Dasati

May 30, 2017
well hermione shouldn't be 18-21 but akabur gets to stay in patreon.
Thats nothing, by some witchcraft Sister, Sister, Sister managed to stay on patreon until completion despite breaking almost all of their community guidelines heh

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Several devs were told to scrub their public Patreon walls of certain NSFW images/text. Basically, whoever did so was allowed to continue their game on Patreon. Devs who didn't comply, or who may have repeatedly asked for a compromise, were punished.
I in no way blame MrDots for the ban. It was just a weird, evolving situation.
The "scrub public walls" came months after DMD was banned. He removed the incest, called it "Dating my Donut", then told patrons how to re-enable it on Patreon. Patreon turned around and banned DMD, permanently.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
There's no way you can populate a game with characters like D and Elena and expect anyone of even moderate mental acuity to believe that they are intended to be read as 18+. I simply do not buy that. Maybe that's a defect in my own mental capacity, but I just cannot believe that the girls in DMD are supposed to be all growds up.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
There's no way you can populate a game with characters like D and Elena and expect anyone of even moderate mental acuity to believe that they are intended to be read as 18+. I simply do not buy that. Maybe that's a defect in my own mental capacity, but I just cannot believe that the girls in DMD are supposed to be all growds up.
I've heard in the early versions, 0.1/0.2 D was full on loli. Dot's had to boob her up coz of a big backlash.

yougopurple

Oct 16, 2018
I have no problem with the age, as I'm aware that in the US, high school student seniors turn 18 or 19 in senior year? I think its 18, so D spending two weeks with F could be during one of the holidays between semesters, if that was the locale.

On the other hand, here in the UK (And dont think I didn't notice london underground signage at one point!) high school runs the five year groups of 11-12, 12-13, 13-14, 14-15, 15-16, with "Sixth Form" basically high-school operated college running the two year groups 16-17 and 17-18, though if you're not doing basic, english math IT or whatever for A-Levels, but specific courses, that's when you go to a proper college instead. Here, University is separate from college, where-as in the US I believe they're both the same, sometimes called both? aka UCLA, "University College of Los Angeles", etc.

So I can see where others are coming from.

Reactions: GroPin and JonasSnr

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
I've heard in the early versions, 0.1/0.2 D was full on loli. Dot's had to boob her up coz of a big backlash.
I was there when DMD was still on v0.2 (got the game from a different website, but still) and while she did look younger I don't believe it was "full on loli". But she definitely looked nowhere close to be over the age of 18—even less so than she does in the present.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
well hermione shouldn't be 18-21 but akabur gets to stay in patreon.
She looks older and possibly the pen and ink render is not as lifelike as the graphic imagery, plus you see very little actual sex. It's more test based.
If Akbar's game got a 3D makeover and included more graphic sex scenes (something that would be interesting to play) it might draw more Patreon ire.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
So V0.20 is supposed to come out November correct me if I am wrong cause doesn't it go Melody gets two updates then DMD gets it's update ?

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
From autopsy I know that, in fact, many native speakers make the very same mistake.. It is truly annoying, but not very unusual..
I wrote that scene. I don’t have the original word document, so I can’t tell you if the error came from me or a typo on the other end. I think I also may have submitted the scene in a pdf format.

I do know the difference between the two. Lol. And I graduated from UCLA which is “University of California Los Angeles” as opposed to “University College in Los Angeles”

Sancrest

Jul 5, 2018
I wrote that scene. I don’t have the original word document, so I can’t tell you if the error came from me or a typo on the other end. I think I also may have submitted the scene in a pdf format.

I do know the difference between the two. Lol. And I graduated from UCLA which is “University of California Los Angeles” as opposed to “University College in Los Angeles”
That's why, proofreading is important. There was a similar mistake at the beginning of the game too. This time it was written "your" instead of "you're".

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes