goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
NOPE - COMMON mistake
NTR is NOT the term for all of that

EXACTLY that's the reason for all misunderstandings
NTR is ONLY ONLY ONLY netorare by definition!!!!
Just because players use it the wrong way does not make this beeing something more
you can search for it, and you will always just get NTR = Netorare -> nothing else
You can, of course, substantiate this. Because I'd really like something other than some rando yelling "it's this way! always".

I cant say USA is a place for bad persons, just because Union of Social Asholes -> U.S.A (sorry for that words, but you see what i mean? NTR is by definition ONLY netorare, in coincidence there are similar words, but that doesn't make them part of NTR though
:rolleyes:

This is:
  1. insulting
  2. a non-sequitur

EDIT:
Just try yourself and search for "definition of NTR" - you will always get the same result: NTR = notorare - no mentioning anything else, or more than that. (ok, you might find something else if you search long enough, but still you then have to ask, if that site is right). Not everything which is written somewhere has to be the truth XD. Believe me (i got friends who studied japanese culture) NTR is only netorare.
Just tried that. The first definition is "Nothing To Report".

Found this link:

Which has this interesting phrase:
Factoring netori into the equation, some people came up with not one, but two ways to disambiguate the NTR abbreviation:

1. netorare is NTR, netori is NTL.
  2. netorare is NTRR, netori is NTR.

Ooh, look at that - netorare is NTRR and netori is NTR.

There's my 1 counter example that destroys your argument. <mic drop>

As for the NTR discussion, i can't remember to have insulted ANYONE, not even you in special. I replied to another user who asked why people always "keep bringing ntr up". I also cant see anything where i called you "idiot" (or having used any other words like that). I just told in general, why NTR is still ongoing discussion at all. Not only over here.
Did you forget JUST writing "Union of Social Asholes" {sic}?
I am also not english native though.
o_O
oreally.jpg
Forgive me if I don't take the definition of an English term, originally from Japanese, from a non-English speaker.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018

Which has this interesting phrase:
Factoring netori into the equation, some people came up with not one, but....
yes - there is "SOME PEOPLE came up" - just "SOME" - that are the people not being right!

on the same page you will also see:
Netori vs. Netorare
A word related to netorare is netori 寝取り, which is similar, but different.
and even more important:
Usage in Japanese
Unlike the words and , which , the word netorare and its abbreviation NTR are, indeed, used in Japanese with the same meaning they have in English.
And finally, before i drop this off-topic -> even in your quoted page there is NEVER been told, that NTR is the global term for everything.
Even the "some players" divide between NTR (or NTRR as they said) and NTL (Or NTR as they said)
They NEVER use NTR at same time for all like you want to do.
And that's it for me -> enough off-topic

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
this quote from me
As for the NTR discussion, i can't remember to have insulted ANYONE, not even you in special. I replied to another user who asked why people always "keep bringing ntr up". I also cant see anything where i called you "idiot" (or having used any other words like that). I just told in general, why NTR is still ongoing discussion at all. Not only over here.
is related to a complete other topic and conversation about something completely different. And also different author.

So your actual post
Did you forget JUST writing "Union of Social Asholes" {sic}?
is out of context.

If you are using quotes, please just make sure you put the right quotes out of the right context and pay attention that the quotes were made on the same topic before using them to insult others!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
this quote from me

is related to a complete other topic and conversation about something completely different. And also different author.

So your actual post

is out of context.

If you are using quotes, please just make sure you put the right quotes out of the right context and pay attention that the quotes were made on the same topic before using them to insult others!
You say "I can't remember to have insulted ANYONE", then you say "is out of context".

English lesson: "anyone", used in this manner, removes all context. Or, depending on your point of view, removes all context except this thread.

And yet, even without removing context, anything in this thread is in context.

yes - there is "SOME PEOPLE came up" - just "SOME" - that are the people not being right!

on the same page you will also see:

and even more important:

And finally, before i drop this off-topic -> even in your quoted page there is NEVER been told, that NTR is the global term for everything.
Even the "some players" divide between NTR (or NTRR as they said) and NTL (Or NTR as they said)
They NEVER use NTR at same time for all like you want to do.
And that's it for me -> enough off-topic
And again, you pull blanket pronouncements out of thin air and don't back them up.

We had our English lesson, here's our logic lesson. If you say something is always true, all I have to do to disprove it is find one example where it isn't true. It doesn't matter that there are other things in what I quote that agree with you; finding one thing that disagrees with you disproves your contention of "always".

Continuing the logic lesson, you can't say "anyone who disagrees with me is wrong", then "that disagrees with me, so since I said anything that disagrees with me is wrong, it's wrong". That's called a fallacy of opposition.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Hyper, you always complain about off-topics yet you just can't resist answering and thus continuing such off-topics. You could just drop it or suggest continuing the discussion elsewhere. But you just need to have the last word every time, right?

Reactions: Forix

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I just can't wait for the day when Geo confesses to D about her relationship with F so they don't have to be secretive anymore. I'm curious about how their relationship will develop. D already sees Geo as a mother-figure but is it going to turn into a threesome relationship or will D just accept her as F's other girlfriend? I can see how D might have insecurities about who F loves more and who he considers as his "main" girlfriend (given that she still has that traditional romantic monogamous view on love). She might be ok sharing F with other girls for some fun and sexy times together occasionally but having other "sister-wife" or "mother-wife"? And while I can see D accepting Elena or Jen as another girlfriend for F, them being besties and such, it could be difficult with Georgina as her Elektra complex might trigger her jealousy and make her feel inferior due to Geo being an older, smarter, sexier and overall better partner for F. Would Geo make her feel secure by making sweet love to her? Would F explain the concept of polyamory? Would D agree to let F marry Geo instead and let go of her slightly naive dream of marrying her Daddy?
See, I'm so impatient I have all sorts of theories!
I like your thoughts. I think you are correct in that Georgina for D represents something substantially different from Elena and Jennifer.

Another series of steps beyond sharing is moving in on a permanent basis. With Elena, this should be a step, but not an onerous. But with Jennifer and Georgina...

Finally, what does D have to wrestle with when it comes to children with any of them?

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I just hope that there is no possibility of D and F ending up with other people, because I think I would have to change the title of the game.
Unless to keep up appearance.
"To the outside world, I date my secretary and my daughter has a boyfriend/girlfriend. But secretly my Daughter and I are in love with each other. Nobody can know our secret because we have so many plans together... I am... Dating My Daughter". [roll credits]

Reactions: proximus

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah. I know. I can imagine one bittersweet ending though where D just grows up and realizes that she was trying to play catch-up and have all these experiences as fast as possible. She didn't get to have a father and she didn't get to experience intense romantic love, so she thought that she could get all of that from 1 person...But now she sees that it was a childish fantasy. A phase. F deserves to have his private life and he's still young enough to build a new family. And she can have different moments with different people. But overall, it was amazing while it lasted because she got to have all these wonderful experiences and she will always remember them fondly. "As they say, you never forget your first".

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Oops
I haven't played Melody yet, but I heard a lot about him, so I got even more confused.
Are you saying that there may be an ending where F and D end up with other people?
Was that the reason for the question mark?
Oops - fixed

Reactions: V&M

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I haven't played Melody yet, but I heard a lot about him, so I got even more confused.
Are you saying that there may be an ending where F and D end up with other people?
Was that the reason for the question mark?
Technically, a harem/poly route would be D and F ending up with other people. All the endings will involve D and F, it doesn't make sense if they didn't.

In Melody, you could either be with Melody or one of the other girls. No harem or poly or anything like that.

Now as far as keeping up appearances goes, I hadn't thought of that before but IMO it would make sense if D/F got a "beard" like in Dreaming of Dana for example. That would probably work best with Graham/Olivia, like in that route in DoD where Dana/MC got another couple to move in with them to be their beards.

Reactions: V&M
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes