Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
I really don't know what's going on with me but it seems I am addicted to this games , the specific story , that daughter and father ...well I guess I am turning to a perv ...Hahahaha ! No now seriously , jokes taken aside this young lady , her character , her insecurities , her hand gestures while talking to her father , the influence she gets from her best friend and how she reacts to it ... I have to say this looks like it could be REAL ! Keep up the good job ! That is how you do it !!!!!
I know how you feel, it is a crazy emotional ride for me. I just know now no kids for me;p this game fucked me up

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Thanks to patreon MrDots can not longer work on DMD on the surface. He's still working on it and are planning to release the next episode at late May, but for now he's working on it alongside his new game called . So he's kinda at an awkward space where Melody gets the limelight with DMD in the shadows. You'll get a lot of doomsayers here saying DMD is dead, but that remains to be seen.

More info here:
Even better than I figured, good to hear it's not completely sidelined :)

thewhatever

Aug 5, 2017
It's like Alan Wake vs Quantum Break dilemma, one took the place of the other while we wanted an Alan Wake 2 but now we want a sequel for both games. Dream of Desire is becoming cheesy now, so unless there is a new sheriff in town for our inxest gaming taste we will still wait for mrdots ''daughter'' to return

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
There is only one "save" from Chapter 1 that will continue on into Chapter 2. That is the last page ("thank you") of Chapter 1.
Choose "continue from Chapter 1" from the welcome screen. That will continue whatever path you were on when the last "thank you" screen was displayed. Make a fresh save quickly in Chapter 2 (it will show up as Day 0, but don't worry it will become Day 15). Repeat this process for EVERY path you wish to follow.
Good luck!
this is so not completely right..
as i wrote about my android port, the ex-/import functionality with 8 slots is there and working
screenshot0001.png
you need only a difference in one of the variables that get's exported in ch1 14.5 to have up to 8 export slots and consequential also as import in ch2 17.0

jediwithbat

Oct 10, 2017
There is only one "save" from Chapter 1 that will continue on into Chapter 2. That is the last page ("thank you") of Chapter 1.
Choose "continue from Chapter 1" from the welcome screen. That will continue whatever path you were on when the last "thank you" screen was displayed. Make a fresh save quickly in Chapter 2 (it will show up as Day 0, but don't worry it will become Day 15). Repeat this process for EVERY path you wish to follow.
Good luck!
Thanks for the quick answer, but that doesn't work. Whenever I click on "continue from ch1", I get the error message saying save files can't be loaded

the66

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
I have seen that method for months. There were reports of many problems. IF things have been cleaned up in 0.17, fine.
But the way I outlined is the BEST way for a majority of players. Whether it is TECHNICALLY the best way is less important. What concerns me is : if 1000 new players did it the 8-slot way or the 1-at-a-time way, which method would have a higher success rate? That is the way that I advise...
hmm.. it's practically like loading a save file, there is nothing to be done wrong :)
on the technical side a description for the files should be added besides the fp and lp, but the rest.. i see no problems using it

the66

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Thanks for the quick answer, but that doesn't work. Whenever I click on "continue from ch1", I get the error message saying save files can't be loaded
you must completely reach the end of ch1 14.5, end screen, credits and back to main menu
are you using windows? if so, check for folder %APPDATA%\RenPy\DMD-1469236204\port
there should are and 1 or more .port files and a .json file

jediwithbat

Oct 10, 2017
Exactly which save files do you have? This method only works with 14.5 (Chapter 1 in OP) and 0.17 (Chapter 2 in OP). These files should be in separate folders.
I was using a 14.0 copy. Still got to the end of the game, but might be the problem i guess. DL'ing the 14.5 version now. Thanks for the help!!!

Reactions: virtuvoid

the66

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Lol! If you see no problems, perhaps going back over this thread from the 0.15 update until now will show you PROBLEMS.
You are a techie. What seems easy for you is LEVELS above what the average player can understand. That's why a too-technical solution is rarely the best practical answer.
Think of it this way. If people have difficulty with my advised solution, why would they not have MORE difficulty setting up 8 slots?
i just don't see a difference in clicking on an icon Continue From CH1 or clicking on one of 8 icons :)

the66

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
The difference is the welcome screen icon is ready-made ; a player has to "make" his own slots. As well, once a player has success with his first 1-at-a-time method, that confidence boost will get the job done. Mind you, IF I was playing some other paths and I experienced the 8-slot method I might have advised it. But it would still NOT be the best practical method due to too many steps and lack of confidence boost. I'm convinced this is true for the wider spectrum of DMD players (for a different game, OK, I might advise the 8 slots).
"Many a drop is spilled between the cup and the lip"...
we probably will not agree in this topic but i still have faith that the average dmd user can use the 8-slot-method :)
and if there are some changes to be made, to make it more usable, i'm open for suggestions

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes