Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Devs are VERY reluctant to leave Patreon. There are just too many financial advantages for them. They say they will move to another non-Patreon platform but ONLY if they retain all these advantages.
So it looks like they will more likely be banned before they willingly leave Patreon.
Once banned, with no Patreon replica available, devs will have to decide if half a loaf--or even a crust of bread--is better than nothing.
All this may take a while...
Actually, there are a number of dev's who have already left or partially left Patreon. And most of those dev's don't milk for as much as Mr.D has over the past 6 months, they release consistent and timely updates. Only those who are afraid to leave the cow are sticking with the platform no matter what. Others want to tell their story so are finding other ways to get to that goal.

JRD

Feb 4, 2018
That's exactly what's been announced for Melody.
For sure, many people were more accepting of the early DMD slow-burn because of the taboo barrier. But these games can be addictive (as we all know). If players specifically search out linear games, they will at least try Melody out.
I have serious doubts but will wait and see. DMD may well cast too great a shadow for Melody to shine through...
The problem I see is that they're taking the exact same plot framework and trying to recycle it all over again. I'm disappointed because with the talent of the dev team they could have gone a completely different direction and might have been able to shift the paradigm of adult games again. Instead it's DmD Vanilla v2.0 (due to the Patreon hall monitor watching over their shoulder, which is pretty screwed up). I'm waiting to see what Dots says tomorrow, really hoping the ambiguity regarding DmD's future is resolved.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Get off that high horse dude :)

Trying to justify his actions with some long ass post isn't going to make anyone feel differently about this whole ordeal. Time will tell what his patreons really think about his actions and the way he handled things.

Peace out, broooo!​

reda1943

Jun 30, 2017
hi guys i have an old version of this game v0.12 and i want to know if any one could help me plz
my question is
is there any way to update the game without losing any save spot and without missing any part of the new version
and thanks.
or should i downloaded the game v0.14 or the latest version.

Kid07

Nov 13, 2017
Did anyone check the new game? I must say "Melody" didn't look and sound so bad. Sure she isn't our little girl but teaching an innocent young thing about music and love doesn't sound so bad.

But still, this gonna suck ass because now he gonna work on both projects and its gonna be sooooo damn slow or the quality might fall. ( shorter game, lesser picture, lesser animation )

reda1943

Jun 30, 2017
@reda1943 Best to download 14.0 or 14.5 I'm not sure if your save game will carry through, as for chapter 2 0.17 gets release tomorrow so guessing you can always fill in your save games details, through saves on 14.5 may carry on, I'm not sure.
ok thanks but what are the differences between 14.0 / 14.5
should i delete the old version is it useless now.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes