RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
One way or another, 0.20 is a crossroads.
IF there is no be no Chapter 3, and if there are to be extreme fetishes, and if the corruption flower is to be fully darkened.
DMD 0.19 was a dud. Especially the Elena discovery cliff hanger from 0.18 led to near zero repercussions.
Too many players are fixated on "story". I firmly believe the studio is fixated on finances. Whatever seems like the most profitable course of action is what they'll do. This thread awaits that decision. DMD is just a puppet show, after all.
With a new update every three months filler updates are less tolerable than with monthly updates, and the last update felt in a lot of ways like filler.
After some time to get over the "at last a new update" endorphin rush I too was disappointed with how Elena reacted to the whole, "Hey my bestie is fucking the man I've been fucking (harem route) and the guy is her dad!"discovery.
We as DMD fans came up with more interesting Elena responses, unless her ennui at the bombshell is part of a plot devise for later updates.
It seems v.20 will be a nexus for DMD, if for no other reason than it appears D losing her virginity has come to a breaking point.

Reactions: virtuvoid

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised that this game is still doing the slow burn/MMP thing.

This fanart (that I did) illustrates what I've been hoping to see happen ingame at some point...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not holding my breath about it happening anytime soon though...

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised that this game is still doing the slow burn/MMP thing.

This fanart (that I did) illustrates what I've been hoping to see happen ingame at some point...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not holding my breath about it happening anytime soon though...
MMP?

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
It's an abbreviation for Milking My Patrons, an acronym that I may or may not have coined.
The champion MMP I have seen is a game with 32 cg's making 1.2k a month , no releases for a year. Still chugging along :)

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
Im having some troubles with 2 of the achievements in the first chapter, hope someone can help me.

cant seem to get the "Dating my Daughter" and "carnival games" achievement.

for the carnival games, I was under the impression you needed to get all 3 prizes, the bunny, bear, and duck. I was able to get them with the help of the walkthrough but I still didnt receive it. is there another requirement in order to get this?

also for the Dating my Daughter achievement, I believe I completed all the tasks required. but for some reason it doesnt show up. I did get the "OMG" achievement so I feel like I am on the "daughter only" Path. I was also able to get the "Clink" achievement so I know I rejected both girls, I had 87 LP before giving the ring, and that brought me up to 100, and this is right before the end of day 13, so that should be good. what else I also had the solo photo shoot as well. not sure what I am missing. is there some common mistake that Im not aware of?

paul1257

Jan 31, 2018
I mentioned this months ago. I pulled out from funding because why pay for something that's not being done. I don't think anyone would pay for a service NOT being provided on a monthly basis. Look at how much money they were making a month a year ago to how much people are funding now
I agree fully as been a top tier supporter of Mr Dots and his team when they were on Patron and still fund DMD though Melody and using BMAC, however was not very impressed with this update again just feel that it was rushed/a filler again. As I feel the three updates this year have not been worked on for a complete month each before a release.
Only now to be hinted that we are not even to get a chapter Three now (from one of his team)
His DMD website is a mess with very little current news and now you cannot even use PayPal to support DMD by BMAC.
See on his Melody page that he's starting to lose patrons was over 4200 now dropping, but then you see he is saying that he has reached his 100% goal of funding so can hire people. We can only wait and see on that one.
Left a shitty response on his DMD feedback page and will wait and see if any of his team bother to respond which I doubt.(left my personal email address so no excuses this time)

Sorry for the RANT love DMD to bit's but feel patron's are being taken for a ride but love this thread and will keep dropping in to read fellow members feedback and love the fan art thread well done to the members who take the time and effort to do the art work keep it up.

Reactions: Ed B and virtuvoid

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Mrdots thread =

-The guy is milking.
-Only one update every three months, are you kidding me?
-If he doesn't deliver 5 thousand images 400 animations and 10 days of gameplay each update, I'm removing my $1 pledge.
-I'm going to complain because I feel entitled to, after all, my pledge means the world to the dev so he's my employee. I'm sure the dev is going to change all his plans and ideas and do what I want.

DOD/SS/Milfy City thread
-You're not paying so don't complain.
-Guys relax, it's only been FOUR MONTHS since the last update. Quality takes time, you know?
-Wow! What a great update. 10 animations and 100 images. This is top notch. Shut up and take my money.

Every fucking month is the same. We've seen them all guys. The majority don't care. This thread has always been toxic since the beginning because the dev doesn't give a shit about what you think (just like all other devs, as it should be). Honestly, I feel DMD is a burden to the team and must be put to bed asap.

If the dev had canceled the game, people would have complained.
If the dev keeps the game alive, people complain.
If the dev rushes things, people complain.
If the dev goes slow, people complain.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I don't foresee DMD going on too much longer, the update schedule and slow burn combined makes it hard to keep enthusiastic about the game. If Mr.Dots could have stayed on patreon a slow path with monthly updates would have been okay with a lot of fans, but now its kinda hard.
I guess an analogy would be Brit TV show vs. American. American show run about a 24 show season, most Brit are long at around 10. Because of the luxury of time American shows can build slower and explore more themes per season, while Brit shows give you the basics and you have to fill in a lot of blanks. Friends compared to Coupling. Being on patreon is like an American season with lots of shows and the ability to delve into minutia, but now with a 3 month update schedule DMD has got to go the BBC route, highlights and swifter moving plots.
The old patreon timetable has to be trashed. By now D should have had sex with her father, had sex with Elena and have moved away with him and Elena.
Most of us were predicting Elena would use her knowledge of D and F to her advantage more than she did in this update. I honestly expected D to seduce Elena when she came out of the shower to throw her off track.
But this is just an opinion.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
This thread is usually pretty funny. I stopped playing, but enjoy keeping up on its progress. It is like a soap opera lol

Reactions: suiz

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I went on the ferris wheel. was I not supposed to?
per walkthrough you should get 1st prize in shooting game with 3 shots and get bunny and on next game balloons and darts you should get yellow balloon and on ball toss you should throw the ball. ferris wheel gives less lp but 1 exh point while carousel gives more lp.

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
per walkthrough you should get 1st prize in shooting game with 3 shots and get bunny and on next game balloons and darts you should get yellow balloon and on ball toss you should throw the ball. ferris wheel gives less lp but 1 exh point while carousel gives more lp.
according to the guide, ferris wheel gives you 1 LP, the carousel gives 5 FP. totally different things. but is the carousel the one that I was supposed to take? the guide doesnt mention which ride you're supposed to go on. only that you have to win all 3 prizes, which I did.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Take the carousel.You need to for important scenes later on. Ferris Wheel won't unlock them.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes