of what actually happens). The screen used for all of the scenes are pretty much the same i don't pay attention to it because i always roll back immediately when that happens.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm glad he abandoned the game over system, pretty much. It's kind of lame. Lucas and his brother are examples of characters who were wastes of time because it never went anywhere that had a significant effect on the story. You can really see how Melody benefitted from lessons learned from this game: no useless characters and less reliance on repetitive scenes (playing part 1 again all the way through made me notice how many scenes kind of hit the same notes and don't advance the relationship at all.)

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
Does

My sentiments exactly. Many people in Melody's thread dismiss the idea that the game is related to incest. Many of them might not know of DMD or simply like to separate both games. But the I way I read it, Mr. Dots seems to be implying that MC and Melody may be in fact father and daughter. Even if I hadn't played DMD, I'm certain that I would reach the same conclusion. Assuming no evidence will appear to disprove this theory, I still don't think that this plot twist will overtly make its appearance. Maybe in the form of some patch, like in the current fashion.
There is an extremely tiny hint that it may be possible that Melody may be the MC's daughter it's in one scene where he refers to an old college girlfriend nothing substantial.

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
For people new to DMD the game updates every 3 months while the other 2 the creator's focus shifts to his other game Melody (also a very good game you should try) but because of patreon rules screwing a bunch of really good games over DMD was banished from the realm of patreon.
The creator so far has refused to let DMD fade away. If you want to help you can do so by contributing to his patreon alternate BUY ME A COFFEE.

This will keep it worthwhile for him to continue his work on this great game and we will get further adventures with D and her friends.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
There is an extremely tiny hint that it may be possible that Melody may be the MC's daughter it's in one scene where he refers to an old college girlfriend nothing substantial.
I doubt the dev team would tempt the wrath of Patreon a second time with any incest, but you could be right.
I do play Melody but it does not have the drama of DMD. As I've said before some musician hooking up with a young adult protégé, and the issue is? The renders are great but Melody (character) is fairly weak, her character doesn't draw me into the story like D does. Again just my take on it and everyone has different likes, for instance I still like the show Supernatural even after 13 seasons.

I do wish Mr.Dots could sneak D into the background of Melody flipping Patrteon off. Or the two girls could wind up on the same beach together.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Great write-up dude.
I'd suggest posting it in the "Reviews" section of this thread, so others can read it later on down the track.
Most users or new members might miss it due to being too lazy to go back a page or few! ;)
My friend.. I am that lazy member who is too lazy to go back page, no scratch that, to scroll up to read what others write... lol! I am KING laziness, I challenge thee to beat me at doing nothing. lol I never knew there was a review section, thanks Goonersz... Goonersz?? Ohhh snap! Do the truffle shuffle! do the truffle shuffle! lol

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
I'm glad he abandoned the game over system, pretty much. It's kind of lame. Lucas and his brother are examples of characters who were wastes of time because it never went anywhere that had a significant effect on the story. You can really see how Melody benefitted from lessons learned from this game: no useless characters and less reliance on repetitive scenes (playing part 1 again all the way through made me notice how many scenes kind of hit the same notes and don't advance the relationship at all.)
Some good points you've made and I agree that it's better without the game over ending in Chapter 2.
However, I wouldn't say that Lucas' character was an entire waste, as every great story usually has a villain and he was certainly it in Chapter 1 (most likely it's Rachel in Chapter 2).
His character had a major effect on the outcome on Day 13 actually.

The reason why I think it was important to have him in there is for you as F,
you need to make a common sense decision to get D to take up self-defense lessons,
especially after what happens at the club during Day 4.

One of the most frequently asked questions on this thread has been:
"How do I stop Lucas from attacking D on Day 13?"

That tells me that plenty of whom have played the game decided not to take her to that course,
or that they decided to not use or download the walkthrough.

That in itself gives the players another reason to replay the game, for those not using the walkthrough.
I've seen a few fans on here say that there's been no conflict in Melody (like there has been in DMD) and it's been pretty much all smooth sailing if you're the MC in that game.
But that game is still in it's early days of production, so to speak.

But like you said, the dev and his team have evidently learnt a lot from this first game,
and that can be seen already in Melody.

Just wanted to give my perspective on this. :D

Atianus

Jul 3, 2017
Looks like Ko-fi banned adult content as well. That probably cuts the funding for this project at some point.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Looks like Ko-fi banned adult content as well. That probably cuts the funding for this project at some point.
damn that sucks. wow. They out right said it: "Accounts which have been flagged as inappropriate by our payment partners" It is not just Pay Pal doing this, it's the banking system, the credit card system really because they don't like providing services for what they don't like. I'm surprised they haven't decided to block payments for sites that offer adult material.... joy...

oh this gem is there as well:
"Covering nudity with body parts or objects," So covering nudity with clothing is an offense... well damn that means EVERYTHING that involves the Human body is adult content! Clothing is an object!

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

d-e-vane

Feb 14, 2018
I wish there was a site like Patreon that automatically converted your monthly payments to cryptocurrency and paid out like that. I feel like the PITA of BTC is the biggest barrier to mass adoption.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I wish there was a site like Patreon that automatically converted your monthly payments to cryptocurrency and paid out like that. I feel like the PITA of BTC is the biggest barrier to mass adoption.
thing is I'm looking at how Dots has this set up, and he's on not ko-fi.com (mentioned above). Also Dots has nothing on that page that indicates what it is for, so honestly there is nothing that the site could do, they could "ALLEGE" that it is for this, but there is enough that this would not be beneficial to them.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes