U

User_23654

Well you know, you are basically stealing our work. I have a fairly peculiar approach to copyright issues (and I am not the owner of the brand anyway) so it doesn't bother me too much, but I'd say that MrDots is fully entitled to avoid/resent/despise pirate boards (I am just guessing his opinions, mind you: we do not speak about our habits and opinions beyond work); also, if you take from patrons the privilege of an unmediated contact with the creator, well, there would really be no difference between f95 and patreon. That would not be very respectful to those who pay real money to support the game.

Everything aside, I want to be clear on something: all the plot holes that were mentioned here were already tackled by the team, and many more were fixed that nobody noticed: mentions to photos that were never taken, phone numbers never exchanged, invitations to places that are already fully booked... Last time I checked, there were 148 fixes already made, ready to be implemented in the next instalment. That's to say that yes, reading comments here is useful and funny (and sometimes toxic admittedly), but it's not really paramount for the success of the game, so in all honesty (and no offence ^^) I don't think MrDots is missing something important not coming here.
We don't steal something, because of us you get your money! We spread it, without us u would have way less Patreon's.

Just think of it, why does so many Dev's come here to promote their stuff?

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I love the Ferris Wheel scene, for various reasons, some emotional memories of relationships past.

Dec 2012

I first fell in love on a ferris wheel
in the brisk cool breeze,
A cinematic night that felt so surreal
a lover's flying trapeze.
And when we fell, we fell forever
entwined with each other,
Onto the sandy beach whispering
"You'll always be my lover."
I felt your touch before I saw you
embracing all of me,
And now I found what I always knew
a place where I can breathe.
With the years that have passed us by
I know that I still feel,
The same I did that night with you
found love on a ferris wheel.

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
We don't steal something, because of us you get your money! We spread it, without us u would have way less Patreon's.

Just think of it, why does so many Dev's come here to promote their stuff?

Fair warning: English is not my first language and while I do have some control over it in general this time I am tipsy while writing so I am not sure what you'll read will be easily understood and/orintelligent at all.

Problem with what you are saying is, spreading the word could be achieved also by organizing a community where you speak ONLY about the last PUBLIC release of a game, letting other players know what are the best titles in the field. If f95 was structured this way, then you would have been right. But the way things are now, depicting this site as the only/best way to advertise games is false. You argue that without you, the game would be less famous. I say that without you (and without the possibility of building anything like f95), a "legal" community like the one I described above would be born, and the game would be as famous as it is now, and with more backers. Then again, this is the internet, it has his "rules", and it is useless to imagine alternative words where people would not pirate content. I am not really bitter about it, I myself steal a lot of content, but I do find it funny when people who steal do not accept the fact that they steal, and need to find psychologicsl excuses to justify themselves. Curiosity and greed, it’s that simple, and we are all similar in that respect. No reason to act all moral. If someone creates something and asks people to pay to get it, and people get it without paying, it's always stealing. It might even be a terrible marketing strategy on the crestor's part, the pirates might be extremely well-meaning, but it is still stealing. Obtaining without consent is always theft, just like fucking without consent is always rape, even if you gave the girl the time of her life or made her popular. Then again, I repeat, I don't hold grudge against internet pirates (and obviously the act is not even comparable to something as terrible as a rape, it was a logical similarity, not a "content" one). I am perfectly aware that the internet works in a certain way, that humans beings work in a certain way (me too!), so if I start an enterprise, I take into account piracy from the very beginning as a part of the "game". When it comes to patreon specifically, the discourse is even more complex: the way I see it, pledgers do not pay for content, but just to support a creator they believe into, so if other people steal content, patrons should not get particularly angry. I was a pledger for months before becoming part of the team, and I didn't feel offended by pirates: I was happy to support mrdots, and that's it. But that's just ME, I think like this (and that's the reason I am on this board), but there are patrons who ARE offended by people who get for free what they think they are paying for, there are creators who get very angry if you steal from them (whatever the rules of the internet are), and I don't think any of us has the right to tell people to feel this or that way about it, especially if in the end our position is quite convenient (getting stuff for free). The least you can do is taking responsibility for whatever accusation might be rightly (or arguably, possibly, conceivably) thrown at you (theft!), and try to use the convenient position you find yourself into in the most useful and respectful way. (PS someone mentioned the fact that too much money too fast could make people too proud or shit like that. Well I am a freelancer and my pay does not depend on how much a game is getting funded on patreon, sorry to disappoint, pledges are not making me rich, not in the least, and actuslly at the moment I am not even working on the game so I am not getting paid at all)

Reactions: TheDecentOne

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
Not going to polish my halo here at all (it's dirty a.f), but I can share some insight into why I'm here. The game feels incomplete without the 20$/months tier but that is way out of my league. Did 5$/months for some time, but it's already at a point where MrDots had more money off me, than most games I own. Hence I got no problem looking for it elsewhere(Hi F95Zone!). Already decided I'll take up pledging when the story have advanced significantly further, but just can't justify pledging each month with my budget. Know Patreon is about supporting the developer instead of the product, but at one point I had to look at myself for how much I've spend there Vs on complete game like on steam. Recently played Hollow Knight, and got that for less than 10 eu.
Anyway this is just me rambling about my reason for being here. Can see I got abit off-topic compared to what is currently being discussed, but hmm.. Post or Delete.. Post!

Reactions: Aitan_3

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I'm sure that our actual patrons number is quite high here. I've been a patron to a couple of games and I still am. People do pirate those games that's for sure. Most of them won't pay ever. That how it works everywhere. Mainstream gaming industry works like that. But I'm 100% sure Dating My Daughter, Summertime Saga nor Big Brother wouldn't make it to 1k$ without it. That's the only way to advertise it. After you reach some stable number of patrons you might be pissed on that but right now F95 and it's piracy is better in gathering patrons than actual Patreon. Without Steam or another platform you doesn't exist and there isn't such a thing for adult games. It's not like people would care if dev is against it - DS is similiar in size and fame and he was trying to fight with piracy. Now he's here.

Reactions: virtuvoid

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
DS is similiar in size and fame and he was trying to fight with piracy. Now he's here.
Be careful with that guy. He implemented DRM to avoid us from downloading his game. He put spyware on the game to reveal leaker's email. If he's here, then I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Just my 2 cents

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I'm not particularly afraid of him. He seems like a nice guy. His game has been already broken into so many pieces by people it's hard to believe there is something more. Not even an AAA company can fight with crackers. Horny crackers are much more dangerous. Beside that we have so many devs here we have to put some faith in them

U

User_23654

Fair warning: English is not my first language and while I do have some control over it in general this time I am tipsy while writing so I am not sure what you'll read will be easily understood and/orintelligent at all.

Problem with what you are saying is, spreading the word could be achieved also by organizing a community where you speak ONLY about the last PUBLIC release of a game, letting other players know what are the best titles in the field. If f95 was structured this way, then you would have been right. But the way things are now, depicting this site as the only/best way to advertise games is false. You argue that without you, the game would be less famous. I say that without you (and without the possibility of building anything like f95), a "legal" community like the one I described above would be born, and the game would be as famous as it is now, and with more backers. Then again, this is the internet, it has his "rules", and it is useless to imagine alternative words where people would not pirate content. I am not really bitter about it, I myself steal a lot of content, but I do find it funny when people who steal do not accept the fact that they steal, and need to find psychologicsl excuses to justify themselves. Curiosity and greed, it’s that simple, and we are all similar in that respect. No reason to act all moral. If someone creates something and asks people to pay to get it, and people get it without paying, it's always stealing. It might even be a terrible marketing strategy on the crestor's part, the pirates might be extremely well-meaning, but it is still stealing. Obtaining without consent is always theft, just like fucking without consent is always rape, even if you gave the girl the time of her life or made her popular. Then again, I repeat, I don't hold grudge against internet pirates (and obviously the act is not even comparable to something as terrible as a rape, it was a logical similarity, not a "content" one). I am perfectly aware that the internet works in a certain way, that humans beings work in a certain way (me too!), so if I start an enterprise, I take into account piracy from the very beginning as a part of the "game". When it comes to patreon specifically, the discourse is even more complex: the way I see it, pledgers do not pay for content, but just to support a creator they believe into, so if other people steal content, patrons should not get particularly angry. I was a pledger for months before becoming part of the team, and I didn't feel offended by pirates: I was happy to support mrdots, and that's it. But that's just ME, I think like this (and that's the reason I am on this board), but there are patrons who ARE offended by people who get for free what they think they are paying for, there are creators who get very angry if you steal from them (whatever the rules of the internet are), and I don't think any of us has the right to tell people to feel this or that way about it, especially if in the end our position is quite convenient (getting stuff for free). The least you can do is taking responsibility for whatever accusation might be rightly (or arguably, possibly, conceivably) thrown at you (theft!), and try to use the convenient position you find yourself into in the most useful and respectful way. (PS someone mentioned the fact that too much money too fast could make people too proud or shit like that. Well I am a freelancer and my pay does not depend on how much a game is getting funded on patreon, sorry to disappoint, pledges are not making me rich, not in the least, and actuslly at the moment I am not even working on the game so I am not getting paid at all)
I know it's theft, but this were only my way of getting the point that you understand, that we're maybe stealing but like my self supporting Dev's, without us many Dev's would have way less pledgers.

Can't really understand why Dev's don't get it where their fame is coming from and just because we're stealing doesn't mean we would pay for it, when there wouldn't be a way of getting the game for free.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Both sides have valid points. And it's been discussed before in this thread more than once. Let's move on and get back to discussing Dating My Daughter, Mr Dots and his team, and your opinions related to that. And remind yourselves that we don't need to return to the piracy vs patreon discussion.

ByronR93

Jul 12, 2017
i dont understand that new update game mode....why turn back earlier episodes for more scene? That means need start whole game or what? Why dont continue the story?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
i dont understand that new update game mode....why turn back earlier episodes for more scene? That means need start whole game or what? Why dont continue the story?
There is a lot of holes in the story and they will get fixed, it will make the game way better to play.

If I love a game then I will replay it as much as I can to get every little detail out of it.

Enjoy all the new content, peace.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
can someone tell me in which version the chapter 1 will be complete???
v16 I think but not for sure. v14 will be a major upgrade of the game as it is and add a lot more content to the story and will fix a lot of loopholes in the story.

Release dates.
RELEASE DATES (2017)

Version 0.14: October 20, 2017
Version 0.15: November 17, 2017
Version 0.16: December 22, 2017

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
There is a lot of holes in the story and they will get fixed, it will make the game way better to play.

If I love a game then I will replay it as much as I can to get every little detail out of it.

Enjoy all the new content, peace.
BTW I play the game from the start and Mr.Dots fix many holes during that 1 year.If you can go and get older version you will see the diference in some events.
Also
0.0.3-first walkthrough
0.0.5-first extra content
0.0.6-change save slots from 3 to 99
0.11-change save slots from 99 to infinite? and we can name them
Will be nice more games to have the last one with so many saves.
Maybe he can add gallery to the game like we will get in DoD soon.

Reactions: Magixian
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes