Trikus

May 31, 2020
The main argument I have against your analysis is that it would be correct for a female protagonist game, but this is the story of a male protagonist, the father is the MC and not the daughter. Also the offered sharing options do not make much sense either from D's or f's perspective. :) For the rest is an interesting and valid defence.
The MC's main motivation since Chapter 1 has been helping D open up to the possibilities in life. It started as him teaching her to be a good girlfriend and has now evolved into helping her explore her sexual urges and desires. The MC has continued doing what he has always done. I disagree with the shared paths not making sense. Georgina got involved because of her relationship with the MC. Elena is involved because she is kinky and loves D. Jennifer is going through her sexual awakening thanks to her attraction to the MC and Elena. The MC found Margo attractive when they first met and now they are sharing. Olivia is attracted to both F and D and they both return the attraction. Martin is the only one that is a little weird but it is part of D's sexual awakening.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That's true to an extent of levers players are given to manipulate the story paths - and therefore, the growth (or not) of the characters. Though, as I noted, there are times we have controlled D's choices as well (e.g., relative to Elena's advances) and I think my point goes beyond game mechanics: we are enabled to grow D's area of personal interests and sexual appetite to some degrees, but certainly in terms of who she finds appealing beyond the MC.

The game mechanics do not hinder D's growth, some of that is forced by the story and the mechanics only speak to her optional growth areas, mostly.

That is, the story otherwise forces her maturity and sexual growth paths, regardless of your choices: by the end of Chapter 3, it is not possible to have a virgin D, for example.

But, it's possible that she never had anal sex. Or intimacy with her feet. Or that she had much to do with Elena. Or that she finds partners/threesomes with people beyond F enticing and acted upon it.
I feel like Elena is something of an outlier in terms of D's independent sexual growth because, as D's best friend, she has the same level of trust in her that she does F and so doesn't see her sexual advances as anything sinister or manipulative but as an act of acceptable intimacy between two people who are close with each other. In this context, I couldn't see D doing anything with Martin, or Graham, or Ryan on her own because that level of trust and connection isn't there with them and is why she would need the approval and assurance of F before doing anything with them.

Therefore, I feel like when we do get those choices when controlling D, it's based on what she's done with the people she trusts (F and Elena) and not on a desire to do something that's independent of what has been approved and accepted by F.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That's true to an extent of levers players are given to manipulate the story paths - and therefore, the growth (or not) of the characters. Though, as I noted, there are times we have controlled D's choices as well (e.g., relative to Elena's advances) and I think my point goes beyond game mechanics: we are enabled to grow D's area of personal interests and sexual appetite to some degrees, but certainly in terms of who she finds appealing beyond the MC.

The game mechanics do not hinder D's growth, some of that is forced by the story and the mechanics only speak to her optional growth areas, mostly.

That is, the story otherwise forces her maturity and sexual growth paths, regardless of your choices: by the end of Chapter 3, it is not possible to have a virgin D, for example.

But, it's possible that she never had anal sex. Or intimacy with her feet. Or that she had much to do with Elena. Or that she finds partners/threesomes with people beyond F enticing and acted upon it.

That's actually not true, though (as I explained in other posts): this story isn't about the MC, but a larger ecosystem and intermingling of people. You do get to make decisions as D (and other players) in some scenes, even. The gameplay mechanics aren't really limiting the story, it's the player's choices in the end.

But the mechanics don't really matter: you as a player decide on what possibilities that D can experience beyond her relationship with the MC, and even if you choose the least challenging options, she will still mature in her independent thinking and sexual experiences with any path taken. It's just that she can take far more paths than merely MC-only. There are still main paths and variants of that to grow, regardless of whether this was offered as a sandbox game, multi-player control at any time, etc. The narratives are available to choose by the player, but that's only because D has matured enough to make them available at different stages of the game.
You are again trying to make it D's story and all about D. Any choices we have been allowed to make as others were when F was not there for story reasons. Though I understand that wish to make it D's story since she is the thing most players focus on, SHE is actually not the focus of the story, but the Father is. That has nothing to do with game mechanics, but is the base setup of the game. It is about fathers interactions with the world and how that shapes the characters in that world. The one exception to that might actually indeed be Elena, who has some shaping actions on D as well independent of the father, but they are still in his interest more or less.

Though the game you want more out of D's perspective might actually have been even a more interesting game as the one we have and something sorely lacking in the female protag genre, especially if would keep rape and blackmail out of it.

Holy Bacchus I think the female choices for threesomes make sense, it is the males that I do not think make much sense, nor in relationship with F and especially D. Nor since each of them is in a way a lesser clone of the F she loves, something that would really arouse her interest as long as she is with F, not even talking from F's perspective. :p (besides if she would be interested to be filled in two holes at same time a FFM threesome would make more sense first anyway, since she is already comfortable with those). Martin could have made sense in a situation before or when she would have never ended up with F, but again this is F's story. Now if there would be a situation where Elena or Jenn had a boyfriend their age, I could see curiosity and closeness to those two from D leading to something with F involved. It is his story afterall and not D's. :p

Last edited:

Rex72

Aug 5, 2018
DEV, no more other guys or women with out the option to say NO at any time! That includes Elena and Georgina. No man is ever truly happy with sharing his bride to be(no matter how or who), he might be seduced to do things but it never sits right and will lead to misery in the long run, it always does. By adding others you will lose players/subscribers/patreons if there is no option to refuse their involvement in the story. Don´t kill the game/story by dumb decisions please.
You missed a true opportunity for a happy ending to the chapter when saying that the MC is the biological father, otherwise a legit wedding followed by a hell of a wedding night could be done. Suggest you recall last update and do that instead.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I feel like Elena is something of an outlier in terms of D's independent sexual growth because, as D's best friend, she has the same level of trust in her that she does F and so doesn't see her sexual advances as anything sinister or manipulative but as an act of acceptable intimacy between two people who are close with each other. In this context, I couldn't see D doing anything with Martin, or Graham, or Ryan on her own because that level of trust and connection isn't there with them and is why she would need the approval and assurance of F before doing anything with them.
Elena isn't a special case any more than the MC in that regard. She's not an outlier, but a direct influence on D, depending on how far D has been willing to go with her. D can also choose whether to try certain experiences with the MC, as well. And various secondary characters.

Regardless of the mechanics how these choices are made, when it comes to advancing D's part of the story, her personal + sexual growth continue to advance. The only options given to the player are how kinky and multi-partner-based those growth paths might become, I assert.

For example, in the wide-open path, D quite clearly wrestled early with her own attraction to Martin in her home. But, her relationship was already bound to the MC and they had spoken of not doing anything with others without communication and agreement. In that context, she's hasn't tried cheating on the MC. But, she has been fantasizing.

And she cheated with Elena, then owned up to it. Unike the MC's paths, she isn't given the options to cheat with many secondary characters. Really, the MC in this game can be a complete, two-faced jerk if you play the game that way: D, on the other hand, continues to trust in their relationship's integrity even as she grows.

To that point, there was much discussion early on that this game should also enable D the options to do what she wanted without MC's approval, perhaps even in response to learning of his cheating ways. It would be an interesting opportunity to fall apart and later come back together again. But, there is a very loud contingent saying NO NTR and such, so not in the cards. As if the MC's cheating wasn't NTR already ...

I'm not sure I know of any moment where D has the option to try something new with another person and you aren't given that option in the game to explore that path, though - by this point, the player is able to offer D a wealth of choices within the context of sharing experiences with her MC fiance - many of which are proposed or led by the actions we see her initiate in this VN.

You are again trying to make it D's story and all about D. Any choices we have been allowed to make as others were when F was not there for story reasons. Though I understand that wish to make it D's story since she is the thing most players focus on, SHE is actually not the focus of the story, but the Father is. That has nothing to do with game mechanics, but is the base setup of the game. It is about fathers interactions with the world and how that shapes the characters in that world. The one exception to that might actually indeed be Elena, who has some shaping actions on D as well independent of the father, but they are still in his interest more or less.
I believe you continue to get hung up on game mechanics, even though you say otherwise: using the MC as the lever for moving the story to different optional paths is merely a mechanism chosen by the Dev for running this Ren'Py-platform game.

As the player, you are moving a Virtual Novel forward - inherent therein is the notion that the novel has predestined paths (in this case, MC and D as a couple) and then optional paths. Your choices as a player decide how many optional paths occur.

In that regard, MC and D are some major characters - this is not focused on the MC's story alone. They are necessarily a pair from practically the beginning and their dynamic is now to the point where D initiates actions/choices to take as much as the MC.

Do we see scenes where D makes decisions devoid of the MC? Absolutely. Does D offer new ideas that the MC hasn't considered or discussed, especially in Chapter 3 as her character becomes more independent and driven? All of the time. Do other characters have their own subplots and motivations? Since the first Chapter, but increasingly so. And so on - this isn't a story about the MC viewing the world, many tales have an initial lens through which the full storyline and all its paths are made available, but then become far greater than the focus of that lens.

Although this game offers MC and D as the primary characters, coincidentally reflecting the title's hinting at their pairing. The MC grows beyond his prior submission to his ex-wife's control of their daughter, but in this VN it is D who grows the most: the MC becomes her partner and enabler, at best. They both grow in affection to each other and the MC can also be argued as manipulating D towards his affections, but ultimately you are given different levers in which to drive the story and D is certainly the most significant member of it, with MC besides her. It doesn't matter than many choices seem made as the MC, but let's not forget that many choices in Chapter 3 are of mutual agreement - not merely the MC forcing the choice of, say, oral sex or a threesome, whether to agree with secondary character propositions, etc.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I believe you continue to get hung up on game mechanics, even though you say otherwise: using the MC as the lever for moving the story to different optional paths is merely a mechanism chosen by the Dev for running this Ren'Py-platform game.

As the player, you are moving a Virtual Novel forward - inherent therein is the notion that the novel has predestined paths (in this case, MC and D as a couple) and then optional paths. Your choices as a player decide how many optional paths occur.

In that regard, MC and D are some major characters - this is not focused on the MC's story alone. They are necessarily a pair from practically the beginning and their dynamic is now to the point where D initiates actions/choices to take as much as the MC.

Do we see scenes where D makes decisions devoid of the MC? Absolutely. Does D offer new ideas that the MC hasn't considered or discussed, especially in Chapter 3 as her character becomes more independent and driven? All of the time. Do other characters have their own subplots and motivations? Since the first Chapter, but increasingly so. And so on - this isn't a story about the MC viewing the world, many tales have an initial lens through which the full storyline and all its paths are made available, but then become far greater than the focus of that lens.

Although this game offers MC and D as the primary characters, coincidentally reflecting the title's hinting at their pairing. The MC grows beyond his prior submission to his ex-wife's control of their daughter, but in this VN it is D who grows the most: the MC becomes her partner and enabler, at best. They both grow in affection to each other and the MC can also be argued as manipulating D towards his affections, but ultimately you are given different levers in which to drive the story and D is certainly the most significant member of it, with MC besides her. It doesn't matter than many choices seem made as the MC, but let's not forget that many choices in Chapter 3 are of mutual agreement - not merely the MC forcing the choice of, say, oral sex or a threesome, whether to agree with secondary character propositions, etc.
I do not think we are ever going to agree, you want to make it a multiple protag game at best, but do have a look at my edit. :p I think we will have to agree to disagree. To me it is a game all about the father and the daughter is just there to help his story and it is not her story. Now like I said in my edit, that game with D as protagonist with all your arguments and analysis in your original post might have made an even more interesting game.

Last edited:

Trikus

May 31, 2020
DEV, no more other guys or women with out the option to say NO at any time! That includes Elena and Georgina. No man is ever truly happy with sharing his bride to be(no matter how or who), he might be seduced to do things but it never sits right and will lead to misery in the long run, it always does. By adding others you will lose players/subscribers/patreons if there is no option to refuse their involvement in the story. Don´t kill the game/story by dumb decisions please.
You missed a true opportunity for a happy ending to the chapter when saying that the MC is the biological father, otherwise a legit wedding followed by a hell of a wedding night could be done. Suggest you recall last update and do that instead.
You have the option to say no at pretty much every opportunity. And if you accidentally get on a sharing path, the dev put in a way to turn off the path. Not sure what else the dev could do to help the puritans out.

options.png

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You have the option to say no at pretty much every opportunity. And if you accidentally get on a sharing path, the dev put in a way to turn off the path. Not sure what else the dev could do to help the puritans out.

View attachment 739470
Not putting them in. :p I am not a puritan but not forcing someone not to play them is not same as avoidable especially with forums that share information and things that happen. All wishes and desires are just as valid, in the end it is the devs who decide what will be in and get the flack for it from either group of players.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I do not think we are ever going to agree, you want to make it at best a multiple protag game at best, but do have a look at my edit. :p I think we will have to agree to disagree. To me it is a game all about the father and the daughter is just there to help his story and it is not her story. Now like I said in my edit, that game with D as protagonist with all your arguments and analysis in your original post might have made an even more interesting game.
It is certainly your right to feel that this is a story primarily about the MC.

It doesn't matter that this perspective seems to go against the grain of everything written about its focus by the Dev team, because "art" is up to the viewer.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Nobody is forcing you to share D with anyone.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It is certainly your right to feel that this is a story primarily about the MC.

It doesn't matter that this perspective seems to go against the grain of everything written about its focus by the Dev team, because "art" is up to the viewer.
It does not go against all that happens in the game though before late chapter 3, where it seems dev team suddenly wishes to change focus of the game which feels very off from rest of the game and is still a stretch even with the development of D that you had in your analysis and none of the male options make any real sense. If that had always been the intention you would have expected them to have build in way better choices long before for D that would make sense for her as Daddy 2, Daddy 3 and Daddy 4. :)

Reactions: mofonistik

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Not putting them in. :p I am not a puritan but not forcing someone not to play them is not same as avoidable especially with forums that share information and things that happen. All wishes and desires are just as valid, in the end it is the devs who decide what will be in and get the flack for it from either group of players.
Everytime a sharing path potentially starts, there is a dialogue option to proceed or to avoid it. The dev put in a way for people to not see sharing content and a way for the people who do want to see sharing content. For example, in Chapter 1 Elena puts her hand on the MC's knee. The choice to reject her advance is right there. The dev will make the game they want to make, and that includes sharing. Swinging and group sex is not hidden in the game genres, so if you don't want sharing, why play a game that has sharing, then moan about little content when you don't choose sharing options?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
It does not go against all that happens in the game though before late chapter 3, where it seems dev team suddenly wishes to change focus of the game which feels very off from rest of the game and is still a stretch even with the development of D that you had in your analysis and none of the male options make any real sense. If that had always been the intention you would have expected them to have build in way better choices long before for D that would make sense for her. :)
If you considered that the game was primarily centered on D's growth, but hand-in-hand with the MC (much like Melody, btw), then it might not have looked so much like a change of focus :)

As I wrote earlier, people change as they grow and experience new things - you can't put the genie back in the bottle and often need to embrace it to better manage it in your life (or vice-versa), IMHO.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
To be honest: with few exeptions i am also a purist, but i WANT to have scenes like sharing and multipathing in there to have the feeling to decide something.
I rather have a choice and close a certain path beause i don't want it to happen (still know it COULD have happened if i would have chosen otherwise), than playing a game where the decisions are:
- fuck only D
- fuck D and no one else
- fuck D finally
- i would be mad if i fuck someone else than D
- Hell, yes, go to fuck D

-> you can only choose ONE of them, so choose wisely! (boring)

(Nevertheless NTR and bestiality would still be something i don't want to have ingame at all and could never accept to be in there)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Everytime a sharing path potentially starts, there is a dialogue option to proceed or to avoid it. The dev put in a way for people to not see sharing content and a way for the people who do want to see sharing content. For example, in Chapter 1 Elena puts her hand on the MC's knee. The choice to reject her advance is right there. The dev will make the game they want to make, and that includes sharing. Swinging and group sex is not hidden in the game genres, so if you don't want sharing, why play a game that has sharing, then moan about little content when you don't choose sharing options?
This game had no sharing from fathers perspective in chapters 1 and 2 and certainly not off D with other men. :p That is one reason why people are screaming so hard for sharing now. :p Like I said I am no puritan, I have and also sponsor games where cheating, sharing and even cuckolding happens. Just I am very aware that not having to see a scene is not same as not having to live through it anyway, especially with forums nowadays. People will come into contact with the content anyway, even if just through a happy player that saw D finally being mounted by a dog :p Games that are MC centered just do not go well with games that are NPC centered, both groups will never be really happy.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
This game had no sharing from fathers perspective in chapters 1 and 2 and certainly not off D with other men. :p That is one reason why people are screaming so hard for sharing now.
Olivia. She was attracted to him despite being in a relationship with her father. Graham allowed her to have sex with the MC in Chapter 1. Sharing with Margo was teased in Chapter 2 when talking to the lawyer. Oh, and the reason he was teaching D to be a good girlfriend in Chapter 1 and 2 was for her to be a good girlfriend to her boyfriend, Frank.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Olivia. She was attracted to him despite being in a relationship with her father. Graham allowed her to have sex with the MC in Chapter 1. Sharing with Margo was teased in Chapter 2 when talking to the lawyer.
Yes and where was there any sharing of D with another man intended by F? Hell he could not even have shared her there if he would have wanted to. :p F was just building up his own potential harem in that part of the game. Not creating a harem for D.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Yes and where was there any sharing of D with another man intended by F? Hell he could not even have shared her there if he would have wanted to. :p
Technically, F allowed the beach binocular guy to spy on D at the beach ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Each person has they own way of wanting to play the game. You all are really going deep here. Though I am not really into sharing her with other men thats the way I feel I want to play. Personally I am more of a harem/love enthusiast. It is not part of the game but I can deal with it without complaint. If a person wants to go down the sharing with other men that is fine the option is there for them and I like that Mrdots is making the game in a way that allows each person to play it the way they wish to play it. I would not mind if D was to spend some alone time with other girls as then it would allow F the same privilege. i do hope down the road options such as a possible harem or mini 3 or 4 person one should happen. I say this only because Mrdots has added so many optional paths for each type of player. As for a happy ending as in other games it has been brought up they could move once more maybe even taking olivia and grant along to a place or country that allows them to be married. Or as in sisterly lust the F can marry them all if that was the case.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes