ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
Is this game finished? I didn't play it for like two months.
Nope. The games is a "work in progress" game, this means that it is still ongoing, vis-a-vis it's updated. So you may as well look at it as an episodic VN. Next "episode"/chapter" aka "version update" is ongoing.

hui12

Oct 1, 2017
It is necessary to develop the game by the fans, in order for “mrdots” to finally forget about “Melody”. Updates every three months - an attempt to collect as much money as possible. IMHO

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
It is necessary to develop the game by the fans, in order for “mrdots” to finally forget about “Melody”. Updates every three months - an attempt to collect as much money as possible. IMHO
If you're donating hard cash to DMD or Melody, sure you have a say but until then it's best to appreciate that he's even continuing the game in the first place with minimal funding.

EDIT: Due to the unintended s***storm following this, based on the current model right now, the funding he gets from DMD (BMAC/Humble Bumble) is minimal compared against Melody (Against other devs it would be a different story) and yes MrDots could make it appear legal from Patreon's perspective and yet use the funding from Melody to fund the development of DMD if Patreon weren't monitoring his finances from Melody (On the record I'm not saying he does this but the possibility exists) however the point is unless you're financially supporting MrDots, it's best to be grateful that you have access to DMD/the fact there's still development.

hui12

Oct 1, 2017
If you're donating hard cash to DMD or Melody, sure you have a say but until then it's best to appreciate that he's even continuing the game in the first place with minimal funding.
That's bullshit. I will not talk about "minimal funding", just go to its page. Many publishers of the genre remained on Patreon after a wave of bans, some released games, others continue to release updates every month. Especially sly people use the situation to make their wallet thicker, this is greed.

Deleted member 900601

Sep 21, 2018
Well he's making at least 49k USD a year, but odds are most of the patrons are on the 5$ tier or above (because it gives access to the game), since the 1$ tier only gives access to news (and who cares about that).

I am guessing he's making in the range of 200-250k a year from patreon alone if we include fluctuation of patrons.

He obviously hires people now, but he certainly isn't on "minimal funding".

dark1

Mar 5, 2017
Ok I've got a question. I haven't played this for ages,
So is there a path yet to have both daughter and the co-worker ?

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
That's bullshit. I will not talk about "minimal funding", just go to its page. Many publishers of the genre remained on Patreon after a wave of bans, some released games, others continue to release updates every month. Especially sly people use the situation to make their wallet thicker, this is greed.
To keep it legal for Patreon's purposes, the funding he gets there is for Melody only so let's leave it at that. If you think he's just milking it for greed and feel that strongly about it, don't play and don't support him. For DMD, right now and not what he was getting before, his contributions are minimal compared to Melody but compared to other devs, sure he's making a little.

Well he's making at least 49k USD a year, but odds are most of the patrons are on the 5$ tier or above (because it gives access to the game), since the 1$ tier only gives access to news (and who cares about that).

I am guessing he's making in the range of 200-250k a year from patreon alone if we include fluctuation of patrons.

He obviously hires people now, but he certainly isn't on "minimal funding".
Right now, DMD gets minimal funding compared to Melody and I'm not going to bother to include taxes and other costs that he has to pay for both.

Ok I've got a question. I haven't played this for ages,
So is there a path yet to have both daughter and the co-worker ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: fried
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes