401Grem

May 14, 2017
The lamest was the only time the MC sleeps over at the girls' hotel in Chapter 1. While the MC is groping D in her sleep, Elena walks in (presumably from a bathroom break) and freaks. Elena screams, "Your own daughter! You monster!"
GAME-OVER.

Does the above scene remind anyone of a certain 0.18 cliff hanger?...
No, I seriously don't believe that Ellena has any problem with this.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
I'm glad he abandoned the game over system, pretty much. It's kind of lame. Lucas and his brother are examples of characters who were wastes of time because it never went anywhere that had a significant effect on the story. You can really see how Melody benefitted from lessons learned from this game: no useless characters and less reliance on repetitive scenes (playing part 1 again all the way through made me notice how many scenes kind of hit the same notes and don't advance the relationship at all.)
They were never abandoned, they are simply not part of the current story.

d-e-vane

Feb 14, 2018
thing is I'm looking at how Dots has this set up, and he's on not ko-fi.com (mentioned above). Also Dots has nothing on that page that indicates what it is for, so honestly there is nothing that the site could do, they could "ALLEGE" that it is for this, but there is enough that this would not be beneficial to them.
Looks like a neat site, but a cursory glance doesn't indicate that it's a recurring payment site so much as a streamlined donation site.

Andurin

Apr 28, 2017
Bro! I remember 3 Melody compositions. At least 2 of these were more erotic than anything else I've seen of yours, even more than the DMD stuff.
Whatever. Best wishes with your talent...
Apologies mate. I dont recall doing Melody fan art, because i am lazy and havent put together the art material yet.

All ive done so far is DMD and my own stuff.
must have been someone else
Tho i would love to do a cross over with both Melody and D.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Incest is an actual crime in most countries, especially here in America. That was the only thing I was claiming. Maybe standards relax for most folks, but I just can't wrap my head around dating somebody young enough to be my child.
Considering this is a game and is all about fantasy (in various ways), I don't think you need to "wrap" your head around actually doing what is in the game.

We don't go out and skin people with chain saws because of watching a horror movie, which is also understood to be escapist fantasy.

You might want to stop harping on about a made-up situation - whether it's entertaining to people or not - by contrasting that to your real-world, personal likes/dislikes in this topic. Because it seems irrelevant.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Considering this is a game and is all about fantasy (in various ways), I don't think you need to "wrap" your head around actually doing what is in the game.

We don't go out and skin people with chain saws because of watching a horror movie, which is also understood to be escapist fantasy.

You might want to stop harping on about a made-up situation - whether it's entertaining to people or not - by contrasting that to your real-world, personal likes/dislikes in this topic. Because it seems irrelevant.
Huh. Guess I struck a nerve there. If I've offended you somehow then I'm sorry.

Those are indeed my personal opinions, but I don't expect anyone to follow them. I'm not advocating that DMD be censored or stopped somehow. My point was never "DMD is bad and you should feel bad." I was addressing the topic brought up a few pages back about how the father and other males are creepy and/or manipulative, plus how the father was a hypocrite.

I definitely got off on a tangent about my personal feelings about age gaps and the actual act of incest, but I fail to see why I need to keep quiet and move on. I'm not one of the game censors crying "think of the children" or trying to connect video games to real life behaviors. It's a friendly discussion. I think everyone should be fine having those.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016

Those are indeed my personal opinions, but I don't expect anyone to follow them. I'm not advocating that DMD be censored or stopped somehow. My point was never "DMD is bad and you should feel bad." I was addressing the topic brought up a few pages back about how the father and other males are creepy and/or manipulative, plus how the father was a hypocrite.

I definitely got off on a tangent about my personal feelings about age gaps and the actual act of incest, but I fail to see why I need to keep quiet and move on. I'm not one of the game censors crying "think of the children" or trying to connect video games to real life behaviors. It's a friendly discussion. I think everyone should be fine having those.
I don't really care if the main character in any kind of fiction is "good" or not. Sure, all the characters in this game are depraved and a little mad. But that can be fun. My take on it is just to lean into it. Fuck the daughter a lot, knock her up, enslave the ex-wife, skip forward in time to when you're all fucking the daughters they both had. Get as debauched as possible and the story becomes how these messed up people dropped all bullshit pretenses and did what made them happy.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
or innocent witches, after that won't even consider to play vns.
Well DmD is definitely better than the witches.if he wants to play witches he better try Bayonetta 1 and 2 or even Bullet Witch.
Higurashi is way more interesting VN-murder mystery game.And from VN we get manga,anime series,ligh novels,CD drama,several OVA,live action movie/2 of them/,live action TV series.Not to mention all other books,figures and merchandise.

Atianus

Jul 3, 2017
thing is I'm looking at how Dots has this set up, and he's on not ko-fi.com (mentioned above). Also Dots has nothing on that page that indicates what it is for, so honestly there is nothing that the site could do, they could "ALLEGE" that it is for this, but there is enough that this would not be beneficial to them.
Ah, my bad. Looks like I confused the two sites but then again it's probably a matter of time before they follow suit.

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
Hey guys.

So, I've been doing the Daughter route first to get the "Dating my Daughter" achievement, as the rest is easy in comparison. However, I couldn't get the Carnival Games reward despite having followed the walkthrough. Is there a solution for this ?

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Ah, my bad. Looks like I confused the two sites but then again it's probably a matter of time before they follow suit.
they use the same payment processors and seems to be sound alike sites. but the infromation pointed out on ko-fi is true and could be true else where.

King Melodias

Jun 2, 2017
Noes! That user limits who can view his profile.. Following him now though, thanks for searching!

Speaking of art.. I believe we might get new previews this weekend, looking at what Hearsz commented a few days ago.

Cant wait till November.. for the next release of DMD... :)

Edit: found the art. Thanks!

Reactions: sergesan

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Vns are primarily fan-service. But the only fans who actually matter are actual/potential payers. . .
I'm not sure I see the direct relevance to my post, which was noting that repeated complaints about the game's clash with their personal, real-world values/preferences didn't seem relevant to discussion about its instrinsic entertainment value, playability, what-ifs, etc. as presented.

Perhaps offer that opinion and maybe relate that to whether or not they find the game more or less entertaining due to that perspective, as one suggestion. But, continue to harp on that point and it causes me to scratch my head in a thread about the game's progress, wondering" "What's the point in complaining that incest is illegal in various locales? That's not the case in DMD and they didn't note it made the game less playable." Therefore, it makes one question the point of those posts and starts to look like noise, such as from moral grandstanding, IMHO.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Thanks, though the only "nerve" struck in me was related to keeping somewhat on the general topic, here.

Our views on real-world incest acts are not terribly different, but I have been referring to the game's world/universe and sometimes you need to accept a creative premise for it to even partially suspend some disbelief. With DMD, that particular job was "eh" for a long while if you were mapping to real-world likelihoods (as discussed here repeatedly) ... but it has overall been an entertaining ride, regardless.

To debate the personal dislike of promoting incest in this particular topic starts to become less than relevant rather quickly, especially if that's not being related to likes/dislikes in the ability of this game to entertain. At a certain point it becomes noise, I feel - that's the only reason I replied.

Reactions: Creeping Death
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes