the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
After you finish 14.5 you download and play 16.5
or he just waits 1 day and plays 17.0 :evilsmile:

Dl the DMD 14.5 on page 1. You can test to see which of your old saves still work (my own stopped by Day 5). So delete the saves that you see don't work and make new saves.
Until 0.17 drops tomorrow, we don't know if it's possible to go from 14.5 (Chapter 1) directly to Chapter 2 with the 0.17. It may well be that 16.5, also on page 1, is also needed with new saves as well. My best guess right now is : 14.5-->16.5--0.17.
it would be ridiculous if 16.5 and 17.0 aren't compatible

Reactions: cloudfw

reda1943

Jun 30, 2017
Dl the DMD 14.5 on page 1. You can test to see which of your old saves still work (my own stopped by Day 5). So delete the saves that you see don't work and make new saves.
Until 0.17 drops tomorrow, we don't know if it's possible to go from 14.5 (Chapter 1) directly to Chapter 2 with the 0.17. It may well be that 16.5, also on page 1, is also needed with new saves as well. My best guess right now is : 14.5-->16.5--0.17.
oh ok thanks

the66

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
if i plays 17.0 i will miss a lot of things i think ?
with 16.5 or 17.0 you start a new chapter
so nothing to miss
chapter 1 ends with 14.5 and you import your progress to 16.5/17.0 and start chapter 2

Kid07

Nov 13, 2017
I am worried about "after" Update 17. then we have no fucking idea how long we have to wait till the update 18. At least 2 month or even longer than that. Maybe we get 1-2 update about melody before 0.18... in five- six months we might see a new DMD update and no idea how the quality gonna be. Maybe just a small update with tiny progress because he work mainly on Melody.

the66

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
we'll have to wait if mrdots is really into dmd
but after changing his statement from 'it will be done whatever it takes' to 'if we have time' i have my doubts

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I was a $20 Patron for a bit of time and was going to up that again, but then all this Patreon censorship nonsense happened.

It is understandable that Mr. Dots wants a stable platform which gives him an easy way to obtain and monitor funding support levels, without having to do payment management (and related liability+support) work. He just wants to know the income levels related to planned development goals.

But, I don't see why Patreon-level service is needed. There are various alternatives to consider (many discussed in a different topic within this subforum). So, for that reason, I'm not going to support their Melody work unless and until DMD progress is re-planned.

Plus, there is already a place like Kimochi Red Light which offers a Kickstarter-style funding mechanism for adult-only games - this could allow them to obtain as much funding as needed for planned releases and more easily map out what they can afford, as opposed to only going month-month. Yes, it means they will need to budget a bit, but they won't be doing the hard work of managing the payment issues themselves:

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
There are alternatives to PayPal. Main problem is high fees. There are workarounds such as pay-for-download sites.
To be clear, I do not like this method. Tweaks and renders aren't updates. Worse, tweaks and renders may just stay that way--to me, this is the worst scenario for DMD fans...

And this is what I was saying before...Yep there is alternative payment methods out there but he doesn't want to change from PayPal

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
i forgot who mentioned it but it was determined that 50% of his patrons use Paypal, so trying to go a different method means half his income is impacted.

again, I don't blame him for trying to hold onto them (if I was pulling that kind of scratch my lifestyle would have evolved too). maybe his new game will be awesome and the funding will be sufficient for both the new game and slow development of DMD on the side. I'd like to stay positive and hope for the best.

at any rate we at least get 0.17 tomorrow barring any further nonsense.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
we'll have to wait if mrdots is really into dmd
but after changing his statement from 'it will be done whatever it takes' to 'if we have time' i have my doubts
You know, we pretty much know what all DAZ3D assets he uses. If he lollygags around on DMD, someone(s) *could* always take it over and take it away from him. Not what I want, but...

Reactions: January2015
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes