Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Whoever is hoping for extreme fetishes may yet get at least some of their wishes.
The sex acts between F/D have very much followed a formulaic list. There are only 3 left. At list completion, there is : repetition, which would be met by quite a few "WTF was that!" player reactions--so probably not ; a massive cock-blocking cliffhanger--if this was still a monthly update cycle, maybe, but as is, probably not ; F/D vaginal/anal sex. Since the new pattern, once the quarterly update cycle started, is 2+ "new" sex acts per update, I'm guesstimating full sex is 0.20.
That leaves 8 updates until completion of DMD. Since a certain number of players were "in it for the chase", including myself, this may cause a patron/donor dropoff. What better way to bring in "fresh" support than by catering to the extreme fetish players?

Of course there was donor dropoff...Why monthly support a game that does 3 month updates as they work on different material

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
like some said when d loses virginity to f then real gaming starts and only sky is limit.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I noted weeks ago that there MUST be a cliff hanger in every update. Simply because of the 3-month update schedule. My buddy, @Jeff Steel , agreed. He also stated it is 95% NO Chapter 3.
DMD has two distinct progression speeds : the first 16 updates before the ban ; the last 2. If anything, I'd bet this progression would speed up even more.
Vtv, I was thinking that there is one other possibility and it is entire guesswork. It is possible that in @ 1.5 years from now, MDots has become comfortable with the “2 for 1” release schedule and continues with a full chapter 3. Total guesswork and speculation.

The two factors mitigation toward this are: (1) It is my understanding that MDots would like to close out all thoughts on this VN and realistically you can’t get to those places without a Chapter 3 (even with an advanced pace). (2) it is my understanding the writing staff would like to explore some of these areas.

For my case, I love the DMD character. Hard to put my finger on it, but the combination of render, innocent vulnerability, and whatever else I can’t put my finger on, I enjoy her story path. So that’s why I’d hope for a Chapter 3 (or at least as we talked, a series of post Chapter 2 releases covering certain points in her post Chapter 2 life).

At any rate, no Chapter 3 prediction still holds but D seems to have a hold on the design team greater than a financial vehicle and that could wend D’s story to a robust post Chapter 2 release.

I personally will be very sad once the last D release comes whenever day that might be.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I don't think it would be the end of the game. For me I would still want to see a FMF, MFM, some interracial, and maybe an accidental pregnancy. What would kill the game for me would be extreme fetishes like bestiality. For me that is one of the top three most repulsive sexual behaviors.
I don’t believe D was ever going to be involved in besitality, even if there were (or will be) a Chapter 3, if that’s any solace.

Reactions: victkh

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I'm not into 3-somes. Not because I don't like any particular babe, but because I dislike the MC.
Now, if I could be made aware, by a friendly harem player, that Elena had put on a strap-on and pegged the MC while he did D--OK!! I'd make an exception for that.
Lol - I know you’ve pointed out MC’s grooming behavior (massage leading to massaging breasts to remove tension), so that even in the D path MC still has issues. I see that issue. Good to know you’re slightly in favor of a threesome, even if it is to punish MC.

Reactions: virtuvoid

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Vtv, I was thinking that there is one other possibility and it is entire guesswork. It is possible that in @ 1.5 years from now, MDots has become comfortable with the “2 for 1” release schedule and continues with a full chapter 3. Total guesswork and speculation.

The two factors mitigation toward this are: (1) It is my understanding that MDots would like to close out all thoughts on this VN and realistically you can’t get to those places without a Chapter 3 (even with an advanced pace). (2) it is my understanding the writing staff would like to explore some of these areas.

For my case, I love the DMD character. Hard to put my finger on it, but the combination of render, innocent vulnerability, and whatever else I can’t put my finger on, I enjoy her story path. So that’s why I’d hope for a Chapter 3 (or at least as we talked, a series of post Chapter 2 releases covering certain points in her post Chapter 2 life).

At any rate, no Chapter 3 prediction still holds but D seems to have a hold on the design team greater than a financial vehicle and that could wend D’s story to a robust post Chapter 2 release.

I personally will be very sad once the last D release comes whenever day that might be.
I would gladly donate 50 bucks for each update, if there would be a chapter 3 :heartcoveredeyes:
But all we can do now is pray .... and abduct MrD's family for blackmail :tf:

U

User_130505

I would gladly donate 50 bucks for each update, if there would be a chapter 3 :heartcoveredeyes:
But all we can do now is pray .... and abduct MrD's family for blackmail :tf:
Why not abduct him and force him to keep the story going?
I just noticed that our display pics have similar hair.
Is that you, dad???

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Lol - I know you’ve pointed out MC’s grooming behavior (massage leading to massaging breasts to remove tension), so that even in the D path MC still has issues. I see that issue. Good to know you’re slightly in favor of a threesome, even if it is to punish MC.
Don't worry,we all are expecting Elena to be the one that will take the knot.
tomorrow is relative... what time zone is the guy in?? it may already be tomorrow!!!!
It seems the game will be out on Monday for me,around 2-3AM.
Come on now folks. Let's not lose our heads over when will come 0.19.Sadly Mami/PMMM/ already did that for us.
Again, I am an outsider and can only speculate.
It is my understanding that the top-tier patrons were contacted, after the ban, and the present update arrangement proposed. Enough of them were convinced to maintain their pledges on Patreon to make the present arrangement viable for the studio.
Of course, someone who was a lower-tier patron may have discontinued their pledge and are now donors on BMAC. Apparently, that dropoff has been offset by new Melody-only patrons.
I consider myself a fairly good speculator. But, as a pirate, I am all but lost in trying to predict the comings and goings of patrons/donors. Many people have tried to do so in this thread--they have usually been wrong.
You know the support for many games contradict the logic.Some let's say problematic games makes so much money/BB,now Glamour,Malise and the Machine,Something Unlimited/ and good games just barely makes enought-Freeloading Family,Two Weeks.Life with Mary,even Acting Lessons.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
That is one of the things I LOVE about DMD. Many developers seemed very jealous of the great success of Mrdots. Their logic was "probably" : the writing isn't much ; the coding is even less ; the renders are OK but not the best. Even if this logic is completely true, it simply doesn't matter. DMD is a grabber! Part of it--for some of us, several parts--grab you and it won't let go. C'mon! How many of us want it to let go?
It's been well documented that, overall, I don't love DMD. But I do LOVE D! Despite only being grabbed in one place, I have remained current with DMD since it started. I have been in this thread every day since I've joined this site.
Like everyone else here, I dread this ride ending...
"Don't cry because it's over.Smile because it happened."-Dr.Seuss

Reactions: Seriosha
U

User_130505

I think that it will be D's mother that does the dog, and that will be the dirt that gets her to let D go with him.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes