Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
:ROFLMAO:

lol maths is hard
Back in July you had 5987 combined subscribers (from my link)
whow - you know more than we do - you superbrain forget that we didn't have that many Subscribestar supporters back then.
People went over from patreon to SS.
But glad that you are able to know the total amount of our supporter better than we know :unsure:

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
whow - you know more than we do - you superbrain forget that we didn't have that many Subscribestar supporters back then.
People went over from patreon to SS.
But glad that you are able to know the total amount of our supporter better than we know :unsure:
lol that was back in 2018 when the game got kicked of Patreon you had zero SS subscribers then
The fact remains both MrDots games have been bleeding subscribers all of this year
I have provided the evidence
And to think looking back through my posts I was one of this games biggest fans- c'est la vie

edit: ah yes the facepalm of impotence and irrefutable evidence

Last edited:

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
lol that was back in 2018 when the game got kicked of Patreon you had zero SS subscribers then
The fact remains both MrDots games have been bleeding subscribers all of this year
I have provided the evidence
And to think looking back through my posts I was one of this games biggest fans- c'est la vie

edit: ah yes the facepalm of impotence and irrefutable evidence
*sigh - why do i even try? ....
Guess because i still think you can't be THAT dumb......
2018 we were kicked from patreon
2019 we were back on patreon with Melody
same time we were on BuyMeAcoffee with DMD
few months later we switched from BMAC to Humblebundle
2020 we finally started subscribestar (aside patreon which has been still up)

overall we lose patreon subscribers, but we gain Subscribestar members

Just we gain more new on SS than we lose on patreon - hope you now got it

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
*sigh - why do i even try? ....
Guess because i still think you can't be THAT dumb......
2018 we were kicked from patreon
2019 we were back on patreon with Melody
same time we were on BuyMeAcoffee with DMD
few months later we switched from BMAC to Humblebundle
2020 we finally started subscribestar (aside patreon which has been still up)

overall we lose patreon subscribers, but we gain Subscribestar members

Just we gain more new on SS than we lose on patreon - hope you now got it
Not since July (my other screen shots are on my home pc which show a longer decline on the SS numbers)- the Patreon numbers show a decline from a height of about 4230 patreons back in 2018 to 2575 today- a 40% decline and a 5% decline in SS numbers- so it's laughable you brazenly state you are increasing SS numbers
Glad you are not trying to justify charging subscribers for months on not working on DmD
You have that going for you at least
Edit: anyways my flight is boarding Merry Xmas all

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017
the two first chapters where great but then the game went off the rails
i dont care about that cuck sharing shit tell me if the game have endings with the busty lady friend and we can tell the lesbian mom to go fuck herself.

Reactions: Cavpal

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
well - basicially we have a 100% non-ntr and non-sharing policy in general.
Long time ago as Jeff Steel was still onboard, HE was the one who convinced MrDots to include that sharing-crap.
The team agreed, and we went for a try - and it failed. You know all those rage and senseless discussions. All the hate and fights. All the bashing and kink-shaming.....
We just get sooo sick of all that, so we went back to our roots (no ntr - no sharing) in our future updates.
Go and thank those, who got greedy and kept demanding and demanding for more.
You know what you get, when you dmand? right - you get NOTHING.

The people raged and told us how many supporters we will lose, because their group is soooo big.
You know what? we might have lost a few - maybe a dozen, maybe 2-3 dozen....
... But same time now overall we have more active supporters than we had ever before when counting SS and patreon together.
So what now?
Oh boiiiii - they were wrong. Seems they aren't that important as they think. Maybe tehy arent that many as it seems.
People - 90% of all players over here aren't our supporters at all - So (talking to all out there who might feel "ignored" because we didn't add Martin content) PLEASE stop thinking you are important in ANY way. We tried it once to listen, but we regret bitterly - so we will not listen anymore and do as we want - take it... or leave it.
I can understand that you align the game according to economic aspects. That first of all as a statement. It is your game and I would not let anyone talk me into it if I make my living from it.
But I do have one question - Was there a difference in the negative reaction between the virtual characters Martin and Ryan?

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
and you never paused subscriptions when you were not working on this game (DmD)
Some would call that unethical
I just call it milking
So they should pause it every other month while they're working on the other game ? Are you aware of the basic principles of sites like Patreon or SStar ? Do you know there's devs releasing updates maybe 3 times per year and they don't even work on a second game ? Shall they pause subscriptions all the time and only activate it on the months they release an update ? Shall they pay rent and buy food only 3 times per year ? that's not how support works.
I wish people who agree with me on the fact this game became too vanilla, or too mid, not really satisfying either side because it was trying to satisfy everyone, had better arguments.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I can understand that you align the game according to economic aspects. That first of all as a statement. It is your game and I would not let anyone talk me into it if I make my living from it.
But I do have one question - Was there a difference in the negative reaction between the virtual characters Martin and Ryan?
yes - there is SIGNIFICANT difference.

First up, i do tell this without ANY rating nor do i intend to hint ANYTHING - that's just pure facts because you asked for it:

There was nearly ZERO talk about Ryan or Graham at all, but soley a MASSIVE shitstorm (in both ways) pro and con Martin

401Grem

May 14, 2017
So they should pause it every other month while they're working on the other game ? Are you aware of the basic principles of sites like Patreon or SStar ? Do you know there's devs releasing updates maybe 3 times per year and they don't even work on a second game ? Shall they pause subscriptions all the time and only activate it on the months they release an update ? Shall they pay rent and buy food only 3 times per year ? that's not how support works.
I wish people who agree with me on the fact this game became too vanilla, or too mid, not really satisfying either side because it was trying to satisfy everyone, had better arguments.
This is off topic

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
The team specifically said back in August they were not going to work on any DmD updates at all untill November
The ethical thing would have been to suspend payments on the SS platform
They didn't
Edit: got to love Krislounge wifi with SA

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
The team specifically said back in August they were not going to work on any DmD updates at all untill November
They didn't
This is just not how it works. It's up to supporters to cancel their subscriptions if they feel like it, not to the team.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
They didn't
the subscriptions are not soley for DMD - they are for MrDots in general. He is continuously creating games - without any free time (except january) for 7 years right now. His main game (after DMD has been banned from Patreon) has been Melody and now Sunshine Love. DMD is just a bonus on top of the basic subscription if you pay a little more (see support level).
Aside that, MrDots doesn't need to "stop charging", as people are free to put their support on hold any time they want to. So same we could say: it's not milking, as we CLEARLY told them when to expect the next update, so they can put support on hold.
Other devs are quite more milkers, as they tell people "update will be very soon", but the update is out months later

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Just saying he isnt just a side character i mean when cassandra can get an ending then martin would have more than deserved an own ending. The build up then they fuck 2x and jus forget about him? wtf
Im not the only one who assumed that there would be an martin ending
Well Cassandra is a woman and Martin isn't that's good enough reason to leave Martin out of the endings for me :ROFLMAO:. Also if you want some BBC so badly go out and get some of your own ;).

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes