gabich69

Dec 23, 2019
near end of november and they had xmas vacation so no devving much until middish january.
ok thanks ! i noticed that sunshine love has been updated like 2 weeks ago do you ( or someone else) knows then this one will be updated too? i dont find any informatios in their website and sadly i'm not a patron

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
As a complete newbie to VNs, would anybody let me know if this game would be recommended for a FIRST ever VN?
I agree with several others: play Melody before this one, and in fact it's a good first game before exploring other styles. It's finished, which is important (and not as common as it should be), and it's very professionally done. It's a good introduction to how one sub-genre of these games (multi-NPC semi-exclusive branching) works. It doesn't have any controversial edge fetishes. The writing's a bit simple and the characters don't have a ton of complexity, but that's not bad for a first game. It's also not so long that you'll lose interest; the pace of progression is entirely reasonable.

I'd recommend playing it without a walkthrough or mod the very first time (save often!), because you'll likely attempt something that you shouldn't. Then pick up one or both of those accompaniments and play it again — still saving often — to see how both the minor and major branches function. Play all the major branches that interest you. That should give you a good toolset for playing more complex and difficult games, whether that's with a walkthrough/mod or not.

After that, maybe give Treasure of Nadia a shot. It's long and it can be a grindy "walking simulator," which is another popular but somewhat controversial style of game, but it's also 1) finished and 2) extremely polished. There's a mod that can lend it one of the more popular fetishes, if you wish.

Or Love of Magic. Also finished (the first book, anyway), an entirely different approach to the field (gameplay- and story-heavy non-branching). Because it's finished-in-part, it'll give you a good feel for what it's like to play something that's satisfying on its own yet has more to come.

After that, decide if you want to pursue something genre-specific, different, or edgier and people can probably give you good recommendations based on whatever it is you're looking for: incest, sci-fi, BDSM, harem, sandbox, sharing, NTR, poker/Arthurian, hand-drawn...whatever it is.

I also agree that starting with something brilliant, like Depraved Awakening, will only lead to future disappointment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andurin

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Newsmail from MrDots:

Good morning/after/evening to all of our supporters!

It’s been quite a while since we posted up our last update for DMD (much the same as with Sunshine Love), but version 34 is already being produced and will bring us closer to the story conclusion of you and your gorgeous daughter.

A common question that we still get asked is how many more updates/episodes of DMD will we be releasing?

As it stands, we’re looking at two or three more (of the story side) to complete it, with another one or two updates required to fix up all four chapters, add in sound effects and music to those early releases, and also add in some extra scenes (alternate and deleted scenes for a special gallery), some bonus images and a hell of a lot more!

Completing DMD has taken a lot longer than we originally planned (most of you already know why), but we have every intention of not only finishing it on a good note but also giving you plenty of reasons to come back and play each chapter again and again, well after the final update has been released.

We don't have a specific release date yet, but it will surely be sometime next month. So stay tuned for more news

As always, we will have another new preview pic posted up next weekend.

Have a great day everyone, and thank you very much for your ongoing support!

MrDots

1646581349855.png

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Happy that they will add many "alternate" scenes in the future, less happy about the preview. I was not a fan of the shower scenes (too many of those and D doesn't look as good with wet hair) so now they will add bath scenes instead. What a big change :D

Reactions: kokon1969

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Happy that they will add many "alternate" scenes in the future, less happy about the preview. I was not a fan of the shower scenes (too many of those and D doesn't look as good with wet hair) so now they will add bath scenes instead. What a big change :D
Dots really knows how to show us new and exciting things! :D

Reactions: Kryptozoid

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
someone asked on discord the notes said end of march but not sure of exact date
probably the last weekend.
i changed the ETA - it has been a bit outdated.
The bugfixes for SL which were essential took away some time. So i guess like announced within the newsletter, DMD might be out somewhen next month (personal guess: around mid of April).
I will change info-faq post on discord as soon as i got a confirmed release date.

Reactions: 19Castiel23

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Per F95, which is where we are so their system of tags has meaning:

View attachment 1683159

Greatly depends on how people define "having sex" because some think 2 chicks 69 each other is "sex" and some think it is "not sex"

So it is another of the definitions that people will argue over. Also the Significant other does not specify MC or Protagonist so in DMD the Father (Us) putting our dick into all those other women prior to Dee knowing is "cheating"

See how wonderfully clear(NOT) that is

PEACE
By that definition, a threesome with the MC is cheating.

Like others have mentioned, is it cheating if the F/D relationship hasn't formed yet?

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
By that definition, a threesome with the MC is cheating.

Like others have mentioned, is it cheating if the F/D relationship hasn't formed yet?
it can't be cheating - by none definition, as cheating always means "behind the other's back".
So a threesome with MC and 2 LIs can never be cheating as it's obvious. It could MIGHT be called as cuckolding, but never cheating though

Reactions: aefro

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
it can't be cheating - by none definition, as cheating always means "behind the other's back".
So a threesome with MC and 2 LIs can never be cheating as it's obvious. It could MIGHT be called as cuckolding, but never cheating though
Hey, once DMD is over there will be a big drop off in subs. I know you guy's know it as well. What are your plan to stop this from happening? I understand Mr dots want to focus on sunshine love but there's a crowd out there, maybe not majority but sizable, that want more hardcore fetishes. Do you have any clue what the 4th game is going to be about?

I would suggest that for Mr. Dot's 4th game the protagonist is a female. (Or at minimum dual protagonist where theres a balance between both male and female main characters) That way everyone is able to get what they want and we can avoid the shit show we've seen in the past 1000 posts on here.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Hey, once DMD is over there will be a big drop off in subs. I know you guy's know it as well. What are your plan to stop this from happening? I understand Mr dots want to focus on sunshine love but there's a crowd out there, maybe not majority but sizable, that want more hardcore fetishes. Do you have any clue what the 4th game is going to be about?

I would suggest that for Mr. Dot's 4th game the protagonist is a female. (Or at minimum dual protagonist where theres a balance between both male and female main characters) That way everyone is able to get what they want and we can avoid the shit show we've seen in the past 1000 posts on here.
VNs/games with female protagonists draw a fraction of the followers of those with male protagonists. I'm just making an observation not a judgement on tastes. So if the goal is to generate revenue, a female main character is probably not an ideal choice.

Last edited:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
My guess is that they will worry about the content of the fourth game when DMD is done and dusted and SL much further in than now.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
VNs/games with female protagonists draw a fraction of the followers of those with male protagonists. I'm just making an observation not a judgement on tastes. So if the goal is to generate revenue, a female main character is probably not an ideal choice.
I agree with you. It make sense too because male protagonist would be a lot more flexible and easier to do content wise but the goal is not to generate additional revenue but to retain a minority but sizable base that will leave once DMD is over. They have around 6.5-7k split evenly between patreon (SL) and subscribe star (DMD). I'm guessing 1.5-2k drop minimum should be expected.

My guess is that they will worry about the content of the fourth game when DMD is done and dusted and SL much further in than now.

They have said that is their plan. My point though, is that they should worry about the 4th game sooner and release it concurrently with their 3rd game (SL) before they lose huge amount of subs. Right now they're staving off the inevitable decline in subs by milking DMD dry.

1646757517078.png

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes