dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Saying thay nobody speaks the truth does not mean that people lie. It means that there is no truth "out there" sticking to which we might be sure of "speaking the truth". We just contribute to produce regimes of discourse governed by provisional rules and norms. We produce truths, never speak THE truth.
Philosophy major? :)

grenier

Jun 3, 2017
I've just tried to download the game, without success because of the size. Out of curiosity, I decided to give a go to the CG file, only to discover it was more than 3GB. I shouldn't be surprised, really: the code and dialogs can't amount to more than a few 10s of MB at most.

But seriously, over 3GB for a few hundred pictures and what altogether must be worth a few minutes of video.
Really!?

I see the author reads those post. Good. I believe you need to rethink your image format there, HD is nice, but I'm pretty sure you're going quite beyond that to get to such a massive amount of data. Considering the game appears far from done, it's getting way out of hand (do we have to expect 6-10 GB for the finished game?)

BANKAI

Sep 21, 2017
wtf i don't even remember ever being asked to do that. At what day is that? Not sure if i have the save for that

Jambobby

Sep 3, 2017
Excuse me it's probably said somewhere but how to patch the game ? Just the pages where it's written would me ok.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
I said I had been hearing from people for a long time about DMD that were negative comments about the game being blue balling for months. I finally took up my own time to play it at 0.12 to see if they were wrong. I didn't come into this thread until release of 0.13 ;) I never said I commented negatively for months before playing 0.12 but I had heard negative comments. 2 entirely different things. It seems you misread what I wrote. :D

I mean its easy to misread something and I done it a few times. And I write a ton for most part. So yeah I can see where you misread something. I tend to edit and make sure what I typed is actually what I mean to say.
Well actually I believe the part I quoted was fairly explicit "Also if you read my previous statements even those that said negative things about DMD for quite a few months I waited to try it out myself at update 0.12 version." Now it is very possible that you didn't mean to say you were stating negative things for quite a few months. Please note this doesn't say that you were posting negative things based on things you read for quite a few months. So yeah, I think your writing was a trifle off rather than my reading :)

On that note, lets just consider this conversation finished and get back to discussing the game please.

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
I've already tried to bring the fact that there's problems with the days in game. But as English isn't my native language, it's a bit difficult.
It's obvious since the day 2 that the number displayed in the left upper corner isn't the daytime in game but the days of dating.
But like you guys said, there's some inconsistencies in the dialogs while they refer to dates in game. Maybe because they try to mix Date dates, and daytime.

I hope they will correct these things that can confuse the player in the future.

There's some writting problems too.
Like at the funfair for example, they want to act like a couple and drop the "dad" thing.
Some dialog have a forced mistake like : "Da... honey.. bla bla bla bla".
So this is ok.
But other mistakes appear to not be mistakes.
Sounds like the dialogs coding is done by parts by differents devs and they : don't follow the script / don't do the entire part of a sequence of the game, and that bring these inconstancy.

As other guys have mentioned, there's a problem with the left and right at the yoga.
I suppose the script is done before the renders... so why the guy in charge of that don't follow the script?
And when someone in the team see that mistake, the dialogs aren't adjusted? (I hope that at least one person on the team knows how to recognize his left from his right).

Beside all these little things, this update works pretty well.
I've waited the night of day 13 to something like that (wasn't expected that "finish her"!) and was really pleased that the daugther can finally have her great moment too! :)
Can't wait to see the other routes and the "after fly by home with the b/witch mother".
And I hope they will not use the same characters for the others jobs. I'm sorry for the fans but I don't like Georgina and don't want to see her as a doctor's secretary, maybe as a patient for one scene, for fan service, ok np.

Reactions: iAnimeDeath

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
I see the author reads those post. Good. I believe you need to rethink your image format there, HD is nice, but I'm pretty sure you're going quite beyond that to get to such a massive amount of data. Considering the game appears far from done, it's getting way out of hand (do we have to expect 6-10 GB for the finished game?)
As i understand it the one who posts is (or was until recently) one of the scriptwriters not the dev or artist nor involved in technical decisions.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
its called RAP sheet not wrap sheet like out of some food joint... that really got me :p and I think i saw 4-6 typos, words that were together or some letters that were wrong. The story is quite good though and i enjoy it so far!

Also another one
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

grenier

Jun 3, 2017
As i understand it the one who posts is (or was until recently) one of the scriptwriters not the dev or artist nor involved in technical decisions.
Well, it is someone related to the team one way or the other.

Seriously, those 3GB mean each picture must weigh 2-5MB. Even considering HD, that's completely ridiculous for something that's meant to be seen on a screen: using PNG or JPG, that's the kind of file size you expect for a printed poster.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Well actually I believe the part I quoted was fairly explicit "Also if you read my previous statements even those that said negative things about DMD for quite a few months I waited to try it out myself at update 0.12 version." Now it is very possible that you didn't mean to say you were stating negative things for quite a few months. Please note this doesn't say that you were posting negative things based on things you read for quite a few months. So yeah, I think your writing was a trifle off rather than my reading :)
Take a look at this and I did mention to look back at my posts. This one makes it very clear.
Okay let me clarify some things up here. One I do like the game overall. I did in fact liked it when I played 0.12 and got a taste of it after waiting many months after people told me it was simply a blue baller game. Then I find out by someone that the ingame time that Daughter is in the city and such is not 13 days but over a period of a month or more. That's great. But after hearing what happened in 0.13 I was mortified. I mean I expected a BJ from Daughter. I didn't have expectations that the father was going to fuck the daughter b/c I know that's not gonna happen anytime Soon.

Thing is I feel like what happened in 0.13 is gonna break this game. You can say that I hate it but I love it in a way that I fear the dev is gonna pull a BB stunt and Wootcher stunt. It's just how cautious I am. The game has great writing. I do want to play 0.13 eventually and kick Lucas in the balls. That will bring me great satisfaction. Though I will be waiting for Ikru's mod for that playthru b/c I love the idea of getting every route in one save.
Here is the full post I made

That being said onto the next point.

Actually I think I have more posts than you (although most likely not in this one thread as there are alot of games I follow) but whatever. If you expect that you will get special treatment because you tend to post more than others you might want to rethink things.
I was referring to due to how high my post count is and there is plenty of posts I made to refer to see what I said in the past... That was a heads up on saying hey look at all the posts and its easy to misread what I said. I actually spent too much time in this thread. But you say you read through all the pages? Clearly you didn't. I personally could not sit there and read over close to 10 pages of stuff.

IN fact this thread alone in past 2 days I hit close to 84 posts which is absurd. I know this is absurd and don't want special treatment because that's not why I pointed out that post count. I was basically saying that in this thread alone there is a lot of posts you may have missed and not read. ;)

I made some very good posts and explained to many that got the wrong idea on how I "Hate" the game when I don't. The post I link to is pretty much a major summary of how I went about to getting the game and what was said.

Last edited:

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Well, it is someone related to the team one way or the other.

Seriously, those 3GB mean each picture must weigh 2-5MB. Even considering HD, that's completely ridiculous for something that's meant to be seen on a screen: using PNG or JPG, that's the kind of file size you expect for a printed poster.
Actually he is no longer on the team. He stated that the last contribution he made before leaving the team temporarily is the orgasm scene. He was one of the writers on the team ;) but I believe he stated he will eventually come back at a later time in the game's development.

Last edited:

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Doing a phd in literary criticism mate. ^^
I am for one should apologize to a high degree. To be honest when I first heard about this game about how there were ppl getting their PhD degree and writing for the game gave me massive excitement. Knowing that some research was going to be thrown into the game and maybe that bit kinda put my expectations a bit too high. ;) . Hopefully your Prep speech went well.

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
I've just tried to download the game, without success because of the size. Out of curiosity, I decided to give a go to the CG file, only to discover it was more than 3GB. I shouldn't be surprised, really: the code and dialogs can't amount to more than a few 10s of MB at most.

But seriously, over 3GB for a few hundred pictures and what altogether must be worth a few minutes of video.
Really!?

As someone else said, I am "just" one of the scriptwriters (or rather I was: I am taking a break to concentrate on my phd, I won't contribute much to chapter 2). However, the game will be divided into chapters precisely to avoid such increase in size. Chapter 2 won't need previous episodes to be played.

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
I am for one should apologize to a high degree. To be honest when I first heard about this game about how there were ppl getting their PhD degree and writing for the game gave me massive excitement. Knowing that some research was going to be thrown into the game and maybe that bit kinda put my expectations a bit too high. ;) . Hopefully your Prep speech went well.
Still working on it. Just took a break to have dinner. I am currently struggling to find a common denominator between Deleuze's postmodernism and Spanos' one. I'd rather write for DMD but life is hard. XD

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
@Aitan_3
I did actually go into more detail about what I said and I was harsh in wording. Should've used better words. But overall love the writing you did in Chapter 1 and hope to see you come back after you get your PhD work squared away.

Reactions: Aitan_3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Didnt the father took 2 weeks vacation after the hospital ? Thats 14 days by itself. And They were a few days before the hospital thing. It should be around 18-19 days.
You uh high? It clearly stated it would take at least 4 days for plane ticket or something along those lines. They were there at beach for at least a week. Please re-read what you played. There is a ton of inconsistencies. Bottom line the daughter and father spent more than 14 days together. He took at least 3 days or so before answering the call from Markus. My god you people don't read.

Between the beach and getting back that is close to 2 to 2 1/2 weeks gone by. He was also in the hospital during the time at the beach and was there for a few days. Those are ticked off as 2 days spent together. Do you even read what you wrote.
I am sorry I have to do this to both of you but the pic says it all. 2 week visa.jpg

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
I am sorry I have to do this to both of you but the pic says it all. View attachment 22458
Okay but uh just because at the end of chapter 0.13 she says that doesn't mean in previous dialogue that clearly stated how much time went by makes that correct. That just proves there is inconsistencies in the game that need to be taken care of. You really need to read all the dialogue to see where it says how many days goes by. I don't know why I bother. Not gonna go into more details.

Also its been stated already by the dev here that the daughter has been in the city for more than 14 days... So that needs to be fixed.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I count days in play because I look for trigger points, it is a habit of mine.

I have to admit there seems to be 1 day not counted but I will have to replay the game to be sure.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes