Madjuls

Sep 19, 2017
The way the traffic lights look in picture it look's like europe as I have seen the same style of lights in many places in europe. :)

Last edited:

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
Just a thought. Going by the dashboard pic, the driver's side is on the left and the car is on the right side of the road, meaning it couldn't be set in the UK (or Australia). Just a theory though... :biggrin:
Or Canada or the U.S mite be Brazil

Jfkalive

Nov 15, 2017
Quick question guys, on Friday,we will have it here as well? (next chapter)
Or we have to wait for it like one week to be free?

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Yes, this is the final episode for chapter 1. The upcoming episode 15 is the beginning of chapter 2.
We don't know anything outside of preview pictures which you can find in previous pages of this thread. But from what we can see in those pictures is that we will have scenes from both the father's perspective and the daughter's perspective.

I think it's rather the father lives in the UK somewhere. I'm pretty sure MrDots is British as evidence of the "English (United Kingdom)" spelling he uses in the game. This landscape does look like the UK after all. Either that or Australia. :biggrin:

View attachment 43054
Wait a minute.Isn't Mr.Dots from Brazil?

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Wait a minute.Isn't Mr.Dots from Brazil?
I believe so. But the game officially takes place in nowhere. (Perhaps in Erehwon - see the reference to the 1872 novel by Samuel Butler).

The design team specifically decided to not to reference any country - a specific design decision. The English usage/spelling might have more to do with origin English of the writer’s English teachers’ training than the country of origin for each writer (for example, I believe Aitan is Itallian).

Find a country with no pubic hair, no women’s handbags, no STDs, and no sleeping under the covers - and that is where Erehwon exists. (As a side note, one patron labeled D’s home country as Doughnutopia).

Last edited:

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
I believe so. But the game officially takes place in nowhere. (Perhaps in Erehwon - see the reference to the 8172 novel by Samuel Butler).

The design team specifically decided to not to reference any country - a specific design decision. The English usage/spelling might have more to do with origin English of the writer’s English teachers’ training than the country of origin for each writer (for example, I believe Aitan is Itallian).

Find a country with no pubic hair, no women’s handbags, no STDs, and no sleeping under the covers - and that is where Erehwon exists. (As a side note, one patron labeled D’s home country as Doughnutopia).
Doughnutopia? That's cool. :D

Reactions: foursnacks

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Please share your ideas about how to make that ending smoothier, they might be implented in the game (ch.1 will be worked on again to add small changes before being released as a 1.0).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope that you find something in all this that I wrote that helps at least a little, somewhere, somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aitan_3

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hey, how do I do spoiler text? I want to make a post but not spoil stuff for people.
Above the textbox are a few buttons, one of them is a "+". Click it and add the spoiler tags or just write [.spoiler] text [/.spoiler] without the "."

Reactions: Amariithynar

adad1

Sep 8, 2017
Take a look at the FAQ.
Thank you.

Alright...I had to come and post this out of worry, haha. Without much spoilers, could someone just tell me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
will fuck me over later? That's exactly where I am now and I smell trouble.

Also, shout out to the devs of this game. It really blows everything else I've come across in the genre out of the water, in my opinion. And I'm not even typically into this kind of relationship. Might have to drop them a couple bucks out of respoect.

Sikelos

Jul 26, 2017
Hello , I have play this game and the Big brother in my laptop win 7 pro and I never have any problem , but now I have tray to play them in my pc (win 10 ) but they don't start . I have change Compability to win 7 and win 8 but nothing ....
Can you suggest any solution ??
thank you .

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
So had a plan to release something up to the next release. It is currently NOT DONE, as it took abit longer than expected to figure out how renpy and python worked. (Still a bit impressed by myself, as I started this evening and just hit 400 lines). Had to cut a few good ideas, but got something working to share.

By sharing I mean to show you my idea, and get testing/feedback for when I finish this up tomorrow or friday. Looking for invalid choices, missing options for shown scenes, errors(post line please), comments like: "do this instead ffs", and so on.

What it does:
When you type in the in DMD, a new screen will appear. This is only relevant for the transition between chapter 1 and 2. You will be able to craft savedata that is going to be used for Ch.2, in a very VERY short time. You will be taken though a short menu using DMD assets, highlighting the choices that carries over to chapter 2. When you're done, it returns you to where you left off, but you're able to play chapter 2 with choices you just did.
Just add the file into your ..\Dating_My_Daughter-0.14-win\game folder, and it loads at next startup.

Known errors:
Konami code doesn't work if you load a game. So start a new game, type in names for F & D, and you're set. Spent too much time trying to figure out why it breaks. Trying to mess with the load-code in renpy, altering DMD and more. Nothing worked. But if any can see why, please send me a message, and I'll fix it.
Currently only content when crafting a Custom timeline. Will add premade ones (that's fast to do). Also missing last 8 choices.
Starting from the console, returns you to the console. Only minor visual bug.
Cringy dialogue. Sorry, made it up on the fly. Havn't had time to look over any of it yet.

Planing to add:
Highlight of choices when you're done.
Finishing up of course.
Some cleaning and addition of small interactions if time.

NOT done. Will release proper version tomorrow or friday.

Hope this will be well recieved. If not, you're free to express that too.

Last edited:

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
Chapter 2 is just around the corner. I can't wait! Still, one question remains. What the hell is this red geometric thing found in daddy's place? It gets my attention every time I see it but I seriously have no idea what to even call it. :disappointed:

screenshot0256.png

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes