RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
They have the whole of Chapter 4 to do it.
They have to please the sharing crowed or they'll cry even more.
DMD was designed as VN were D becomes slowly corrupted as evidenced by the corruption petals around D's portrait. It's not that the game is being bent toward sharing it's more that the game was pulled away from the sharing premise.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
My speculation back in December:

Corruption Level 14 unlocked, four to go. New stuff is "MMF - sometimes". So I assume it will be:

15 MMF - always
16 lesbian scenes
17 Lisa in MF scenes without her father - sometimes and finally
18 - Lisa in MF scenes without her father - always.
The team's writer have said will not do anything without F. However I think that may be more for D+other guys. I would like to see D become more open to other girls, particularly since she went down on Jennifer.

Reactions: Looper9

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What's going to happen??
D has four more corruption level to achieve. What are going to be the achievements of the levels. Here are my guess.

# D can Now have MMF Occasionally. It will turn to Always.
# Swinging Partner. May be with Graham.
# More BDSM stuff.
# Public Sex.
# Sex with a Complete Stranger.
# Double Dicked ;)
# An Orgy (unlikely)
# Bestiary (optional)
# Pregnancy (optional)

They will not occur in this order. What are your guess.
Usually "Occasionally" turns to "always". I can see a D+F+Graham coming up.
I'm still holding out for D stripping at a club for amateur night.

Reactions: Goga011 and Looper9

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
As I was Informed that the next chapter will focus on the F & D relation. So whats going to be the achievements of the next corruption levels. Four more levels to go. Anyone has any information.
Yeah it looks like the final chapter is going to be a trip down vanilla lane. Such a shame, so much build up for nothing. It would be as if in the movie Titanic the ship bumps into the iceberg but then just sails on past and everyone plays shuffleboard on the sunset deck for the rest of the voyage.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well, he's gonna be the MC regardless of who gets to marry his daughter in the end. After all, the game is called "Dating my Daughter", doesn't specify who needs to date his daughter :p
There is a level of ambiguity to the title for the uninitiated, but the game makes it pretty clear from the outset that the one and only person who'll be dating the daughter is the MC.

The thing is, there's "corruption" tag. What's the point of it if you can't go deep into the abyss (assuming the player wants to or makes poor choices) and the only possible outcome is a lovey-dovey vanilla happy ending? A couple of threesomes with D hardly count for corruption.

MC gets to be a manwhore with all kinds of hot chicks without her knowing, but he never gets into trouble for it, he only wins extra sex. And god forbid that MC allows D to have some autonomy and date other guys on her own, too or have a proper open relationship based on honesty. There's even a game over scene if you don't take self-defence classes which was a massive cop-out and middle finger to player choice. Why not give the player more agency to choose the outcome for MC and D's relationship? Let MC get busted during cheating if he gets too careless, with some serious consequences that make the game more interesting and less predictable. If the game presents itself to be a romance novel, then there have to be ups and downs, various challenges for the player to overcome to make it interesting, and natural character development. As it is, it doesn't have any where player's involvement is required, because apparently many supporters are too afraid to have any freedom or responsibility to shape the story they want to see. If the player's involvement is not important, then it's not a game, it's a kinetic novel.
D went from naive virgin to an incestuous relationship with her own Dad, getting engaged to him, potentially pregnant with his child, having lesbian experiences, FFM threesomes, MMF threesomes, and sharing foursomes. How does that not qualify as "corruption"? :WaitWhat:

Of course the MC gets to be a manwhore with no consequence, that's what adult games are generally all about; wish fulfillment. Being able to fuck loads of girls at once without paying a price for it, or having the girls be OK with it and get involved in a sharing/harem relationship, is the archetypal male fantasy. Can't really blame MrD for leaning in to that, especially when the popularity of the game speaks for itself.

As for D, she's a loyal girl who loves her Daddy more than anything else. She therefore has no interest in other guys or even girls as solo pursuits for herself, so even if her Daddy did say he was OK with her to go out and be with someone without him, she clearly doesn't want that. She wants to share these experiences with him because his pleasure is her pleasure. Therefore the level of player involvement is just about who you want them to share experiences with, if at all.

Few games give you the level of freedom you seem to want this to have. They're all basically kinetic novels because to put in that level of choice and diverging paths would mean that games would have to have many more renders produced for them to accommodate all those different paths, and that's just too much work for pretty much every dev. Therefore it's far easier and more economical to just have the story follow a relatively linear, kinetic track, but just let you choose how certain relationships are within the game, and that's what this one does.

Yeah it looks like the final chapter is going to be a trip down vanilla lane. Such a shame, so much build up for nothing. It would be as if in the movie Titanic the ship bumps into the iceberg but then just sails on past and everyone plays shuffleboard on the sunset deck for the rest of the voyage.
Been out of the loop for a while, but let me guess; no more MMF sharing but the FFM will remain? Because that tends to be what people mean by "vanilla" in this thread.

Reactions: RustyV

Juicer69

Aug 31, 2017
Bring back Athena and let her join in with D+F.
Have Ryan come back for a shoot with D and let them succumb to their urges, or not.
Koko concert should happen. Or it was a waste of story.
Graham and F play Daughterswap.
D gets model competition redemption.
Margo needs a proper send off.

Just a few things I'd like to see

Reactions: Looper9

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
don't expect much in ch4. it will be a boring vanilla experience to satisfy all vanilla dudes that want a harem-ending.
in ch3 there was a lot of arguing to implement mmf, and if ch4 will be the same, it will be again, arguing at the end of the chapter to implement some sharing scenes, it will be similar, a rushed and out of place scenes. for me, that extras did very little. better to just skip that and make it vanilla only.

Reactions: Goga011

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
don't expect much in ch4. it will be a boring vanilla experience to satisfy all vanilla dudes that want a harem-ending.
in ch3 there was a lot of arguing to implement mmf, and if ch4 will be the same, it will be again, arguing at the end of the chapter to implement some sharing scenes, it will be similar, a rushed and out of place scenes. for me, that extras did very little. better to just skip that and make it vanilla only.
If the harem ending and FFM stuff is still on, that's alright with me. :cool:

Also, what is people's obsession with considering that "vanilla" but thinking MMF is somehow kinkier? That's super vanilla too, you know, unless the MC gets spitroasted by the other guy and D with a strap-on. :oops:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
By vanilla I mean D doesn't get any corrupter and is always in F's control. D never gets to have sex with a partner on her own or tries anything new.
But yeah only having a constant repetition of D+F with a few D+F+other girl tossed in events is vanilla.
Actually DMD may become not just vanilla but vanilla ice cream that has thawed and been refrozen, it's there but nobody wants it.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Very constructive. Welp, have fun in your circlejerk. If I was a supporter, I'd be disappointed to be robbed of all the promised things, but you do you.
It's not my fault that your write paragraph after paragraph about things that will never happen. Stop being salty.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Of course the MC gets to be a manwhore with no consequence, that's what adult games are generally all about; wish fulfillment. Being able to fuck loads of girls at once without paying a price for it, or having the girls be OK with it and get involved in a sharing/harem relationship, is the archetypal male fantasy. Can't really blame MrD for leaning in to that, especially when the popularity of the game speaks for itself.
Unfortunately, I agree. But that makes it all the more boring, that very few VNs treat women with respect, and give them actual character. Wish fulfillment is nice and all, but it's much more satisfying if you have to struggle to get what you want, manipulate the situations around you to get the desired outcome. That's why I liked Chapter 1, and particularly the couples contest event, where you have to meet certain requirements to win all the prizes. After Ch. 1, the game became very linear. If everything gets handed to you on a silver plate, and you just click a couple of times (or reload a couple of times after getting game over screens), then I don't see how it should satisfy a player. It's like playing chess against an opponent who's trying to lose on purpose. It doesn't feel deserved. Like, take the modeling competition for example. MrDots said that Love Points will play a major role in it, and that you could perhaps even lose D forever if you have a low score. In the end, the entire modeling competition was a major waste of time, and you auto-lose no matter what you do. How is that good?

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
When DMD is done maybe doing a rewrite directors cut would be good.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
It's not my fault that your write paragraph after paragraph about things that will never happen. Stop being salty.
That's called being passionate about the game. And this is a discussion forum, we can discuss anything, even its flaws. I'm salty because it had a lot of potential, which was drained down the toilet. If you don't have anything to contribute, then don't respond, it's simple.

Yay, more milking fans for another 5 years :LOL:

Reactions: Bloodguard

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
By vanilla I mean D doesn't get any corrupter and is always in F's control. D never gets to have sex with a partner on her own or tries anything new.
But yeah only having a constant repetition of D+F with a few D+F+other girl tossed in events is vanilla.
D isn't under F's control, she just only has eyes for him. She's totally in love with him and doesn't want anyone else. He doesn't control what she does, just encourages her like both a parent and partner would. He could encourage her to be with others without him, but even if he did, she likely wouldn't want to because she wants him to be involved too and that is her making her own choice.

And, again, D+F+other guy is also vanilla.

It'll be longer than the Snyder Cut and a lot better than it. ;)

Zach Snyder's Dating My Daughter. :cool:
If you really want to ruin it, sure.

On a serious not they at least confirmed that they will overhaul the old chapters.
I'm still holding out hope that they'll work in a way to not separate the Jennifer and Georgina paths. I want that D+E+J+G harem, dammit!

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
D isn't under F's control, she just only has eyes for him. She's totally in love with him and doesn't want anyone else. He doesn't control what she does, just encourages her like both a parent and partner would. He could encourage her to be with others without him, but even if he did, she likely wouldn't want to because she wants him to be involved too and that is her making her own choice.

If you really want to ruin it, sure.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll work in a way to not separate the Jennifer and Georgina paths. I want that D+E+J+G harem, dammit!
Is the Snyder cut really that bad? I haven't seen it. That was just a joke.

The rest I agree on. Even though personally I would prefer the D+F+G route.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Is the Snyder cut really that bad? I haven't seen it. That was just a joke.

The rest I agree on. Even though personally I would prefer the D+F+G route.
A 4 hour ego trip with an excessive amount of slow-mo, poorly developed characters, terrible story, terrible music, and just generally very superficial with too much focus on the visuals and the action.

There are adult games on here with more character and story depth than in that film.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And, again, D+F+other guy is also vanilla.
The way this VN plot has developed D+other guy without F would not be Vanilla. LOL
I would like to see D+Georgina+other girl without F. Let D and Georgina have their own event. Not behind F's back but without him present. Maybe the girls go to a "girl only" bar and each hook up.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes