3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

psychoc4t

Oct 7, 2017
I think its obvious Chapter 12+ won't be released for free on their own like the first 11 Chapters were, they have always said their game would be released for free which is all they have been saying over these last few pages and lacking anything about the Chapters for free or WHEN we might expect Chapter 12 free.

They have also said that when its completed it will be available in one file/part/game and not just in the individual chapters it currently is and be available free. So its obvious to me we will have to wait for it to be completed to get Chapter 12+ for free.

However I will appreciate being proven wrong

JonasSnr

Sep 25, 2018
Any hint on when Chapter 12 will be release Palmer or it won't come out for free anymore?
The free schedule appears to be bi monthly (every 2 months) and as CH11 was released for free 12 Oct 2018, i expect CH12 free release around mid Dec 2018, but could slip a week or three. Patron releases appear to be every month end, but don't quote me on any of this, just go to for more info.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Ok first of all I'm a bit sick of being level headed on this topic and I've avoided posting about this knowing that I won't be as level headed. Mods, if you're reading this, I've scaled back on what I really want to say but if you do find it breaches the rules, feel free to delete this post.

Uh...huh. So I just read the comment above me. Now I feel like an idiot for asking. I know what difference between official and cracked version now.
Hopefully now you know how it feels like to be a regular on some of the threads and you see the same question get asked numerous times especially when the answer's just above you.

The free schedule appears to be bi monthly (every 2 months) and as CH11 was released for free 12 Oct 2018, i expect CH12 free release around mid Dec 2018, but could slip a week or three. Patron releases appear to be every month end, but don't quote me on any of this, just go to for more info.
So excluding the lateness with chapter 11, @Palmer was kind enough to release a free version of latest chapter between 4 - 6 weeks after the Patreon release (So when chapter 9 was released on Patreon, around 6 weeks later during the middle of the month, Palmer released the free version of chapter 9). Each month had the Patreon update and the free version of the latest chapter minus 2. The system was working fine until chapter 11's release of the free version when it was delayed by a number of months causing all havoc to reign supreme across here and especially on his blog.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As the chapter 11 release was 2 1/2 months after Patreon had access to it which was unusual compared to his previous releases, it's best to say that it'll be released when @Palmer wants it to be released (Thanks in advance for confirming that you still like it to be released freely. We're very appreciative of it!). I know it won't end the questions but realistically there's never been a free release schedule, it was just an expectation that was set because it was always the case.

Lndlordd

Apr 27, 2017
Correct me if i am wrong but every chapter from 1-10 was released six weeks after official release with the cracked version availabe prior to that...for chapter 11 (when DRM was introduced making it harder to crack) it was released after 7 weeks, more specifically a day/ a few hours after someone managed to crack it....for chapter 12 its been 9+ weeks after official release but no free update...it seems like the free releases are only released when there hav been cracked versions floating around, in order to counter that.....

As the creator, palmer has every right to decide wether or not he wants to release a free version....its a product of his hardwork....but a little transparency would be nice....if he intends to release the free version only after the game is finished or not at all, thats fine.....but now it seems like the promise of free release is only to dissuade hackers from wasting their time pairating this game...

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Correct me if i am wrong but every chapter from 1-10 was released six weeks after official release with the cracked version availabe prior to that...for chapter 11 (when DRM was introduced making it harder to crack) it was released after 7 weeks, more specifically a day/ a few hours after someone managed to crack it....
So to clarify, Patreon release of chapter 11 was 1st of August. The final free release of chapter 11 as @JonasSnr mentioned was 12th of October so around 2 1/2 months.

As the creator, palmer has every right to decide wether or not he wants to release a free version....its a product of his hardwork....but a little transparency would be nice....if he intends to release the free version only after the game is finished or not at all, thats fine.....but now it seems like the promise of free release is only to dissuade hackers from wasting their time pairating this game...
If you're a patron sure you're allowed transparency but as a someone waiting on a free version, it's up to @Palmer if he wants to let us know his plans. Sure you can take that view and, simply, I'll agree to disagree with you. Detailing why would take far too long after my rant.

JonasSnr

Sep 25, 2018
Ok first of all I'm a bit sick of being level headed on this topic and I've avoided posting about this knowing that I won't be as level headed. Mods, if you're reading this, I've scaled back on what I really want to say but if you do find it breaches the rules, feel free to delete this post.

Hopefully now you know how it feels like to be a regular on some of the threads and you see the same question get asked numerous times especially when the answer's just above you.

So excluding the lateness with chapter 11, @Palmer was kind enough to release a free version of latest chapter between 4 - 6 weeks after the Patreon release (So when chapter 9 was released on Patreon, around 6 weeks later during the middle of the month, Palmer released the free version of chapter 9). Each month had the Patreon update and the free version of the latest chapter minus 2. The system was working fine until chapter 11's release of the free version when it was delayed by a number of months causing all havoc to reign supreme across here and especially on his blog.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As the chapter 11 release was 2 1/2 months after Patreon had access to it which was unusual compared to his previous releases, it's best to say that it'll be released when @Palmer wants it to be released (Thanks in advance for confirming that you still like it to be released freely. We're very appreciative of it!). I know it won't end the questions but realistically there's never been a free release schedule, it was just an expectation that was set because it was always the case.
Ok, thanks for clarification on release dates both Patreon, and when gamers can expect the free one to drop. I keep a text file on when updates are expected in the game folder, and mine is now updated for DfD, and stops me annoying regulars like you. :cool::cool:

I was simply trying to help out ranma100 by giving a "guide" on when the freebie might be out, and pointing to the Patreon site so ranma100 can bookmark it. But all good:cool:

Is there any mileage on adding the update schedule on the OP? just a thought.

Reactions: ranma100

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Ok, thanks for clarification on release dates both Patreon, and when gamers can expect the free one to drop. I keep a text file on when updates are expected in the game folder, and mine is now updated for DfD, and stops me annoying regulars like you. :cool::cool:

I was simply trying to help out ranma100 by giving a "guide" on when the freebie might be out, and pointing to the Patreon site so ranma100 can bookmark it. But all good:cool:
I knew you were trying to help so I wasn't having a go at you. Thanks for trying to help though and sorry if it seemed like I was having a go at you. It was more around those who decided they should get it on x date because it always came on x date and when it didn't come they made sure the gods of thunder struck down on all who opposed them. Or at least they tried and caused a s***storm in the process.

Is there any mileage on adding the update schedule on the OP? just a thought.
Normally it's a pretty good suggestion. Experience shows that it'll be completely ignored. Take the Man of the House thread as an example. In the OP, there's a line telling people to read the change log in bold red capitalized text. People ignore it and still ask the same questions in the thread.

Basically it's like getting a monocle. When you decide to rely on it, you'll spend your time focused and looking on one bit that you forget/ignore everything else that's actually important.

Reactions: ranma100

JonasSnr

Sep 25, 2018
I knew you were trying to help so I wasn't having a go at you. Thanks for trying to help though and sorry if it seemed like I was having a go at you. It was more around those who decided they should get it on x date because it always came on x date and when it didn't come they made sure the gods of thunder struck down on all who opposed them. Or at least they tried and caused a s***storm in the process.

Normally it's a pretty good suggestion. Experience shows that it'll be completely ignored. Take the Man of the House thread as an example. In the OP, there's a line telling people to read the change log in bold red capitalized text. People ignore it and still ask the same questions in the thread.

Basically it's like getting a monocle. When you decide to rely on it, you'll spend your time focused and looking on one bit that you forget/ignore everything else that's actually important.
Ok all good :cool: and understand about the OP, but i must be an odd ball, as i always go to the OP and wade through all the posts. I really must get out more!!!

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Ok all good :cool: and understand about the OP, but i must be an odd ball, as i always go to the OP and wade through all the posts. I really must get out more!!!
Lol no you're trying to make sure that you're completely aware of what's been posted which is a good thing here. Keep it up and you'll fit right in :) Just don't follow my lead and write a rant here lol x'D

Lndlordd

Apr 27, 2017
So to clarify, Patreon release of chapter 11 was 1st of August. The final free release of chapter 11 as @JonasSnr mentioned was 12th of October so around 2 1/2 months.

If you're a patron sure you're allowed transparency but as a someone waiting on a free version, it's up to @Palmer if he wants to let us know his plans. Sure you can take that view and, simply, I'll agree to disagree with you. Detailing why would take far too long after my rant.
Chapter 11 was officially released for free on september 27 or 28th a few hours after someone cracked it.....the date on the OP which i am assuming u r going by was for fixed version of ch 11..coz people were running into errors or something of that sort....every chapter prior to this has been released within 6-8 week after official release as stated on patreon.....

Also as I already stated, palmer is free to decide if and when to release....all i said was he should be upfront about his plans as he has specifically stated sevral times that all his games are released for free (6-8 weeks)....

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Chapter 11 was officially released for free on september 27 or 28th a few hours after someone cracked it.....the date on the OP which i am assuming u r going by was for fixed version of ch 11..coz people were running into errors or something of that sort....every chapter prior to this has been released within 6-8 week after official release as stated on patreon.....

Also as I already stated, palmer is free to decide if and when to release....all i said was he should be upfront about his plans as he has specifically stated sevral times that all his games are released for free (6-8 weeks)....
Chapter 11 was released for free Oct 12 (~10 weeks after Patreon release). Previous to that we released a beta on our Discord (~8 weeks after Patreon release). To restate what we've said before and what it says on our Discord #info channel: the time frame for the free versions are aproximately 6-8 weeks after Patreon release. This particular finished release was delayed due to a host of reasons, such as upgrading our engine so the game consumes less vRAM and is playable on more phones, etc. This is why we released a beta after approxmiately 8 weeks instead of a finished free chapter riddled with issues.

You are stating inaccuracies and incorrect information. Is that upfront enough for you? :)

ranma100

Oct 23, 2017
Thanks JonasSnr and Walgreens for helping me understand better about this game releasing date. I was just assuming that the free version will be released 6 weeks after Patreon got it, but this is not the case with this game. You're right about if Palmer want to release it then it's up to him, it is his hard work so he have every right to either post it for free nor not. Thanks Palmer for clarifying everything above, I'm just gonna have to wait for it.

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
Thanks JonasSnr and Walgreens for helping me understand better about this game releasing date. I was just assuming that the free version will be released 6 weeks after Patreon got it, but this is not the case with this game. You're right about if Palmer want to release it then it's up to him, it is his hard work so he have every right to either post it for free nor not. Thanks Palmer for clarifying everything above, I'm just gonna have to wait for it.
Also, it's not just about Palmer wanting to free release a chapter, prioritization of tasks comes into play, as I don't foresee any work being put into the free releases the first few days and last week of the month, because they need to release a new chapter each month.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes