3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
Downloaded the offline 1-8. Played 1 and now trying to play 2, but it doesn't recognize me as having any saves: "load game" is not a working option on the start screen, and starting a new game then loading from the UI shows no saves. What's up? Is there a file I have to copy from the chapter 1 folder to chapter 2 folder? If so, which one and where is it? I searched this thread pretty thoroughly and can't find an answer. The offline 1-8 version has only been up since last Wednesday so maybe I'm the first reporting this? Thanks for any help. Also if I'm not just a dummy and the answer is not obvious then maybe the OP could be updated with how to do this so that others don't spam the same question.

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
snip
2- The offline version stores its saves in the appdata/local/vne files.
snip
I am playing offline attempting to go just from 1 to 2 but can not load a saved game. I find files charMap 0-7, logMap 0-7, saveMap 0-7, profile, and ga in this folder. What do I need to do?

normal it should work, play ch1 until end, exit, start ch2 new game ... saves are stored in C:\Users\***MY USERNAME***\AppData\Local\VNE2 for all offline versions, had never a prob with it
I'm looking at that folder. What am I supposed to see? I see charMap, logMap, and saveMap files for 0-7, also profile and ga. What's supposed to be there?

I just replayed the end of chapter 1 and made 2 additional saves and it added those saves to the appdata/local/vne file. But chapter 2 is just not reading those.

Grimlock

Jan 6, 2018
Question chapter 9 and 10 seems to be online only is there a way to get the offline version?
Also can´t seem to backup episode 8.

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
on ch2 you start a new game ... work fine here for all offline, tryd it and worked, no problem
the game look in this folder if a save exist when try to start the next ch new game ...
Those files names "continuity" do not exist. There's apparently no inter-chapter save continuity for the 1-8 offline version. Anyone else have this problem? Does it matter?

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
When I recently played chapter 1-8, the game automatically remembered the choices I had made in the earlier versions. Each chapter starts with a recap of what happened in the previous one.

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
When I recently played chapter 1-8, the game automatically remembered the choices I had made in the earlier versions. Each chapter starts with a recap of what happened in the previous one.

There's no real indication that it's doing that for me. I get a recap but there's no detailed reference to what actually went on or choices made ... just a general review of first chapter. No way that I would know that any variables impacted or choices made in first chapter made any difference in second. Is that how it's supposed to be? You can actually play the chapters independently of each other?

Heinz Becker

Jun 4, 2017
I don't mind if you're trying to crack it and if people want to play a crack rather than a free version. But we are going to use that as an opportunity to have some fun.
I REALLY like this attitude. You can't beat them, so have a laugh at them.
Generally I hate DRM, but in this case it adds a new dimension to this boring "when does this damn creator release the next update" discussion. Now we have "when do these damn crackers release the cracked version" a few minutes after the original release.
Have fun, Palmer, you deserve it!

Reactions: Palmer

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
@mmmonsterkill

1: Download the DatCreator ... ex. from here
2: Start Datcreator

Datcreator will now ask for the Savegame path
enter this path: C:\Users\***MY USERNAME***\AppData\Local\VNE2

in this Folder now a File data_ch6_bakup.dat is created, load this backup file in ch.9

have fun
Hi Trojaner,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks

P.S. I know, too many words just to say the tool helped!

Reactions: Krull

rubbermaid

Jun 21, 2018
for some reason, chapter 10 is extremely laggy and buggy for me. The framerate got butchered up and I can't load my safe file.

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
With all the anus talk during dinner I was expecting an anal scene :(. Regardless, this is such a great game, shame about the lack of incest though.

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
With all the anus talk during dinner I was expecting an anal scene :(. Regardless, this is such a great game, shame about the lack of incest though.
Well, if lovejoint stays on patreon, they have to adhere to the rules patreon imposes.

recatcher

Feb 16, 2018
The cracked versions have the CG in a folder. It's the main reason (well, aside from simply being wayyy more into this than is healthy, thanks Palmer!) I go after them the moment they pop up -- saves a lot of screencapping time.

kira00

Apr 30, 2018
How to have sex with Kathy in chapter 9??
here you go man
-Go see her
-We only talked
-Its you who has the attitude
-Keep it
-I`ve got no problem inviting Heidi
-To ..... Café
-2x dont drink
-cussed out a customer...
-dont drink
-Taken a photo...
-2x dont drink
-Gotten naked in the diner
-Ok but lets do it quick

-credit to ElMatadorDelMar-

im unable to backup my file on chapter 8 do you know how can i back it up
if u cant backup using the chrome browser, switch to mozilla and voila

chapter 10 guide for heidi

- A restaurant
- is there something between...
- is that your way of...
- ill have the ravioli
- Do you miss your bar?
- How do you like your work?
- How do you like your colleagues?
- wait for blake to return
- Yes, lets go

Modder
Sep 29, 2017
Heidi's Scene: - Kathy and I are just friends > Sure, tonight? > A restaurant > Is there something between you and blake? > Is that your way of telling me a rim job is out of the question? > Any option for dinner > Wait for Blake to return > Yes, let’s go >

Source: Walkthrough.

Reactions: Trojaner

Yamakasi20

May 17, 2017
unpopular opinion, was not sure at all when started the game a few months back... retried it now from chapter 8, and though only interested in Amanda, if this is going in her sick twisted
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
way... I'm totally jumping in the hype train.

RandomGuy312

Jul 9, 2018
Hey, I'm new and a total idiot when it comes to computers, so how do I start up the cracked Chapter 9? I downloaded the file from the link from Mega because I don't know which one is better. Now how do I play it? Btw I already have a backup from Chapter 8 so I ain't worried about that.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
@YaYa_UnTIN2 you have to thank the coder of the Datcreator, found it sometime here on the thread, think it was released sometime after the phyton script ... ;)
Hi Trojaner,

Well, I'm thanking you because I would never have gotten pass version 5 offline without the Datcreator.

If nothing else, thanks for finding the little gem of a program. :cool:

I'm patiently waiting for the official offline versions of 9, 10 and so on to be released by some Great F95 benefactor of new releases that supplies us with the goodies. :D

Reactions: Trojaner

Gamer_Dan92

Apr 26, 2018
Is there any kind of guides or walkthroughs for these? I feel like when I could afford to be a patron for Palmer there was

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes