BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
So, there's a problem because between Date one and two, one week has passed.
Suppose that the 12 others day occurs successively...
1 day + 1 week + 12 days =/= 2 weeks

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
So, there's a problem because between Date one and two, one week has passed.
Suppose that the 12 others day occurs successively...
1 day + 1 week + 12 days =/= 2 weeks
That directly from the code from the game? If so thank god someone dug through.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I will have to replay and double count to be sure.

Peace.:cool:

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
I just want to point out that the screenshot of to respond to your quoted post contains a mistake in the script.

As I've said a few posts above, they try to mix Date days and daytime in game and that thing just bring confusion and mistakes.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017

That's what I am getting at the code literally points out how much time goes by between date 1 and date 2. That is actually supposed to be the counter for how much time the Father and Daughter spent time together. Not how much time went into the game entirely ;).

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
They need to drawn a timeline on paper and stick to it if they want to mix Date days and "real in game time" while they refer to these extra Date days.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
They need to drawn a timeline on paper and stick to it if they want to mix Date days and "real in game time" while they refer to these extra Date days.
Might want to point that out to MrDots. And that's a clear sign of his coding skill. The whole its gonna take 2 updates to do what he wants to do I can see some major issues. :D

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Take a look at this and I did mention to look back at my posts. This one makes it very clear.
Here is the full post I made
Ahh I see what happened, I wrote my comment, you responded fairly soon afterward and then I responded to that. At that point I had not caught up with the timeline since not all of us can be here and comment voraciously.

That being said onto the next point.
I was referring to due to how high my post count is and there is plenty of posts I made to refer to see what I said in the past... That was a heads up on saying hey look at all the posts and its easy to misread what I said. I actually spent too much time in this thread. But you say you read through all the pages? Clearly you didn't. I personally could not sit there and read over close to 10 pages of stuff.
ahh ok I didn't see that reading at all. I saw it more as a rather dismissive comment than someone saying that I might have accidentally missed something. As far as my comment, you can believe it or not but I have actually read every page on this thread since I tend to be a completest like that (obviously not today). I'm a fast reader, comes from post grad studies in the Arts faculty where you have to read like a machine. Today I basically read from around late 290's to this point, and that's only in this thread :)

IN fact this thread alone in past 2 days I hit close to 84 posts which is absurd. I know this is absurd and don't want special treatment because that's not why I pointed out that post count. I was basically saying that in this thread alone there is a lot of posts you may have missed and not read. ;)
Very true, I was actually really surprised at the volume of posts you've put in since I had a chance to check the thread. I believe I might have misread your intent on that one comment so I do apologize for busting your balls on that one, all I can claim is that textual exchanges are rife with misunderstanding :)

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
@
It's all good ;) I was stuck in this thread for past 2 days and actually pretty much did massive amount of posts. No hard feelings man and I understand why you may had gotten irritated with me ;) . Happens to the best of us anyways. So yeah I should probably made my statement a bit more clear. It's ironic actually b/c normally I type a lot to try to get my point across. I always feel like what I type maybe misread. So there is that. I mean when I first came into this thread I sat on like maybe 34 posts? I gained way too much in this thread. lol.

Super bad of me to kinda get stuck in one area for too long.

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017

edit : suppress auto-quote from nowhere...

Start of day 2 :

(Fuck! I can't to stop thinking about my daughter...)

(It's been almost a week! I can't wait to see that beautiful face again.)

Just with that, the 2 weeks passport make no sense. Or in their world, a week count for 12 (Date) days :)

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Might want to point that out to MrDots. And that's a clear sign of his coding skill. The whole its gonna take 2 updates to do what he wants to do I can see some major issues. :D
Isn't this pretty standard from a project management perspective to timeline out all aspects of a project until it's done? I know in writing courses I have taken that planning out timelines is pretty essential before you ever get to the actual writing part. Not disagreeing, just curious as, from what you have pointed out, there do appear to be fairly simplistic errors that a well-planned execution would have rendered moot.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Isn't this pretty standard from a project management perspective to timeline out all aspects of a project until it's done? I know in writing courses I have taken that planning out timelines is pretty essential before you ever get to the actual writing part. Not disagreeing, just curious as, from what you have pointed out, there do appear to be fairly simplistic errors that a well-planned execution would have rendered moot.
Normally they do a timeline of what's to be done by specific times but as you may already know sometimes timelines change. You see this a lot in professional gaming companies. You will see they tend to push dates or release something early.

Now onto the coding aspect part that I am worried about.

From what I been told its how you do the flow chart with games. If you have a crappy flow chart its gonna be a pain in the butt to do the code. For example I know another game that has to rewrite the games code b/c some of the old code is not gonna work for what they are trying to do in later updates. So they have to overtime rewrite and restructure the entire code. Renpy from what I read and heard is not fun at all and has major issues when it comes to code compatibility. The moment you change an old code to something else it makes most Saves not compatible and if they do load it will be buggy.

I don't know if MrDots actually make a separate build with what he has in mind or any idea how complex the implementation he is doing. But from what I am reading on it it's something that is gonna touch a lot of the routes in Chapter one and will not be a simple code restructure. That's my two cents on it and apparently they made this decision I think in january? but patreons voted on waiting till after Chapter 1...

Reactions: dbp5ca

The David

Jun 19, 2017
I lost my 0.12 save due to pc destruction. If somebody doesn't mind sharing a save file that ignores Georgina completely and didn't reject Elena at café.
I would be really happy :)
Cheers!

McBabo

Sep 5, 2017
anyone else having some pictures not show up on 0.13? I just downloaded the patch from 0.12 to 0.13 and some pictures seem to be missing :(

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
but patreons voted on waiting till after Chapter 1...
If dots was being honest, he would have included a NEVER option or at the end of chapter 3. Since its the end of chapter 1, he can go look at the poll, the fans want character arcs!

He either is incompetent, or doing some grubby milk tactic, or just trying to complete his vision of the game without too much concern for the income (which I can respect). Once again if he wanted an honest poll he would have included an option that scrapped the character arcs.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Well folks I have to apologize because I miss this pic which says almost a week has past.
So sorry about my other posts and this should clear some of it up. almost a week pasted.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes