Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
You seem to have a fundamental mis-understanding of how the patreon process works. Patrons are NOT buying a product, we're choosing to support a creator whilst they create the project. Its right there on the main page, it lists the creators your "Supporting" not who you bought something off of.
No, I have a perfect understanding of how Patreon is being used to bullshit people into accept whatever excuses can be imagined to not provide actual content.

I support creators that create.

I don't support creators that don't create.

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
you can say w/e you want to say , like that there is no update or dislike . but v14 was a month of good old milking
I disagree, plot and code fixes are always welcome and they used only 1 update to do this, the next one will be chapter 2.

are losing a lot of patreon because of this 0.14 update
I just looked at the cached version of his patreon page fom before the release (19.35 gmt) and seems that " a lot of patreon" now is equal to "3 patreons". you should link numbers when you say something, or at least state that it's just an opinion.

Reactions: GroPin and MrBree

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
you can say w/e you want to say , like that there is no update or dislike . but v14 was a month of good old milking
There was no milking. IF you paid attention last month, Mr.Dots said there would be no new content this month. He said he would be fixing the code and changing some scenes to close up chapter 1, chapter 2 will be a new .exe file altogether.

TLDR, he warned people it would only be re-coding the game to close chapter 1.

If they wanted to un-sub for the month they could

Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
Yep like panda panties View attachment 29685

For all those that say no new content have not played very far yet and I know of 1 scene that has new content and that you get to screw Elena now.
There are more content to find so go play and find all the new content.
Why the fuck would I want to go trough crap I've been forced to play trough a dozen times already AGAIN to see a couple new images added to old scenes? Forced replaying is bullshit and a mechanism to pretend you actually added anything of value to a game.

I disagree, plot and code fixes are always welcome and they used only 1 update to do this, the next one will be chapter 2.
You don't waste an update on fixing your own screwups, you fix your screwups AND give your supporters what they pay for.

You may have to work a little harder to do so, so it's YOUR screwups at YOUR cost in time instead of YOUR screwups at the cost of THEIR time.

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
Sorry shitty English no time now. Anwyay. I was the main responsible for the whole bugs/plotholes spotting, I helped conceivng fixes and revisions, and I can assure you, MrDots worked his ass off as much as any other update (if not more). You have absolutely no idea how many scenes needed recoding, rewriting, re-rendering... All the times Elena was mentioned even though you were not dating her, all the times a choker disappeared, all the times a variable was added only in hindsight... We lost many sleeping hours working on the game. Being disrespectful without knowing is just stupid.

Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
There was no milking. IF you paid attention last month, Mr.Dots said there would be no new content this month. He said he would be fixing the code and changing some scenes to close up chapter 1, chapter 2 will be a new .exe file altogether.

TLDR, he warned people it would only be re-coding the game to close chapter 1.

If they wanted to un-sub for the month they could
I would agree with that if the 4000 people supporting him actually paid attention to that.
The vast majority subscribe on the promise of an update every month, most have no time or care to read whatever updates are posted and count on the monthly update.

Sure, you and some others may read that there won't actually be an update and be ok with it, but the vast majority of people don't read those messages and subscribed on the promise of a monthly update.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Why the fuck would I want to go trough crap I've been forced to play trough a dozen times already AGAIN to see a couple new images added to old scenes? Forced replaying is bullshit and a mechanism to pretend you actually added anything of value to a game.

You don't waste an update on fixing your own screwups, you fix your screwups AND give your supporters what they pay for.

You may have to work a little harder to do so, so it's YOUR screwups at YOUR cost in time instead of YOUR screwups at the cost of THEIR time.
You seriously have no idea what you're talking about and should think before even writing what you wrote. You also clearly didn't read any of the warnings last month for this release or the colossal change-log that is on the OP. If you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't speak.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
I would agree with that if the 4000 people supporting him actually paid attention to that.
The vast majority subscribe on the promise of an update every month, most have no time or care to read whatever updates are posted and count on the monthly update.

Sure, you and some others may read that there won't actually be an update and be ok with it, but the vast majority of people don't read those messages and subscribed on the promise of a monthly update.
If you're paying for something without knowing what you're paying for, it's not the creator fault, it's your fault. The information was available even here on a pirate site. This update was to close up loose ends and finish up act 1, which he did, several scenes needed to be re-coded, re-written. This obviously breaks your saves and means there was no new relevant content (which was known already).

Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
You seriously have no idea what you're talking about and should think before even writing what you wrote. You also clearly didn't read any of the warnings last month for this release or the colossal change-log that is on the OP. If you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't speak.
No, my patience with how Patreon is being used by these "developers" is just running extremely thin.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017

Hey m8 if you don't read news for what you pay for thats totally your problem, be happy that hes done in 1 patch and not at end of year. That was expected discussed am guessing there and here (in extend over and over again).

lkta

May 3, 2017
is there a console command to add condom to the original elena cafe scene? Have a save file before it but Not got time to replay through the whole thing today and loading the old save just means no condom

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
I for one am glad that Chapter One is wrapping up along with a new exe. Wish more did this to keep the size down.

hacko

Aug 13, 2016
Sorry shitty English no time now. Anwyay. I was the main responsible for the whole bugs/plotholes spotting, I helped conceivng fixes and revisions, and I can assure you, MrDots worked his ass off as much as any other update (if not more). You have absolutely no idea how many scenes needed recoding, rewriting, re-rendering... All the times Elena was mentioned even though you were not dating her, all the times a choker disappeared, all the times a variable was added only in hindsight... We lost many sleeping hours working on the game. Being disrespectful without knowing is just stupid.
I hope you don't mind what I'm going to say but:
A very critical principle of agile software development is focusing your efforts on the tasks that give the most value. Backfixing minor bugs and consistency issues when you're going to just reset to a new chapter gave your users more value than carrying forward the story? I don't think so. There was a ton of ways to fix the potential variable issues at the initialization of Chpt2.

Reactions: damnthatwascrazy

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
No, my patience with how Patreon is being used by these "developers" is just running extremely thin.
There are much bigger things in life to care about, dont like it - dont support it, move on, there are plenty of others that clearly will even if you do not. :)

Reactions: MrBree

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Here is a bug for you, the necklaces should have been lost when she fell but its still there in the bed scene. lost necklass.jpg

Reactions: Bloo

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
This right here is the issue i'm starting to have with ALL patreon/monthly update games. Unless your game is helluva good time fun gameplay wise, having to replay from start again to see new stuff is just meh after a few times through. Gotten to the point now where I just watch for progress on interesting ones, or wait til done. Since this is technically "done" now, its go time.

Honestly and sadly, I'm growing to prefer the super linear ones where you can just play from a save at end of last version, or catch up very very fast with skip skip skip text.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes