Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
D certainly gets around View attachment 171690
Since the raw 'D' model is a very commonly used one in other games, people have her used as background material as well since it's so easy to do. Coincidentally it fits perfectly since D is set to become a fashion model judging by how DMD is progressing.

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Here we go again... every time the game is about to get an update, dozens of idiots come and start talking shit as usual. Happens every time.
Problem is....You have a bunch of people that only look at a site and don't read all of the comments and answers from Mr. Dots and think that because he's making DMD he can't do any wrong. Proof is all on the Mr. Dots page of people actually took time to read it and not just guess

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
DMD is funded by the "Buy me a coffee" link on his website. No mention on Patreon. Patreon funds do not pay for its creation. We don't know his exact finances, but think about it - would "But me a coffee" at $5 a pop be anywhere near his funding from Patreon?
A minor detail, since your overall point is correct and I don't want to dilute that: the Buy Me A Coffee (BMAC) mechanism was apparently dropped for a new purchase processor:

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The Patreon money being separate from the BMAC money and the two streams never crossing is just notional, similar to what they call a 'legal fiction', imo. I imagine Patreon are entirely aware and simply want the plausible deniability.
You actually think it's likely that Patreon is monitoring MrDots' offsite activities for actions related to a game which was dropped from their site a long while ago, since replaced by another edition which has become fairly popular in its own right and which continues to attract pledges?

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
You actually think it's likely that Patreon is monitoring MrDots' offsite activities for actions related to a game which was dropped from their site a long while ago, since replaced by another edition which has become fairly popular in its own right and which continues to attract pledges?
Believe it or not...They still are monitoring it. Mr.Dots still has ties to Patreon and even admits that he won't leave it fully because most other places won't change currency to his countries. Many people have suggested other places and Mr.Dots just doesn't want to leave it fully so Patreon still has control on how monies are paid out. Until Mr. Dots pulls out of Patreon completely they can monitor all the work. And that's just not me saying this...Mr. Dots explains it all on his page in the hundreds of pages of comments and suggestions given. Just noticed as well in the link in comment above...Paypal is being used.....Paypal owns Patreon. This is where the problems all started from is with Paypal putting the brakes on certain types of games

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Believe it or not...They still are monitoring it. Mr.Dots still has ties to Patreon and even admits that he won't leave it fully because most other places won't change currency to his countries. Many people have suggested other places and Mr.Dots just doesn't want to leave it fully so Patreon still has control on how monies are paid out. Until Mr. Dots pulls out of Patreon completely they can monitor all the work. And that's just not me saying this...Mr. Dots explains it all on his page in the hundreds of pages of comments and suggestions given. Just noticed as well in the link in comment above...Paypal is being used.....Paypal owns Patreon. This is where the problems all started from is with Paypal putting the brakes on certain types of games
I have supported DMD since the beginning and have no idea which comments you are talking about - MrDots originally laid out that Patreon is for Melody and offsite payment methods are for DMD:

Patreon has thousands of patrons and the assertion that they are actively checking on his offsite activities to see if he's at all using his Patreon-routed funding for other activities strikes me as improbable. He is putting out a successful game in Melody right on their very pages and advertises its schedule in the open. It has even been discussed that Melody pledges could pause their payments for the DMD month as an option (I am not sure if MrDots has considered pausing his collections during those same months.)

I have no idea where you are going with Paypal owning Patreon - MrDots simply moved from BMAC to another payment processor (HumbleBundle) that as its own options: credit card, Paypal and Amazon.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
didn't know rachel has artificial leg.

also seems that d has inherited r's body.

Reactions: RustyV

zazaza2

Jun 5, 2018
Hello I have a question
I already downloaded Chapter 1 with MEGA, but it seems there is no sound in game? There is no music and general sound. Is it a bug? Or my download is corrupted?
sorry for my bad english

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Hello I have a question
I already downloaded Chapter 1 with MEGA, but it seems there is no sound in game? There is no music and general sound. Is it a bug? Or my download is corrupted?
sorry for my bad english
No your download is fine. There isn't sound in DMD chapter 1 (From memory).

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes