Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Tastes vary. I like SL quite a lot. Of course for the most part I like DMD as well, and I really liked Melody. I get that you're disappointed in the turns the story took in chapters 3 and 4, but consider that Mr. Dots and crew will have have actually delivered completed games.

Rather than deciding in advance, your best interests might be served by at least trying whatever VN they come up with.

For the record your assessment that the direction of the game was driven by loud cries on discord is provably false. Go back and read through the comments on this thread starting from its beginning and going forward about 12-18 months.
You are right.
Also worth to mention that DMD is their first game and started 5 years ago. They learned a lot during the very first time and of course some initial first thoughts were subject to change.
They never listened to those who "cried loudest" - as we know that only complainers gonna cry out loud, and a few handfull complainers who still think MrDots depends only on them are nothing against approx 5k supporters overall.
Of course those who overdid raging on discord and were banned (like slackster) still try to incite over here.
Just look at all those who "loudly announce" that they are done with that game for ever - but returning back to complain right in time whenever a new update is out.
We just learned to ignore those. There has been a time where i tried to tell over and over again what is decided and what will happen, and all we got is ".. but there has been a tag 5 years ago...." - we: "yes, but things have changed" - they "... again, there has been a tag 5 years ago ....".
I just wonder what would happen if they would only get games with standard from 5 years ago though.

Last edited:

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
A current Harvard Law School professor uses the term “an alpha guy” - hmmm. Btw, Ted Lasso is the bomb.

KREEEEP

Dec 29, 2019
is there a written walkthrough of chapter 3? I feel like I'm missing a lot even though I'm using the walkthrough mod

InjuMarina

Oct 12, 2018
So... I've binged this game for 2 weeks and now I'm caught up. Feels like when I caught up to OnePiece, and now the wait is like, uugh...

Good work though. I enjoyed it, very much.

Reactions: Juby89

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
so, this game is not done yet right? those chapter 1~4 are they can be combined into 1?
really? ....

If you want 15-16 GB put together in ONE chapter -> good luck downloading it.
There's a reason why we made it cut into 4 chapters.

(EDIT: see some threads below -> it's also better for refactoring the code. You don't need to go through 100.000+ lines of code again just because you changed something in your variable-using etc. The change of coding and the way you code, same as the actual version of RenPy being incompatible to older versions during the past 5 years, are also a huge reason for splitting into different chapters)

Last edited:

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
really? ....

If you want 15-16 GB put together in ONE chapter -> good luck downloading it.
There's a reason why we made it cut into 4 chapters.
I'm one of the people that doesn't care about the size of a download, I regularly download 30+ GB games, so I think that it should at least be an option to download it as a single game, while keeping the option to download it as separate chapters as well, that way everyone is happy, and no one complains (at least not about that).

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I'm one of the people that doesn't care about the size of a download, I regularly download 30+ GB games, so I think that it should at least be an option to download it as a single game, while keeping the option to download it as separate chapters as well, that way everyone is happy, and no one complains (at least not about that).
It's a good idea and I agree, except the fact that people don't really need a reason to complain or whine.... They just do it regardless, trust me..;) :)

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
It's a good idea and I agree, except the fact that people don't really need a reason to complain or whine.... They just do it regardless, trust me..;) :)
Well - there actually is another reason too:
Since part 1 is 5 years old, and renPy had changed several times since then - also the coding and values changed/envolved since then, it's more or less impossible to "just add" all parts together.
It would be a complete code-overhaul - and i assure you that MrDots will not do that. He more likely will focus on SL and after that on another new game rather than re-coding DMD.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes