3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Lord Drama

Feb 27, 2018
I have the same problem, what have knight77. Can I do some backup from ofline version to online? I don't have this in option

knight77

Jul 23, 2017
I have the same problem, what have knight77. Can I do some backup from ofline version to online? I don't have this in option
I think we have to download the online version from ch3 and use the backup it givin at the first page.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, that works until one day between playing the previous and the next chapter, you happen to clear your browser's cache or the cache space becomes full and the oldest stuff gets deleted automatically :rolleyes:

I suggest you make a backup just after you have finished a chapter and are back on the main menu screen. That's the point to make a backup that'll work with the next chapter in case your game data gets lost from the cache. Cache isn't the place for safekeeping any data.
thx. Haven't been doing backups so I need to do backup of ch7 then.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
How do I make a backup then. Finished ch7 from a save just prior to then end and went back to the main screen but there is no option to do a backup there. Do I need to do the backup from the last screen just prior to when it starts giving the teasers for the next chapter?

Shpendik

Apr 18, 2018
Played offline (downloaded) untill chapter 7 and trying to play chapter 8 but there is no save, What do i do ?

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
Played offline (downloaded) untill chapter 7 and trying to play chapter 8 but there is no save, What do i do ?
Cracked versions are online save compatible. Offline saves will not work for online/cracked.

Should be explained/mentioned in OP (Original Post) on first page.

There may be a mod that converts them, not sure.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Think I got my answer from the OP. Downloaded version does not have a backup option so I apparently don't need to do a backup for it. I don't play the online version anymore.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Think I got my answer from the OP. Downloaded version does not have a backup option so I apparently don't need to do a backup for it. I don't play the online version anymore.
Yes, I was talking about the online and cracked versions that run in your browser. The offline version isn't running in your browser and save data goes into the "%localappdata\VNE2" folder.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Yes, I was talking about the online and cracked versions that run in your browser. The offline version isn't running in your browser and save data goes into the "%localappdata\VNE2" folder.
thx. I finally figured that out and should have done so as soon as you talked about deleted cache. So I'm good to go when ch8 is released for free.

knight77

Jul 23, 2017
Cracked versions are online save compatible. Offline saves will not work for online/cracked.

Should be explained/mentioned in OP (Original Post) on first page.

There may be a mod that converts them, not sure.
There is the converter,follow instructions.

Instructions:
1. Open application
2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VNE2
(this directory contains DFD files)
3. Press “Save as…” and save the file as .dat (I just save it as dfd_backup)
4. Import it into the online version
5. Bam, done!

To run the app, is required.

Reactions: amBest
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes