Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
What happened to the "BACK" button in the game? Seems like the developer removed it from Chapter 4 on. Beggars can't be choosers, but I find that pretty disappointing. And, no, I can't use a mouse to scroll back, since I'm on my laptop, using the touchpad, only. Wish there was a mod out there with which you can put it back into the Ren'Py game, yourself.
This might be a stupid suggestion but... buy a mouse?
You don't need an 80 bucks gaming mouse.
One that costs 10 bucks is ok too.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
If I download can I skip to the current chaprt or do I have to start from the beginning?
You can download whichever chapter you want.
I would still recommend you start with CH1 - CH3 if you haven't played them before.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
This might be a stupid suggestion but... buy a mouse?
You don't need an 80 bucks gaming mouse.
One that costs 10 bucks is ok too.
10 bucks for a mouse! It's more than 700 roubles. I can buy 2 mouses for that money (of course, simple, not gaming). Or one, but with a brandname, like HP or Dell.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
10 bucks for a mouse! It's more than 700 roubles. I can buy 2 mouses for that money (of course, simple, not gaming). Or one, but with a brandname, like HP or Dell.
I don't want to get too off-topic but I think that 10€ for a simple laptop mouse is ok.
I have two for gaming both cost me between 70€ and 80€.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
I don't want to get too off-topic but I think that 10€ for a simple laptop mouse is ok.
I have two for gaming both cost me between 70€ and 80€.
Don't worry, if moderators consider our messages offtopic, they certainly will delete our messages.
If I recount 10 euros in roubles I can buy 3 simple laptop mouses. Of course, it would be some Chinese noname but who cares, it's just mouse. One such mouse I used for 3 years at my PC. Then there was some troubles with left button and I replace that mouse with a simple HP one. 6 years later I still use it.

Reactions: Uthuriel

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
There are two blood tests: the qualitative test (is hCG in the system), and this is similar to the home urine test - and has a similar reliability; and the quantitative which measures amount of hCG in the system and is thus more accurate.

My understanding is many doctors use a urine test along with a sonogram since those can be done in house for immediate results. No need to send a blood sample to a lab.

An abdominal ultrasound can usually detect a baby's heartbeat if you are at least 8 weeks into your pregnancy. If your pregnancy has a gestational age of less than 8 weeks (between 6 and 8 weeks), a transvaginal ultrasound (inserting the ultrasound probe into your vagina) is usually needed for accurate results.

So: Dee gets pregnant at the height of her ovulation - then 7 days later her period would not start. 14 days later when her period would be ending she would be wondering what happened.

Then: She takes a home pregnancy test. Even assuming if she took this early, if she is running higher in hCG, she’ll get a positive home test sooner that would be expected.

Doctor: Then she goes to the doctor who also does a urine test (or even a qualitative blood test), which comes back negative due to the hCG high amounts which overwhelm the testing antibodies. So she gets a negative result.

Ultrasound: Meanwhile, the ultrasound finds nothing because Dee cam in so early that neither the abdominal nor a transvaginal ultrasound are effective.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
It happens I took my time studying the topic recently. So basically you're saying that doctor, professional gynecologist, do not take blood sample for HCG but use something less reliable? Blood test give us result in numbers, there's meaning to that numbers (for example, less than 5 - definitely not pregnant) and that is the first thing every gynecologist in Russia will advise the patient to do if patient says that she's late but test comes without second string. Or quite the opposite, two strings with normal monthlies. And, of course, if victim of the test is still not convinced (there can be still pregnancy or extrauterine pregnancy, which can give strange result for HCG) there's always sonogram of uterus (but if she wants to do it for free there's a queue 2 months long for this). I don't know what gynecologysts do in your country but I suppose it's not something different. And that was the reason for my question, test can be wrong but medical procedures gives you precise result. And yeah, irregular birth control pills (why is she not using Novaring?) with serious stress (modeling contest, for example) can cause amenorrhea, and in that state pregnancy is impossible.
She is taking the progestin-only pill instead of precisely because those are less forgiving than the combined birth control pill. We didn’t consider the NuvaRing.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Ah yes, I thought that already, Now I know more about pregnancy tests that I ever thought necessary and decided that the lecture on kitchen knives was more interesting. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Darkaura
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes