csw

Aug 5, 2016
rendering images like he does take a GOOD LONG WHILE! not everyone has a super computer to do it!
You've no clue about what you're talking. Use a normal pc, nothing fancy, then go buy a mid-range $300 nvidia card, install daz studio and load some props similar to the ones the game uses, and see how long they take to render to a decent quality, most of them under 1 hour, in some you'll get pretty good quality in only 20-30 minutes or less(i spotted many of those on this game), so this point is total BS.

loctran

Jul 10, 2017
Hey guy , i have a problem , when i play V.10 day 10 at the evening when elena suck F dick , after that F invite D to bed and D confess that she want to be F girlfriend or wanna be a couple and F accepted so they are a couple and they can date like a couple then they sleep . But when i install V.11 patch into my game folder . the dialogue have changes , D doesn't say she want to be a couple but she think in mind that she will be F wife and she not talk to F and obviously they are not a real couple . i dont know what happen with my game , or dev just fix it , i''m really confused ==

U

User_14443

You've no clue about what you're talking. Use a normal pc, nothing fancy, then go buy a mid-range $300 nvidia card, install daz studio and load some props similar to the ones the game uses, and see how long they take to render to a decent quality, most of them under 1 hour, in some you'll get pretty good quality in only 20-30 minutes or less(i spotted many of those on this game), so this point is total BS.
I just tried by curiosity. That's an easy thing from the tutorial, took me 7 minutes to render that:
I have a 980gtx and a i7 3770, which are already pretty old.
Doesn't seem to need the most recent computer and hours to make.

kwettkwett

Jun 10, 2017
Hey guy , i have a problem , when i play V.10 day 10 at the evening when elena suck F dick , after that F invite D to bed and D confess that she want to be F girlfriend or wanna be a couple and F accepted so they are a couple and they can date like a couple then they sleep . But when i install V.11 patch into my game folder . the dialogue have changes , D doesn't say she want to be a couple but she think in mind that she will be F wife and she not talk to F and obviously they are not a real couple . i dont know what happen with my game , or dev just fix it , i''m really confused ==
Funniest comment I've read since yesterday !!! Thx, you just made my day !!!

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
she was in the midst of "passion" you might say, she slept on it and changed how she wanted it, talked about it immediately... nothing much it was just a person changing her mind, nothing wrong with your install.

Reactions: Nixo

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
First of all I know a hell of a lot about computers and their capabilities. you are assuming something you don't know. and if you know so much you know it would NOT be the GRAPHICS card that "RENDERS" the image, but the CENTRAL PROCESSOR, MEMORY and the Frequency at which the board's crystal resonates that deal with how long RENDERS take. Before you go on and tell me I am wrong look it up! the Graphics cards only process what they are told for SCREEN RESOLUTION and DISPLAY purposes only! If you have a DUAL or TRI graphics card installation then the other two are assistance for the main GPU but can be tasked to HELP with CPU tasks IF the system is set up properly for that. From what you just said here, you are a "blowhard" or someone who thinks they know more than they do. (I make that determination from your assumption that the video card is what does the rendering of the actual image, the video card only RENDERS an image on a screen it does not make it into the FILE that is put into these Visual Novels). Your point that he could buy a computer that NASA uses, that is an out right lie because they don't use powerful pcs, for the stations they use generally and moderately powerful systems but for true calculations they use MAINFRAME computers.

I just tried by curiosity. That's an easy thing from the tutorial, took me 7 minutes to render that:
I have a 980gtx and a i7 3770, which are already pretty old.
Doesn't seem to need the most recent computer and hours to make.
Nicely done, but did you take into account the positioning of the objects? did you make the resolution as high as what Mr. Dots does? did you change anything from the initial image that you were being told to work with? did you change the speculative lighting, did you increase the bust size of the image, the color of the skin? that picture is lower resolution than what Mr. Dots does. and it still took 7 minutes to render. I'm not arguing that he couldn't have a better computer but if one picture takes say 10 minutes to render and there are 90 such pictures to be done, that's 900 minutes for the first run. then you have the ones that didn't render like you thought say that was 10 of those, there is another 100 minutes. so far we are up to 1000 minutes put into this and that is a total of 16 hours just for those pictures, then you have to put in the time to change how the outfit looks on the character, make sure it isn't hanging off unless that's what it's supposed to be doing. and then take into account writing the code in the game software, plus writing the script It is much more involved than you expect.

PTOLEMY of Dreaming of Dana even said that he could not do more than 200 renders in one weekend and write a story and get an update out, and instead of the 100 renders he was thinking to release 1/2 at a time it took him an extra 7 days to get everything out!

Reactions: Adolfo

Imskel

Apr 23, 2017
hasn't been posted yet, but judging by the trend of the recent release dates, the next version v0.12 will likely be made available Friday August 11th, 2017. will edit this post once it's confirmed on MrDot's patreon.
woot hope it does that would be a nice B-day present for me from DmD :D

Reactions: Krull and Freki
U

User_14443

Nicely done, but did you take into account the positioning of the objects? did you make the resolution as high as what Mr. Dots does? did you change anything from the initial image that you were being told to work with? did you change the speculative lighting, did you increase the bust size of the image, the color of the skin?

Just read what I said, "tried by curiosity. That's an easy thing from the tutorial".
So, to all of your questions: no. I never pretended it was hi-tech graphics the same as Mr. Dots and others VN.

Imskel

Apr 23, 2017
Just curious what you all think :)

I voted for Jennifer, she is sweet, shy, kind and a little bit naughty (think that is Elena's doing)
only prob i see with her is in the rendering of her, her head seems a bit on the large size (could be the hair). but that still don't change my vote.

Reactions: 401Grem and Freki

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
only prob i see with her is in the rendering of her, her head seems a bit on the large size (could be the hair). but that still don't change my vote.
The head size is what makes her look pre-pubescent. Unfortunately as if he were to have a more realistic proportion for someone in their late teens, she'd be a real cutie for those of us who like smaller chests :)

Reactions: Freki

John Smithers

Apr 27, 2017
First of all I know a hell of a lot about computers and their capabilities. you are assuming something you don't know. and if you know so much you know it would NOT be the GRAPHICS card that "RENDERS" the image, but the CENTRAL PROCESSOR, MEMORY and the Frequency at which the board's crystal resonates that deal with how long RENDERS take. Before you go on and tell me I am wrong look it up! the Graphics cards only process what they are told for SCREEN RESOLUTION and DISPLAY purposes only! If you have a DUAL or TRI graphics card installation then the other two are assistance for the main GPU but can be tasked to HELP with CPU tasks IF the system is set up properly for that. From what you just said here, you are a "blowhard" or someone who thinks they know more than they do. (I make that determination from your assumption that the video card is what does the rendering of the actual image, the video card only RENDERS an image on a screen it does not make it into the FILE that is put into these Visual Novels). Your point that he could buy a computer that NASA uses, that is an out right lie because they don't use powerful pcs, for the stations they use generally and moderately powerful systems but for true calculations they use MAINFRAME computers.

Nicely done, but did you take into account the positioning of the objects? did you make the resolution as high as what Mr. Dots does? did you change anything from the initial image that you were being told to work with? did you change the speculative lighting, did you increase the bust size of the image, the color of the skin? that picture is lower resolution than what Mr. Dots does. and it still took 7 minutes to render. I'm not arguing that he couldn't have a better computer but if one picture takes say 10 minutes to render and there are 90 such pictures to be done, that's 900 minutes for the first run. then you have the ones that didn't render like you thought say that was 10 of those, there is another 100 minutes. so far we are up to 1000 minutes put into this and that is a total of 16 hours just for those pictures, then you have to put in the time to change how the outfit looks on the character, make sure it isn't hanging off unless that's what it's supposed to be doing. and then take into account writing the code in the game software, plus writing the script It is much more involved than you expect.

PTOLEMY of Dreaming of Dana even said that he could not do more than 200 renders in one weekend and write a story and get an update out, and instead of the 100 renders he was thinking to release 1/2 at a time it took him an extra 7 days to get everything out!
You must be fun at parties /s

Even then, there are more than 40,000+ minutes in a month. Obviously he's not going to spend all his time rendering, but when you're making $30,000+ a MONTH there's really no excuse for a better computer and use of an entire month to render images.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Just read what I said, "tried by curiosity. That's an easy thing from the tutorial".
So, to all of your questions: no. I never pretended it was hi-tech graphics the same as Mr. Dots and others VN.
I only posted those questions for you to ponder and take a look as to how long it really does take per image.

You must be fun at parties /s

Even then, there are more than 40,000+ minutes in a month. Obviously he's not going to spend all his time rendering, but when you're making $30,000+ a MONTH there's really no excuse for a better computer and use of an entire month to render images.
Well at parties i'm not dealing with people that aren't open to new ideas on what they know. I never said he couldn't get a better computer but even a better computer will still take time. it's a question of number crunching when doing renders, and if you have an intel octa core (true 8 cores not 4 with a virtual 4) that's 8 calculations per core, and to render these images there are thousands and thousands of various calculations to be made. there is only so much that any given processor can do. The MainFrame computers of the 80's are just less powerful than the low high end of today why? because instead of one computer with a single cpu there were thousands of computers networked in one location and that's what made them so powerful. now we have computers with 8 cores per processor that is 8 times the calculations of a single core processor as no matter how fast you make a processor, it is only as good as the slowest component on the board.

Imskel

Apr 23, 2017
She asked him there, with the secret plan to get him to fuk her, and then puts the guilt trip onto him for not having a condom?
if I was going down the Elena line she would not have blocked my MC (least not in RL) would have bent her over and been done with it. since she wants to be a tease to the MC. but I will have to wait for that line in the game when I am don't with my Daughter line of the story first, but I have something new to look forward too.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes