ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Personally I really enjoyed this latest release. Not the ultimate pay-off but rewarding none the less. Remember this is a VN, so Mr Dots is telling the story. If you don't like the story, don't read/play it.

If you think this has too many undeveloped characters/stories, take a look at Summertime Saga (don't misunderstand I think it's a great game). How many characters have be there since the beginning but haven't advanced any. Judith, Eve, Rhonda, Mrs Bissette, Liu, Jane, Coach Bridget (OMG she definitely needs some cock or maybe a session with Sister Angelica?) and there's a monster girl? Way too many story possibilities, but again that's the author's prerogative.

I don't think Mr Dots want to promote too much violence. Perhaps Vicki is secretly attracted to Debby (my daughter's name) ? Can you say strap-on? Also shouldn't Elena's boobs have blossomed some by now? But I digress... Mr Dots is doing a great job in my opinion. I just hope he doesn't throw in the towel because of the idiots at Patroen (spelled wrong on purpose).

Jan 27, 2018
The whole "let's buy plane tickets and flee after camping" plan does not fit with the legal battle/detective investigation hinted at earlier.
I wouldn't really mind if they did this, i find the whole legal battle plot kinda weak since she's an adult and it only serves the purpose of having an enemy for a few episodes... though i agree, it may feel a bit rushed...
Other than that it was a nice update

victkh

Dec 30, 2017
Yes, that ending was unexpectedly weak. MrDots has seemingly left his future DMD plans very much "paused".
If most of his initial Melody patrons are former DMD patrons--95%+ likely--he wouldn't wish to piss these patrons off by completing DMD too, too soon (such as in DMD 0.18). But everything seems to hinge on the popularity of Melody. The more popular Melody is, the more likely DMD will be concluded prematurely because of "reasons". This wouldn't be just because of Melody, but due to the increased viability to remain on Patreon and do multiple future projects.
As well there is the Patreon factor. Will it eliminate all risque material ? Will this be determined by a commitee of evangelicals? MrDots has to have open options here as well.
DMD fans must wait and see.
Yes, I think that dialogues in last scenes of day 17 wrote after this patreon stuff, so unfortunately we got this weak ending.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
i loading saves from 16 version, i dont wanna start Chapter 2 over and over again when new version released
you shouldn’t have to after this version as the game code has been cleaned up.

with skip text feature and reset (continue from chapter 1) of stats you could breeze thru to next update within 5-7 minutes if not faster.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
So based of the sarcasm, he is just doing what BB did and releasing a finale update to give people closure.
well kinda,they didn't formally said that dmd won't be continued but from answers from mrdots and rest of the team you can read between the lines that dmd will be stopped until patreon replacement shows up

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
why didn’t D use her self defense class knowledge to roundhouse kick that cunt Vicky back to the stone age? instead she just sat there and it hit me a bit in the feels when she inner monologued “oh no my apple” :FeelsBadMan:

some of the weird spontaneous nature of F and D make some weird logical sense. remember when F said “yes i’m definitely going to date my daughter” sometime in v0.10? he was so wishy washy for a long time but a fully nude D brought him to the light.

perhaps this is the team’s way of progressing the story faster; with the mystery of Brad, the ex, and the lawyer getting to do anything at all, it could be a lame way of not exploring that story branch just to reach the conclusion faster. i don’t know i hope to learn more of why ex wife is such a bitch and the deal with Brad.
Daughter is like the monk from Kung Fu, Kwai Chang Caine. She is slow to anger, but once she acts - it’s with a can of whoop ass.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I wouldn't really mind if they did this, i find the whole legal battle plot kinda weak since she's an adult and it only serves the purpose of having an enemy for a few episodes... though i agree, it may feel a bit rushed...
Other than that it was a nice update
Age of majority is some areas is 19. (Hence I expect there might be a “way out” on her birthday as I suggested it at some point. As an attorney, any court hearing and process - outside of either “turned 19” or “illegally immigrating” back to MC’s country - would unltimately take too long and be too boring. Imo

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Yes, EVERY prior save should be tested before deletion.
I don't know about you but I am happy with 0.17.More dating my daughter,tease with Georgina,sex with Elena.Maybe we miss to do some Higurashi stuff on 1-2 persons:)Only the idea to rush back home is out of place.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Is there anywhere 14.5 v or 16.5 v download link? Or working save from the start of day 16?
first page has download links.

do a search in this thread for saves somebody provided some.

or choose “continue from ch 1” and set your own stats. easy peasy.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Georgina NEVER looked better. I was really put off by her "silicone sister" body at first glance.
But, like Jennifer, I love the face and eyes. Even Elena I love her eyes and personality. A fool in love, indeed, to deny them all!
D is just THAT special for me. By comparison, in Dreams of Desire I want EVERY female...
So good for us that one of the ending of DoD will be the harem ending:)
Maybe something like Lab Rats.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes