Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
That's why, proofreading is important. There was a similar mistake at the beginning of the game too. This time it was written "your" instead of "you're".
I am not a native speaker but I know the difference too, yay! But I became pragmatic with such misspellings. I just ask myself, does it kill my boner? No? Everything fine. Yes? Oh dear, I think I need professional help ;)

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
So V0.20 is supposed to come out November correct me if I am wrong cause doesn't it go Melody gets two updates then DMD gets it's update ?
It's supposed to but I guess we could ask (Hey @Jeff Steel any small updates you're allowed to share please? :coldsweat:)

I wrote that scene. I don’t have the original word document, so I can’t tell you if the error came from me or a typo on the other end. I think I also may have submitted the scene in a pdf format.

I do know the difference between the two. Lol. And I graduated from UCLA which is “University of California Los Angeles” as opposed to “University College in Los Angeles”
That's why, proofreading is important. There was a similar mistake at the beginning of the game too. This time it was written "your" instead of "you're".
I just find it funny that everyone's hung up over the small and very few grammatical oversights out of the too many thousand lines of script that came from @Jeff Steel's that could have been other things that happened in development. If you're a patron, fair enough you have a right but for everyone else, unless you're contributing to the product, give the man a break. It's like President Macron's English faux pas reloaded in here...

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
DMD is on track for a November release. Writing with any typos is going on now.

Re: typos, there used to be a couple of people who volunteered to find typos. Not sure if they are still involved in that. I’ll pass on any typo notes.

As a non-paid game developer, my personal time in this project is not typo related but plot and writing related. But any notes I will pass forward.

Sancrest

Jul 5, 2018
DMD is on track for a November release. Writing with any typos is going on now.

Re: typos, there used to be a couple of people who volunteered to find typos. Not sure if they are still involved in that. I’ll pass on any typo notes.

As a non-paid game developer, my personal time in this project is not typo related but plot and writing related. But any notes I will pass forward.
Well you are doing a great job.(sincerely, no intention of irony here :D)

Well if I see typo's I will point them out. In a form of a joke or in a more serious tone.
The tone of my message is because it was 3rd or 4th time I saw that typo. I like this project ant this is right now is my only way to contribute. Nobody wants their game to be flawed when it is done, am I right.

P.S. - I am not a native speaker and trying to write a script... You should see my typos and grammatical(is this a word) mistakes :D ( Spoilers - 56 pages out of 100 has to be rewritten :D)

ashish 090

Sep 6, 2018
the sheer number of members here playing this game is huge. i have played some gamess till now and those game threads had not more than 500 pages(may be except some below 1000) but this!! this has a whooping 1200. people are playing and liking this game very much,so you can call it a request but please try to give updates more often. i know about 'melody' and i will be playing it soon and i know you are human like us too...i am just trying to say if you can try to give more priority to this than melody,please do so.....although i am yet to try melody,can't really say its bad. Thank You.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hate when game devs can't distinguish between "you're" and "your"
I find its and it's get used improperly by a great deal of people.
But typos are understandable in that the team is putting updates out at a rate which my not allow for editors and proofreaders.
Still this is a game not an English paper.

yougopurple

Oct 16, 2018
“University of California Los Angeles” as opposed to “University College in Los Angeles”
Meh, I presumed it was same format as something somewhere else in the US that was Uni college placename. but I'm right on university and college being synonyms over there? Or did Hollywood lie to me?

*in tears* Hollywood LIEEES! LIES I TELL YOU!

Some typos are just... kinda born to be made, (dont know how else to put it). When I try to write fast enough to keep up with my muse when it's on point, a lot of the time I make the exact same typo: Teh instead of The.

Reactions: RustyV

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
Trying to get my dmd2 started but keep getting error. Cannot load save file and get this when try to manually enter.
The error you're linking is not-a-number in:
v_stat_d_friend = int(renpy.input("How many Friendship Points (FP) do you have?"))
Make sure you're type in numbers only for int()-values.
Can also see you're on android, and i got no what's wrong if the problem persist.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
And whats up about end this series?
CH3 will be come or author focus on Melody?
For now CH2 is being developed and released every 3 months. CH3 is unknown if it will happen within this timed releasing.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
D would be old enough to collect social security benefits by the time a chapter 3 is released on a tri-monthly update schedule. So I doubt there will be a chapter 3.
And again FUCK PATREON!

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
it seems he whas bizzy whit melody becusse that got just a update.
and it whas sayd this whould be the month for DMD geuss not.
unless he whill just start whit it

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
it seems he whas bizzy whit melody becusse that got just a update.
and it whas sayd this whould be the month for DMD geuss not.
unless he whill just start whit it
DMD updates in November, then the next two months are Melody again, then DMD, then the next two months Melody etc.

Reactions: JJsworld
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes