fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Believe preglovr12 wasn't pointing towards people talking about donating but was saying that the whole donation pledge in general doesn't belong in this thread...FULLY agree
It is actually DMD-related - that was a lure being used and the adult gaming community was MrDots' targeted audience for donations.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
people who donated for the cause of australia please upload the exclusive photos
Really? I never complain on piracy of the game, but I disagree with this request. I understand your lack of funds. Perhaps bring this request up again after June of this year when Australia has made it thru the fall and is well into their winter.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
If the author of the game decided to give part of his money to charity and wants others to follow his example, then one could say that all donations for the game for the month (or several months) are sent to charity. Or ask all the patrons to transfer the money not to him but to the wildlife fund. And so it looks like PR against the backdrop of a natural disaster. In addition, there are many other problems in the world. For example, people in Africa die of hunger, etc. Why did only Australia's problem deserve the attention of the author?
In general, charity is a good thing, but it is praised by charity or using it for your own purposes nullifies good intentions.

People pay money for the game and wait the game. How the author wants to manage this money, let him decide for himself. As well as people who are not indifferent to the tragedy of Australia, they can independently transfer donations directly to the fund. The principle: donating to the game separately, donations to the fund separately...
In addition, Hearsz lives close to the fires. For example, the location where his brother just got married burned down in the fires ... so the events are closer to home than others.

But if you were to question whether or not this donation would affect more human lives than others? Probably not since funding a malaria prevention organization or an organization that provides solar panels for impoverished people in third world countries would probably have more impact, and more lasting. But for the MDots team, this has poignancy.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
The DMD post mentioning the $5 donation makes no reference to the game. The post does however offer an additional treat to those who would not donate otherwise, in the form of what I suppose are nudes of DMD characters.

It also gives a direct link to an AU wildlife organisation that handles donations, if you want to donate and don't care about the nudes.

I'm not sure what you're actually disapproving of here, but maybe I am misunderstanding your intent; I had trouble parsing it.
You clearly didn't even bother to read MrDots' write-up on the donation page.
His main writer is Australian, THAT'S why the cause has his attention, and why he wants to help.

It's incredible some of the BS people post on this site, just to draw attention to themselves, when all this dev and team are trying to do is a kind, selfless thing. He doesn't need to do a damn thing, yet, he has, and has most peoples respect for that.
Who's to say he hasn't donated to other charities that we don't know about? :cautious:

EdIt: Agreed preglovr12. If none of you have anything positive to say about any dev donating and raising money for a charity, it sure as hell has no place here. Or anywhere for that matter.
In addition, Hearsz lives close to the fires. For example, the location where his brother just got married burned down in the fires ... so the events are closer to home than others.

But if you were to question whether or not this donation would affect more human lives than others? Probably not since funding a malaria prevention organization or an organization that provides solar panels for impoverished people in third world countries would probably have more impact, and more lasting. But for the MDots team, this has poignancy.
If you read my post, then I didn’t write about helping Australia is bad. "In general, charity is a good thing..."+"How the author wants to manage this money, let him decide for himself".
The question is how it is presented. While the problems did not concern the authors, no one spoke about charity. And as soon as it was touched, it immediately began.
You should always do charity work, and not just when it concerns you. And if you do it, you will not boast about it right and left.

Real charity is a complete transfer of funds to the addressee without extracting their own benefits:

(Although in this situation, the manufacturer company will receive certain benefits for themselves)

In addition, I wrote not only about the author but also about f95. Discussing the topic with the game about the problems of Australia is not the best solution. I was more affected not so much by the content of the author’s post than by the discussion in this topic.
In the topic with the game, I personally am interested in the game, and not where the author of the game is going to spend his money. and if we are talking about charity, then it does not need to be imposed. I am able to read about world problems on relevant resources and make my own decisions about charity and other things.
I hope that in this topic we will discuss the game, and not how to do charity work, etc...

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
DMD (Melody, and Sunshine Love) is a creation of the Mr.Dots team, and the fires are affecting a third of the team. That will have an effect on their product.
Doing charity work that draws on the fans helps make these VNs more than just entertainment. It is the team and players doing something that helps with a tragedy.
Several years ago after a devastating flood in West Virginia a local strip club ran a Laps Dance for Flood Relief charity drive. 50% of all money collected by Lap Dances (from both the management and the dancers) was donated to help the flood victims. It actually garnered national attention and helped raise public awareness of the extent of the disaster. Sometimes little things can mean a lot.

But to numanumani's point we should also focus on DMD, which seems to be a ghost town since SL was announced.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
IMO DMD is a very different core concept VN than the other Mr.Dots games. Melody was the story of a girl moving on to the adult part of her life, either being a singing star or settling down in marriage. Sunshine Love (which sounds like a 70's rock band) seems to focus around the interactions of a group of people in a hotel, who drive around in a van solving mysteries.

In contrast DMD appears to have been conceived to have been about a girl transitioning from sheltered innocence to a young woman who rebelled and indulged in multiple sexual fetishes. Mr.Dots even included a corruption scale to chart D's deepening sexual proclivities. So all of the talk of extreme sex, i.e. bestiality could have been part of the DMD venue. However over time it appears the audience began to see D as more than a 2 dimensional ever more perverse sex puppet to a character with depth and limits to what actions in which she would or would not participate. She is far more perverse in the fan art thread than in the actual VN. So we are at the present where D may become naughty but I doubt will be the deviant she was intended to be. But this is just all speculation.

TungstenDuck

May 6, 2018
He may as well just stop with the corruption petals. Its done. Its not going any further. Well maybe one more petal for getting blacked.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Wonder how D will react when she sees her modeling photos in a magazine or online?
We can guess how Elena will react.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes