3.50 star(s) 126 Votes

Splatter_1

Mar 30, 2018
I do not understand the ending to this chapter. The Aunt has Zero parental rights (anywhere in the world as far as I know as long as one "parent" is alive) so this has me at a complete loss as to where this story is going. It makes no sense to me. And to have Saul as her lawyer is a conflict of interest as he was a employee and has personal knowledge of the player. This to me seems to be a shitty way of making the story longer to keep the money rolling in. I am not sure I am going to continue my patreon support if this is the way its going to be. But I really DO love this story, except this part....

Corypheus

Mar 5, 2018
I do not understand the ending to this chapter. The Aunt has Zero parental rights (anywhere in the world as far as I know as long as one "parent" is alive) so this has me at a complete loss as to where this story is going. It makes no sense to me. And to have Saul as her lawyer is a conflict of interest as he was a employee and has personal knowledge of the player. This to me seems to be a shitty way of making the story longer to keep the money rolling in. I am not sure I am going to continue my patreon support if this is the way its going to be. But I really DO love this story, except this part....
I completely agree. Not only does she have no parental rights, but Amanda is an adult. This is most likely an excuse to extend the story and squeeze more money out of patrons. I've been a patron from chapter 2 and I liked the story so far, and love the characters and dialogue. I'm really curious about the next chapter, but I'm also afraid that it will be completely unrealistic and illogical.

Sep 24, 2017
Yeah, it's weird. She is in no position to make her do anything. Palmer probably didn't think this one through.
Who said she will or can force her? Maybe she will persuade her... it seems she is rich. What the aunt want and what she gets are 2 different things.
But there are better endings for a chapter...

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I completely agree. Not only does she have no parental rights, but Amanda is an adult. This is most likely an excuse to extend the story and squeeze more money out of patrons. I've been a patron from chapter 2 and I liked the story so far, and love the characters and dialogue. I'm really curious about the next chapter, but I'm also afraid that it will be completely unrealistic and illogical.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I will say this, Kathy is a surprising girl...young woman. :)

Corypheus

Mar 5, 2018
Who said she will or can force her? Maybe she will persuade her... it seems she is rich. What the aunt want and what she gets are 2 different things.
But there are better endings for a chapter...
She made someone infiltrate your company to gather information and literally said: "I am here to take my niece home." What makes you think she's not going to try and force her?

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
The story runs into problems being she is not your real daughter so technically we have no parental rights, since you were not married to the mother (I would have to go back to the beginning to refresh my memory) So the non incest paths kind of makes sense that she wants to take her true relative back. In that D is the blood daughter it does not make sense. That's the problem with "what some of us want" and "what others want". On the other hand her being 18 to conform to national guidelines makes the story even more convoluted. I think she was supposed to be 16 in the original. Trying to skirt laws and regualtion set by patreon and laws , the story is messed up.
1. non blood related the story works (step- daughter without official adoption papers) Look at Woody Allen
2. being over 18 she is an adult to decide where and what she does.
3. in the USA you get emancipated at 16 and have consensual sex in most states.
So anyways those people think he milking, FFS this guy has 2 games in the can that are really good so he doesn't fuck around (Emily and play with us) people give Akubar a pass and he doesn't put out shit in the last 6 months.

Sep 24, 2017
She made someone infiltrate your company to gather information and literally said: "I am here to take my niece home." What makes you think she's not going to try and force her?
Its normal that people hire a lawyer or a private eyes to find relatives. "I am here to take my niece home." where did she say that Amanda has no choice? She is here to take her home doesn't mean she can force her... as I said what she want and what she get are 2 different things... It looks more like she tries to "buy" her... 1000 as a tip is not common. And it seems that she tried to buy the diner... because she wanted to cut Amandas bindings... and who knows maybe the toaster has also an important role... Moe said there is a bigger story behind this :D
IF the aunt forces Amanda (and has success) in the next chapter you can blame Palmer but now... ? As I said the end is stupid but the rest is only your imagination :p

Vaassaa

Feb 17, 2018
yeah, it is funny, i started the game for the dfd, but then i stayed for kathy content and heidi content. I actually don't care about amanda content XD like i get a little kick out of it but I just don't care anymore :S (i don't find her model that attractive either so that doesn't really help) personally I wish there was an option to have just talked, so i could just stick to Kathy.

Amanda is a little bland sometime, like that reveal of who is actually kathykat made her a little more interesting but overall kathy has a lot more character and depth to her, Amanda seems to have character that is reliant on the MC to actually exist, like full on dependence with not much individual personality besides the games (at least from my view), although I would assume it feels like that because Amandas personality hasn't really been explored that much as the game treats it as if you have known them and raised them (which the MC has), but since you the one playing actually haven't you don't really know who they are, which can be good for those who like to fill in the blanks and imagine, but even then it still needs more imo.
Kathy is the only one who delivered on her promise, really. Amanda started out really interesting, there was a really cute daughter-dad dynamic, I actually got invested in the whole thing of taking care of her. Then at some point she shifted into "replacement wife-mom". Honestly to me the model was never attractive, but I still found my pledge worth it 99% for her.

Reactions: bobdillan

scatfetish

May 17, 2018
I meant so only because otherwise the story in Whiskeytown would be a bit thin, so I want to make sure that I have forgotten nothing in Ch 8, or overlooked ...

greets

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Firstly- Wow, what an opening! The "best part of waking up, is Tabitha* in your lap". (Think Folger's jingle)
Secondly- Boooo, to the ending. :)

A lot of people bring up good points- the biggest issue, is changing the nature/dynamic/relationship with the "D" character- it creates issues such as these.
Real D - Cecilia has no claim/rights.
Buddy/Roomie/Childhood Friend (which is creepy if you stop and do that math) - The MC has no claim/rights.
  • The oddest thing is- WHY would you wait 18 years to finally track down your own niece? So, this just doesn't make a great deal of sense in any context.
  • We know that Lanie came from money, so it's not a stretch that her sister would as well.
  • The MC didn't go underground or off the grid (as far as we know), so Cecilia could have tried to find the D/Niece at any time.
  • The MC never met any of Lanie's family/saw pictures(?)- (If you go the D route)- otherwise, I guess it could/would make sense.
  • The D/Niece is old enough to make her own decisions- even if Cecilia was supposed to be her legal guardian if something happened to Lanie- her ward is an adult now and would nullify any of her rights. Plus a judge may wonder why it took you almost 2 decades to take custody of her...
In a way I feel bad for Palmer- not only did he have to change his original vision, but the P-Witch-hunt has forced him to tweak this idea to try and keep all parties concerned content. In their universe- this story might make a little more sense and have some type of cohesion. However, the story for those of us that are slightly deranged and perverted (*raises both hands) this story has created causality loops and/or paradoxes that are going to be a lot harder to resolve (or at the very least make any kind of logical sense). I will say that I think Palmer is a great writer/storyteller, judging from his previous releases- and I don't know how he managed to paint himself into this corner (yeah, I do- the "powers that be" stapled the brush to his hand), but I'm fairly confident that he will find someway to get himself out this seemingly impossible conundrum. :) (Fingers X'd)

*That's what I call her, feel free to substitute the name that you use into the song- it should still work. :)

somebody28

Mar 10, 2018
Is kathy the only sex scene?
Not sure, but I tried all sorts of combinations (Lying to Kathy/Telling the truth --> getting Kathy/Amanda/yourself drunk) and only found the Kathy sex scene (if you're wondering, by the way, you get that by lying to her in the diner --> toasting her and getting her drunk, while not drinking).

Amanda gets drunk after 2 shots, but there's no difference between 1 shots and no shots, so I don't think she has a hidden sex scene.

Or I'm missing something, rip.

3.50 star(s) 126 Votes