RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Because it doesn't match the other games and puts the game in one process!
This business of putting each part apart is horrible.
Both to download and to play.
I even wanted to enjoy this game but I gave up, having to download parts for ouch part. :unsure: :cautious:
DMD in one package would be so big as to be unmanageable, and too large to download reasonably.

Reactions: Looper9

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
DMD in one package would be so big as to be unmanageable, and too large to download reasonably.
Nothing to do is full of renpy games here with several updates and much bigger than this in one part.
I'll give an example look at the size of this game City of Broken Dreamers has 12.8gb friend and is not even ready yet.
If everyone who makes games were going to release it in parts then GTA V, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legenday Edition, among millions of other games, how would this look?
In my mind I prefer to download a game in a single part better to merge in the extraction than to take crumbs and put everything together later.
But if you prefer crumbs this is your point and not my excuse for sincerity.;) (y)

• Angry
Reactions: ToTeras
Sep 21, 2017
Nothing to do is full of renpy games here with several updates and much bigger than this in one part.
I'll give an example look at the size of this game City of Broken Dreamers has 12.8gb friend and is not even ready yet.
If everyone who makes games were going to release it in parts then GTA V, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legenday Edition, among millions of other games, how would this look?
In my mind I prefer to download a game in a single part better to merge in the extraction than to take crumbs and put everything together later.
But if you prefer crumbs this is your point and not my excuse for sincerity.;) (y)
that's why i'm one of those who don't play that game... :cautious:

Reactions: Moricano

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Are you comparing an independent VN to a corporate game system?
So three guys doing every job can on a monthly basis put out the same amount of content as the Skyrim development team? Or have the funding to first create a massive game AND then put it out hoping to make a profit?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Awesome, backhand insult the people with bad internet connections. Nice job.

This game isn't in crumbs; it's in 3 chapters. Nothing to merge; each chapter is a wholly contained game. The first 2 chapters don't change. The 3rd gets updated. You may want to download 10 gigs for every chapter 3 update, but most people don't. And I bet Mr.Dots doesn't want to upload that much every other month either.

Those games you mentioned are finished. You don't need to download the whole game every update.

He probably should talk about Ecchi Sensei.
Which is in chapters...

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Thanks for ruining this VN. :(

The entire premise of DMD is you are going to have sex with your daughter, and to play the VN you have to accept the fact you are in the mind of a morally questionable individual.
Sure! I was reacting to the notion of being a perfect "gentleman" as mentioned - I was attempting to contrast what that might mean in the real world (ideally) vs this game's world. Which is consistent with your point, I feel.

I think we're all enjoying the fantasy of this game without worrying about other realities intruding, right? That's a great advantage of games, the visceral escapism and even roleplay. I mean, I don't feel any more enabled or prepared to pop a cap in someone's ass after playing GTA San Andreas ...

Reactions: RustyV

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I mean first chapter is like 19GB with the mod.Of course there is a crunched version:)
The first chapter with uncompressed PNGs is that big. And you can't really count the mod, since this is a discussion about everything in 1 download, and you have to get the DM patch as a separate download. The regular version is 4.3 gigs. And I think it's telling that week 2 doesn't have an uncompressed version - not much demand for it would be my guess.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes