3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

kenVBliar

Sep 4, 2018
When you ignore best girl Lily and other bitches because of arbitrary morals and wanting to get a good ending with second best girl Amanda, then play through ch 12 only to find out you're both drifting apart regardless.
I agree with this assessment. I wish it was more of a choice which one to choose.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
IMO, Chapter 12 really jumped the shark. It's bad enough that Moe, the MC's friend for many years is now going behind the MC's back and conspiring with those trying to hurt the MC. Not happy about that, but it's not too unreasonable if one assumes that Moe isn't playing with a full deck. But to suddenly, and I mean suddenly, have Amanda doing the same shit is beyond crazy. In the previous chapter she was madly in love with the MC. Now she's not only cold and distant, but she's looking for truth from someone who's already stated that she wants to destroy her father (and therefore has plenty of motive to lie about her father). The same father that Amanda has been in love with? The father that has spent the past 18+ years raising her, and is so devoted to her that he's centered his whole life around making her happy? The same father that recently drove across the country to fix a jukebox just to make Amanda happy? The father who, despite his promise to her mother, told Amanda the truth?

Amanda is behaving ridiculously and unbelievably. And the worst part of all of this is that it's all being rammed down our throats without the player having any damned choice in the matter at all.

mustbebetween

Nov 25, 2018
In the main menu on the right side, you can customize what she calls you and what your relationship with her is. I just changed "childhood friend" to daughter/father respectively and then the others buddy>daddy and bud>dad. Real simple and effective.
Registered solely to give Big Thumbs. tytyty

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
What problem?
The problem with the game jumping the shark. Started when Moe began acting weird with the MC (which the MC comments on several times). Culminates in Amanda doing something uncharacteristic (and remarkably stupid) in Ch.12.

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
The problem with the game jumping the shark. Started when Moe began acting weird with the MC (which the MC comments on several times). Culminates in Amanda doing something uncharacteristic (and remarkably stupid) in Ch.12.
To be fair, Amanda is much younger than the mc and started acting differently after ch 8.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
To be fair, Amanda is much younger than the mc and started acting differently after ch 8.
If you're trying to use age as an excuse for her behaving uncharacteristically (counter to the deep love and lust she's had for the MC) and stupidly, it's a pretty weak argument.

"Oh, shucks, along comes my aunt, who hasn't cared enough about me during the past 18 years to make any effort to try to contact me, and she admits that she wants to hurt my dad -- who I adore and has raised me. Guess I'll listen to whatever (lies) she has to say. She couldn't possibly have an evil agenda. Nope. She's my aunt, right? She wouldn't hurt me. But my dad, whom I've known my entire life, I can't trust. He must be keeping secrets. But my aunt? Why would she have any secrets (other than what she's been doing for the past 18 years and why she's suddenly interested in me)?"

The MC helps that scumbag Saul, and then Saul quits his job and helps Cecelia stab the MC in the back. Amanda is okay with this? Really? And Moe is okay with it too?

Amanda's behavior is, not to put too fine a point on it, absurd. Even more so than Moe (who's cozying up to a stranger and her sleazy sidekick Saul, whom Moe hated just a few chapters earlier). We're expected to just accept this crap?

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
If you're trying to use age as an excuse for her behaving uncharacteristically (counter to the deep love and lust she's had for the MC) and stupidly, it's a pretty weak argument.

"Oh, shucks, along comes my aunt, who hasn't cared enough about me during the past 18 years to make any effort to try to contact me, and she admits that she wants to hurt my dad -- who I adore and has raised me. Guess I'll listen to whatever (lies) she has to say. She couldn't possibly have an evil agenda. Nope. She's my aunt, right? She wouldn't hurt me. But my dad, whom I've known my entire life, I can't trust. He must be keeping secrets. But my aunt? Why would she have any secrets (other than what she's been doing for the past 18 years and why she's suddenly interested in me)?"

The MC helps that scumbag Saul, and then Saul quits his job and helps Cecelia stab the MC in the back. Amanda is okay with this? Really? And Moe is okay with it too?

Amanda's behavior is, not to put too fine a point on it, absurd. Even more so than Moe (who's cozying up to a stranger and her sleazy sidekick Saul, whom Moe hated just a few chapters earlier). We're expected to just accept this crap?
I’m not using it as an argument, just looking at it from another angle. Dfd isn’t finished yet and we should know the what/why/etc later on.

Edit: I stated age because she may not be fully matured, because how many young adults are fully matured?

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Being a so-called adult is not a reliable indicator of maturity, regardless of age. Just look at politicians, especially American ones, for proof. :mad::cry:

Last edited:

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
Being a so-called adult is not a reliable indicator of maturity, regardless of age. Just look at politicians, especially American ones, for proof. :mad::cry:
Yes but typically younger people are less mature. I’m not touching anything related to politics, it’s a shitshow

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
doesn't mean we should accept shit writing.
You're right, we shouldn't. I get the impression that the dev ran out of ideas once he had the MC complete the bedding of every female in his proximity (except for Veronica). So he decided to inflict some silly drama from far afield just to spice things up and keep the Patreon dollars rolling in. Instead of steering the game towards a conclusion and then moving on to a new project.

Reactions: hyper321

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
You're right, we shouldn't. I get the impression that the dev ran out of ideas once he had the MC complete the bedding of every female in his proximity (except for Veronica). So he decided to inflict some silly drama from far afield just to spice things up and keep the Patreon dollars rolling in. Instead of steering the game towards a conclusion and then moving on to a new project.
Not every female, lily and Cecilia haven’t been banged.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Not every female, lily and Cecilia haven’t been banged.
Cecelia isn't a viable 'love' target. She's the newest buzzkill for the MC. Lily, OTOH, is a love interest ... and the MC has already gotten to second base with her (he pulled back, not her). It's only a matter of time before the MC bangs Lily, assuming he succumbs to his urges (as he has thus far, if players are going for all of the sex scenes).

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
Cecelia isn't a viable 'love' target. She's the newest buzzkill for the MC. Lily, OTOH, is a love interest ... and the MC has already gotten to second base with her (he pulled back, not her). It's only a matter of time before the MC bangs Lily, assuming he succumbs to his urges (as he has thus far, if players are going for all of the sex scenes).
I’m hoping for a Cecilia hate fuck. Not every female needs to be a love interest, look at Olivia and Veronica

Reactions: babell
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes