3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Is it possible to turn the CH7 and 8 into EXE? I can't backup saves for some reason :noexpression:
Same Problem:disappointed:
Let me guess:
- you played the offline version of the previous chapters :rolleyes:.
- you didn't pay attention to the warning in the OP:

Made for Chrome/Firefox. Note that there is a download option inside the game if you don't want to run this online. However, you can not mix download/online versions if you want to continue on your previous path. E.g: If you played the first chapter online, you have to play the second chapter online.
All cracked versions are online versions made to work offline (on your local web server)

However @parceload made a that can convert offline saves to online saves and vice versa. I haven't tried it myself. So, in case you're stuck, you may have a solution there.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
just played ch8 and it was fantastic
liked the twist regarding Amanda and i absolutely loved the last scene

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

love when game enthuses me so much like this one,i pledged immediately after i finished the playthrough,can't wait for next chapter

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Same, but on Firefox this doesn't happen.
It means that your Chrome may be configured to use a proxy. Not impossible that it's infected and you don't know about the proxy. Or you have some extension blocking the game content.
For me it works in both browsers, no problems with Chrome.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You can start by looking through the settings of your Chrome browser.
Advanced section -> System -> Open proxy settings -> Settings -> Proxy server

Chrome seems to be using windows settings for proxy, Firefox has its own proxy settings.

It's also not impossible that uBlock is blocking the content of 127.0.0.1. In that case you have to allow it by disabling it for the 127.0.0.1 (web sites hosted on your own computer).

ItsEricBoi

Sep 13, 2017
You can start by looking through the settings of your Chrome browser.
Advanced section -> System -> Open proxy settings -> Settings -> Proxy server

Chrome seems to be using windows settings for proxy, Firefox has its own proxy settings.

It's also not impossible that uBlock is blocking the content of 127.0.0.1. In that case you have to allow it by disabling it for the 127.0.0.1 (web sites hosted on your own computer).
Thanks for that reply. In the LAN settings the only ticked option is the first one about 'automatically detect settings'

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I'll answer this because the multiple times this has been answered on the board has been obliterated by a deluge of enthusiastic posts from people playing cracked versions of 7 and 8 online...

Generally Palmer releases a free downloadable version of his game approximately 4-6 weeks after he releases it to his paid supporters. The last chapter (6) was released on April 16th. The paid version of Chapter 7 was released in early April. That means anywhere from 1-3 weeks from now will be the release of the free version of Chapter 7.

ParthMargin

Feb 11, 2018
Is it possible to turn the CH7 and 8 into EXE? I can't backup saves for some reason :noexpression:
I had the same issue. I downloaded all 8 chapters and the first 6 were exe files and the last two are browser based. Someone was kind enought to give me their Chapter 6 Backup file. Here is mine for you to upload into Chapter 7. You will need to create a backup of Chapter 7 to play Chapter 8 also, but the option to create one will be there under Save.

Reactions: RAES121212 and JR81

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
Whenever I try to launch it I get the message "Intro.txt is missing" and then black screen, anyone got a fix for that?

ParthMargin

Feb 11, 2018
Whenever I try to launch it I get the message "Intro.txt is missing" and then black screen, anyone got a fix for that?
Which chapter are you trying to play? I can upload the file for you to add. The file is found under the Scenes folder. It may have been deleted for some reason?... Just let me know.

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
Played episodes 5-8 in one sitting and I have to say things started to finally pick up. Loved episode 8 and nice job with that twist at the end. :cool:

Reactions: lagartha

lagartha

Dec 2, 2017
Great game. I'm compellingly sucked into the story and desperately want the Cafe to succeed (I know this makes me SF material) but it's doing my head in waiting for the non web releases. Does anyone have the save files (for the web versions) that they could post as the choices don't seem to make that much of a difference over all?

Reactions: Darth Bane

hotte

Mar 23, 2017
I thought the game is fucking stupid because I call the fat police guy Moe. I named myself Moe until I realized that this is also the short term for his name :/

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes