Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
I said that's naive not you're naive.

I highly doubt anybody is foolish enough to think that and believe it.

You are right, it wouldn't be a scam and I never once said it was. I only pointed out that if it crossed a mind that the thing that is popular and people enjoy were cancelled that those people wouldn't complain is a naive way to look at it. I didn't quote you and call you naive because I haven't seen you say that.

He brought up said point and I replied. Maybe I shouldn't have but it's there now.

No contracts have been signed, there has been no bait and switch and nobody has been given a legally binding document promising them a feature complete project. Cancelled or not, there is no scam.

Some people treat Patreon like Kickstarter and seem to think parting with money entitles them to something despite Patreon being a supportive model and not a buying one.

I think that's enough rambling for now. Apologise for the rant.
Hey, I'm sorry if you thought I was accusing you of somthing. I was answering to your post, but I was actually speaking in general - just something I wanted to clarify to everybody. Had no intention to single you out. Peace!

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Girls only schools still have sexual education, there is still the internet and most people at that age talk to their friends so none of that explains why she's as clueless as she is and Elena is far more ... liberated, to pick a word.

Now, if she'd been brought up on a mountain in Tibet alone with absolutely no internet access and no other people around i'd accept it.

As it stands it makes no sense. I'm not arguing for the sake of being contrary i'm arguing because the main theme of the game is it's biggest plot hole.

20+ years ago it would have made a lot more sense with internet not being as widespread as it is now but with sex being absolutely everywhere from TV to movies to books it's impossible for her to know nothing.

Those 1% of females that know absolutely nothing are those brought up with home schooling in religious families or cults that aren't allowed to speak to anyone. That isn't the D in this case. Having a bitch for a mother does not a clueless virgin make.

You're getting defensive for all the wrong reasons. I'm not saying it's shit not in the slightest. Point of fact I have said a few times it's a great project but it does have it's silly parts. I'm not here to convince anyone to change anything, it doesn't need changing nor am I trying to slam something you enjoy. I'm pointing out something that makes no sense to me on a discussion board for said something.

As I said, it's a fantasy scenario and was brought up to highlight why i'd go for Georgina or Elena over the daughter if it was a COYA style thingy. Opinions, peoples are different, whodathunk.

I said that's naive not you're naive.

I highly doubt anybody is foolish enough to think that and believe it.

You are right, it wouldn't be a scam and I never once said it was. I only pointed out that if it crossed a mind that the thing that is popular and people enjoy were cancelled that those people wouldn't complain is a naive way to look at it. I didn't quote you and call you naive because I haven't seen you say that.

He brought up said point and I replied. Maybe I shouldn't have but it's there now.

No contracts have been signed, there has been no bait and switch and nobody has been given a legally binding document promising them a feature complete project. Cancelled or not, there is no scam.

Some people treat Patreon like Kickstarter and seem to think parting with money entitles them to something despite Patreon being a supportive model and not a buying one.

I think that's enough rambling for now. Apologise for the rant.
You can rationalize all you want around D and how she came to be like she is.

The fact remains that such girls do exist in the world.
Clueless, naive and cut off from any sexual experience.

Finding one is like winning a lottery.
Rare true, but hey, it happens at least once a week.

Just because you have never met such a girl and because you have never won a lottery, does not mean that there isn't one lucky bastard out there who has.

Accept D and how she is, and move on.
Or simply do not play the game.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
It's indeed laughably naive, and in fact, nobody in devs team think something like that. Apparently @virtuvoid just likes to sow discord, so if I were in you I would stick to that old internet adage - don't feed the trolls.

It's obvious that abandoning DMD would result in a complete disaster both on a reputational and an economic level, and the devs have EVERY intention of completing it (even though at a certain point I might be forced to reduce my personal contribution to the project because of university duties, when I'll finally start writing my PhD thesis - but I am just a freelance writer hired by mrdots). It would be a big, big failure if DMD got cancelled, and believe me, everybody involved in its development would suffer a great deal.

What I argued on this board a while ago was simply that, even in the DISATROUS event that, for whatever unpredictable reason, DMD had to be abandoned, the whole enterprise would still not be a scam. Sure, the backers would have any right to feel disappointed, but in the end on patreon you support creators you believe into, you don't buy products. Pledging for a month doesn't give you the right to a finished game, just the right to expect the creator's unidivided commitment to a project. As long as he/she gives his/her best to realize such project (and I think it's clear that MrDots is doing exactly that, never missing a deadline and releasing a lot of content each month), it can't be a scam in my opinion. It would be a scam if he was a lazy dude living off patrons' pledges. But if at a certain point he simply won't have anymore the energy, or the creativity, to complete the game (and I want to be clear: I am pretty sure it won't happen, he is really professional, way more than me XD - I am just making a more general point here), well, he will be really sorry, I will be really sorry, backers will be really sorry, the whole studio would probably collaps, but it still won't be a scam. That's my opinion at least, the same I have expressed on other forums when people talk about sueing George Martin because he might not complete A Game of Thrones, or when they throw shit at Yoshihiro Togashi for getting Hunter x Hunter on hiatus. By starting a creative work you don't (you can't) sign a contract where you ASSURE you'll be able to complete it. If you fail to do so even after having honesly tried, you might be labeled an incompetent, but definetely not a swindler.

Finally, I want to be clear on the fact that I am NOT the spokesperson of the devs-team - I already said this in the past, but @virtuvoid doesn't seem to get it. As I wrote above, I am not part of a "MrDots Games" studio; I am here as a private adult games fan (mods upgraded my accont with a "game developer" label, and that's perfectly ok with me since I am one - but I didn't ask for it), and as a matter of fact I don't think that other members of the team like pirate sites (with understandable reasons I'd say), and would not understand why I "waste" my time on this board. But I have my own ideological allegiances, don't believe in copyright, make a point of honor in being as "ecumenical" as possible, and appreciate support however it's expressed. But that's just me. Don't project my ideas on MrDots or on other devs. You would be gravely misguided.
My problem with any board is when the vitriol gets thrown around. It becomes counterproductive, along with posts on when is the game out. I would assume the best value of a board like this is to discuss things like art, themes, character development, economics of making the game, fan support (or non support) - but once the board becomes a sounding point to express one's views to the point it resembles a rock throwing match, the board loses its value.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, if a board is going to have the benefit of having someone from the design team add board content, it would make sense to keep that person involved and not try to trap that person into assumptions of how they believe that project is being run.

As a private attorney with a heavy trial practice, jumping to conclusions about some person or some endeavor always runs the risk of being wrong. This project has several persons in development, and I've only texted three of them. Even I can't suppose what is driving them, beyond trying to put out as god a product as they can while listening to patron suggestions.

Robjoy points out that MrDots started this project alone on a more limited budget which might explain why his renders are closer to the original DAZ model art. I find that logically closer to what I perceive to be the truth than a statement that MrDots is lazy. Since MrDots consistently puts out a product each month of multiple renders tied into a constantly growing story with expanding threads worked on by multiple artists, I don't find convincing evidence that he is lazy.

Some surmise that the art itself would take only about a week to create for each release, and I don't know the answer to that. My efforts with DAZ are infantile at best. But I do know that coordinating a team, and keeping track of the game threads, each has issues that can quickly engulph your entire month.

As for things like internal game realism, such as is Daughter realistic in her innocence, I have known girls like her. Granted I grew up before the Internet, so those girls did not have internet access to help inform them. Perhaps this issue at hand isn't whether or not there are girls so innocent, but rather how can DMD do a better job at explaining her innocence. Now that Rachel is here, perhaps some dialogue on how she stunted Daughter's development is in the cards.

My point is, can we stop bouncing cannon balls off each other like the Monitor and the Merrimack, and use this board for a dialogue?

Jul 14, 2017
Hello friends, don't suppose there are any other download links apart from Mega floating around?

Mega is asking me for money to continue my download now. Sad times for the poor man...

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
So is anyone else kinda pissed off the mother showed up...... I mean legit I am seething I don't think she should have EVER been seen save for the phone calls...

Also this is turning out to be annoying and I feel as if the game should just be dating/fucking my secretary cause at this point and time Georgina is the best char

The D is slowly starting to get on my nerves

Elena is a cunt and try hard

Jennifer you barely know

Now we have to mother who already comes across as a bitch and is obvious why the MC peaced the fuck out on her.
Jesus, man, Thanks for the spoiler. There are tags, you know.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
You can rationalize all you want around D and how she came to be like she is.

The fact remains that such girls do exist in the world.
Clueless, naive and cut off from any sexual experience.

Finding one is like winning a lottery.
Rare true, but hey, it happens at least once a week.

Just because you have never met such a girl and because you have never won a lottery, does not mean that there isn't one lucky bastard out there who has.

Accept D and how she is, and move on.
Or simply do not play the game.
Not only have you entirely missed my point but you completely ignored everything i've said. I'm not the one trying to rationalise her behaviour, you are. I'm questioning it, 2 entirely different things.

I'm going to say it one last time, i'm not a fan of the daughters character, I don't like innocent and naive. I prefer women that know what they want which is why i'm with my wife and not some clueless numpty that barely knows what a cock is.

I've said that multiple times. I've also said I prefer Georgina. What is a lucky lottery win for you is a nightmare for someone with a high sex drive. I don't have the patience to be a teacher, I like sex too much.

I've also said multiple times that I enjoy the game, it's one aspect i've found to be a plot hole is all. Again, opinions, everyone has a different one.

I think that's all that needs saying on this.

maxblue

May 26, 2017
I think all the fussing about the believability of D's innocence and ignorance is interesting. The point's been made that this is a fantasy game - but it needs to be emphasized that it's our fantasies (I least I hope it is!) that are being stoked. When someone finds D unbelievable it makes his fantasy harder to sustain and he complains. I get it. The willingness to suspend disbelief isn't infinite for anyone. But it's easier for some than for others, just like some prefer Elena to Georgina or pick outfit 3 over outfit 1. So it becomes a little like complaining about the slowness of the sexual progression - if it's not to your liking, say oh, well and move on. As long as it's not costing you money, what's the problem? Either that, or prop up your fantasy. But trying to make sense of it or create a more believable back story? Madness.

Reactions: Aitan_3

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I think all the fussing about the believability of D's innocence and ignorance is interesting. The point's been made that this is a fantasy game - but it needs to be emphasized that it's our fantasies (I least I hope it is!) that are being stoked. When someone finds D unbelievable it makes his fantasy harder to sustain and he complains. I get it. The willingness to suspend disbelief isn't infinite for anyone. But it's easier for some than for others, just like some prefer Elena to Georgina or pick outfit 3 over outfit 1. So it becomes a little like complaining about the slowness of the sexual progression - if it's not to your liking, say oh, well and move on. As long as it's not costing you money, what's the problem? Either that, or prop up your fantasy. But trying to make sense of it or create a more believable back story? Madness.
The "debate" started when a couple of us were talking about personal preference. I've said for a while now I prefer Georgina and Elena but I keep playing because I like the plot, want to see how it ends and I do like most of the characters.

Me not liking the daughter on a sexual level does not remove my enjoyment of the rest of the game. In short, i'm here for plot not pussy.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me except when that argument goes on far too long and the person arguing with me completely ignores anything I say. Then it just gets irritating. I haven't complained, not once. I've stated my opinion on something and had someone try and argue over something that didn't require an argument. Nothing has changed for it, it settled nothing and my opinion is still the same as it was.

There is a story being played out and everyone has their own favourites. The majority are here for the daughter while I happen to like a couple of the others.

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
Just for future reference for v0.13.
Can someone please tell me when (like what day, and where) you accept or reject Richard and Georgina photoshoot offers.
I'm keeping one save for only daughter path

mastercuck

Aug 12, 2016
Daughter is just frustratingly stupid and oblivious, which is a staple in TV shows, reality shows and movies by now, nothing new but doesn't make it any less cringy.

FeralChild

Aug 13, 2017
Daughter is just frustratingly stupid and oblivious, which is a staple in TV shows, reality shows and movies by now, nothing new but doesn't make it any less cringy.
At this point, I don't like D much either.
I want more Elena at this point.
I would love if they made a spin off where Elena goes back home and "rekindles" her relationship with her father. Would be a bonus if there were no other side distractions(other girls or guys) to get in the way.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Not only have you entirely missed my point but you completely ignored everything i've said. I'm not the one trying to rationalise her behaviour, you are. I'm questioning it, 2 entirely different things.

I'm going to say it one last time, i'm not a fan of the daughters character, I don't like innocent and naive. I prefer women that know what they want which is why i'm with my wife and not some clueless numpty that barely knows what a cock is.

I've said that multiple times. I've also said I prefer Georgina. What is a lucky lottery win for you is a nightmare for someone with a high sex drive. I don't have the patience to be a teacher, I like sex too much.

I've also said multiple times that I enjoy the game, it's one aspect i've found to be a plot hole is all. Again, opinions, everyone has a different one.

I think that's all that needs saying on this.
Georgina is for you then.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
The MC is also frustratingly stupid and oblivious(so much so that the F/D "secret" is being discovered by an ever growing list of other characters). If D was more aware/experienced, she would never let this mug (MC) have his way with her.
Not even if he was charming, sexy, well built, with a large dick,... envy of all around?

Reactions: Dolphin3000
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes