the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Have you passed on the Mega links to a moderator?
Also, is the transition from 14.5 to 16.5 (Chapter 1-->2) basically the same as it was for DMD 0.15 ? I only play the D path and I'm trying to hear reviews from people who play multiple paths.
If this is so, a complete play through of 14.5--per path--is needed by a player. Once he reaches 16.5 on this path, he quickly makes a save and he's good to go in future.
just make 2 saves in 14.5 right before the end and try to import them in 16.5
you could also watch user\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\DMD-1469236204\port
you only have 1 save to export to 16.5

Reactions: virtuvoid

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
yep
one playthrough to the end of 14.5 -> import in 16.5 -> save and good to go
but that's the same thing back when 15.0 came out

but according to mrdots's the on-hold tag can be applied again on wednesday :(

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
After Wednesday will this be "on hold" or since it doesn't look like they will have funds for it will it be "abandoned"... Maybe we need a "waiting for funds" tag probably covered by "on hold" though

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
he still gotta make a living and those are the current rules. he was going fine with less than <2k patrons when i first found DMD so even with Melody going full steam he should hold onto most of them.

if and when DMD v0.18 is released (likely not until summer) is the real question. i don’t think he wants to abandon it entirely as it got him where he is now but putting it on hold is the best course of action until a viable Patreon alternative appears.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Anybody else think this Melody thing sounds like starting over? It also sounds like the same thing all over again, they should really try to do something different. It's too easy to write another game where you slowly pull an uptight virgin's legs open. There's the danger they'll get bored and never finish, like 99.9% of Patreon games.

Reactions: RomanHume and JRD

f95zone

Jul 27, 2017
They've gone from "finished no matter what" to "when the opportunity comes available" in about two weeks. I really hope I'm wrong, but this doesn't look good.
There goes my last hope of this ever being finished. A patreon alternative won't magically materialize out of thin air, and before it does patreon will probably make their rules more and more strict by the month with devs having their hands full to comply with the latest ruleset. Well it was fun while it lasted.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
There goes my last hope of this ever being finished. A patreon alternative won't magically materialize out of thin air, and before it does patreon will probably make their rules more and more strict by the month with devs having their hands full to comply with the latest ruleset. Well it was fun while it lasted.
my thoughts exactly,i know it sucks for them but they are relying on perfect patreon alternative too much,that just won't happen,i doubt anyone in the world has the idea of making such membership site that would openly support and allow incest games just like that.Every other similair site recommended by fans have been discarded by both mrdots and hearsz
The only option remains is to simultaneously develop both games,which would take a tremendeous effort and lots of time,but from what hearsz been saying with the last few comments on their official site,it seems that won't be the case,dmd is currently on life support that is about to be unplugged

Jan 27, 2018
"DMD v17 will be released on February 14th, and after that, production on the game will cease until we are able to find a platform that we can move the game to (which could take several weeks or even months). The system has to be as reliable as Patreon’s and not have an issue with incest-related content.
That’s seemingly a huge ask at the present time, but we are hopeful one will become available in the near future"

The team itself seems to be split on this, i've basically read 3 members say 3 completely different things regarding the future of DMD... i don't have any hope left though :confused:

Reactions: JRD

rciik

Jun 5, 2017
I am an optimist and as much as I want to believe in the good of people; this is all about business! The future of DMD is in the hands of Melody. If that games fails, then we are SOL. Frankly, there are two problems: Patreon (as a service) and us, the people that pay.

MrDots has a known reputation and Patreon can be (again) very anal about it. What happens if they decide that in 6 months, that Melody is crossing some unwritten rule and it gets banned again? Personally; I don't give a fuck about Melody. I pay for DMD and Melody is just a bonus. If it doesn't deliver, then people will unsubscribe and the project will die.

In all honesty.. and I know people will get sensitive about it - but tomorrow I will be saying good bye to my daughter!! There is no chance in hell we're going to see this finished. I really hope I am wrong, because it will make her return that much more epic! Be realistic guys..

Reactions: JRD and wrx21

JRD

Feb 4, 2018
The patron numbers for MrDots doesn't tell the whole story as the team hasn't published how much they actually take per month. I might be very wrong but it feels like there were a lot of $20 patrons due to extra content and the walk-through. Not sure how many will maintain that same level of support for Melody. I'm having a hard time justifying supporting Melody at the same level if DmD is going to be shelved.

Agreed with what others have said about mixed messages from the dev team. While this might be intentional in order to keep Patreon admins guessing it's quite frustrating for patrons/clients who are invested in DmD.

JRD

Feb 4, 2018
Anybody else think this Melody thing sounds like starting over? It also sounds like the same thing all over again, they should really try to do something different. It's too easy to write another game where you slowly pull an uptight virgin's legs open. There's the danger they'll get bored and never finish, like 99.9% of Patreon games.
Starting over with a bland and highly limited plot, all of which is under Patreon's microscope - the fact that the team had to submit the project to Patreon for approval prior to posting anything on their page bodes ill.

rciik

Jun 5, 2017
I disagree about Melody. If Melody fails, DMD has a chance ; if Melody is even a so-so success, then we are SOL.
I disagree - reason: DMD gets funded by having Melody on Patreon. If Melody fails and people leave (or the project gets banned) then there are no more funds for DMD. How do you expect to get more DMD if there are no funds?

If Melody turns out to be fucking awesome then he has to get more people that do the work. He could manage it and have a team doing DMD and a team doing Melody. I think he is capable of doing it. He seems smart but inexperienced (looking at his track record).

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Your quoted statement (by Hearsz) is the one I believe.
Due to the fact that at least one scene (or more) originally intended for 0.18 has been added to 0.17. This would have NEVER happened if there was a good chance for a 0.18 in the near future.
This all seems to be a sad charade to at least prevent Patreon patrons to NOT unpledge. This is certainly the short-term goal. There does not appear to be any long-term goals in place. Everything is "it depends..."
I have the feeling that the content from 0.18 that has been added to 0.17 means we will get bigger updates for DmD/+30-50%/ but we wait at least 100 days between them.
BTW I will tell you guys when 0.17 come if we can use 0.14 and 0.15/0.16 or we must replace them with 14.5 and 16.5

Reactions: Andrew Rider
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes