compusavvy

Nov 26, 2017
this is the hardest moment of my life. why the developers hate me, I won’t wait for the end of February, I’m going crazy, I have a breakdown that the addict never had, the Nazis didn’t torture Jews like that, I need a dose of DMD, I'm empty, my mind counts seconds until the end of February, AAAAAAAAA
Not very politically correct mate... Should never say jews & nazis in a single sentence or make any negro/slave jokes on the internet... That's a touchy point for many out there

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
good cause. i agree with the not sharing of the photos as it's meant as a reward to those donating to the crisis happening over there.

Reactions: Ed B

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah this is a good cause. I'm glad Mr.Dots is trying to help.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Everyone Hello again to all! Well, in less than one day we've been able to reach our initial target of $500, with every chance of making it to the $1,000 mark by the weekend!! You guys are awesome, and the best supporters us creators could ever ask for! I'll check back with you once we have cracked the 1,000 mark! HearszAM(edited)

$670.82 at this time.

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
This is going to be unpopular as hell but at least the wildlife killed in Aus will mean no more culling of Koala's for overpopulation for a few years

A lot of these charities popping up for the fire relief are just money making scams, not much is going to pass through the administration fee filter sad to say (btw the bushfires in Aus in the 70's covered over 9x the area of the current ones) so the wildlife will be fine regardless

Last edited:

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
There's no release planned in the end of this month?

DMD v0.25
February 29th, 2020
44days to go.
no they are working on their new game this month, DMD v0.25 in February, then back to the new game for March with a targeted release date of their new game SL (Sunshine Love) end of March.

Reactions: fried

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I'm all for Mr Dots keeping his revenue stream by getting a new game up and running but with Melody done I was really hoping DMD would get a few updates in a row rather than get put on the back burner.
You have to understand that DMD can not be on patreon and he needs a game on patreon to make money to keep going.

Reactions: fried

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
A lot of these charities popping up for the fire relief are just money making scams, not much is going to pass through the administration fee filter sad to say (btw the bushfires in Aus in the 70's covered over 9x the area of the current ones) so the wildlife will be fine regardless
I don't feel that implicitly minimizing the impacts of these most recent fires is appropriate, and MrDots is offering their own way to shine a light on a large-scale dilemma for the region that is only worsening. There are over a 100 fires, over a billion members of the wildlife are estimated dead or dying, a few dozen people have died, many homes and businesses destroyed with some towns cut off by fires, Canberra's air quality index is already 20 times the level considered dangerous, etc. And, this happening during the hottest and driest year in Australia ever recorded.

From what I've read, Wildlife Victoria, Inc. acts as a coordinator for wildlife incident reporting and rescue/recovery, with its financials appearing to show that about 20% of their funds used for administration and members. Private donations go directly to the organization and make up the bulk of their annual funding. Seems legit and helpful of MrDots to choose this organization.

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
I don't feel that implicitly minimizing the impacts of these most recent fires is appropriate,
Feelings don't change the fact that the scale of these bushfires has been totally blown out of historical proportions and that large bush fires will continue to occur every 11 years or so (btw you will see reports of major flood in Aus soon because historically floods always happen after bushfires in this country)

Here are the actual financials of the Charity so you can see where you money will be spent before you donate

And no it isn't the hottest and driest year ever in Australia:

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Feelings don't change the fact that the scale of these bushfires has been totally blown out of historical proportions and that large bush fires will continue to occur every 11 years or so (btw you will see reports of major flood in Aus soon because historically floods always happen after bushfires in this country)
"Feelings" have nothing to do with the stats I cited in terms of current impact levels, which are still increasing. Ignorance is not strength, nor is lack of caring.

Here are the actual financials of the Charity so you can see where you money will be spent before you donate

That's the 20% I referenced (see: "Administration and Member Expenses") - good job finding the obvious.

As I said, MrDots' choice for a wildlife support organization is a good one and people here should feel good if they donate to the cause.

And no it isn't the hottest and driest year ever in Australia:

Maybe keep your global warming denier bullshit out of the game forum - not everyone here is aware that extreme idealogues created an anti-science cottage industry for political purposes:

However, some of us are or have been in the sciences and have no qualms calling out this minority-driven, "truthiness" nonsense:

Reactions: malice2wardnone

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
"Feelings" have nothing to do with the stats I cited in terms of current impact levels, which are still increasing. Ignorance is not strength, nor is lack of caring.
Facts are that this bushfire is 9 times smaller than the one 46 years ago

You think people would have learned not to keep rebuilding in those areas but stupid is as stupid does.

That's the 20% I referenced (see: "Administration and Member Expenses") - good job finding the obvious.
You obviously didn't open it

$437,778 in admin costs , revenue $1,109,838 in FY2019

Over 39% in admin costs not 20%- over half the expenses is on answering telephones: Emergency Phone Service Expenses $553,635
only $3,627 of over $1 million was spent on Emergency response- it's a scam

Maybe keep your global warming denier bullshit out of the game forum
Where did this bullshit assertion come from?

Just warning people that there is a lot of misinfo about these bushfires and people are raking in the money profiting from the good intentions of people

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes