3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Like I said, I don't have to "play the other chapters" to go off what chapters I have played. Unless you're telling you have some magical excuse that makes this make sense.

With what I have right now, the fact that Amanda immediately turns her head from the MC isn't a good look. And is quite poor.

Unless you're pulling out the ol' unreliable narrator, which puts more credence into a plot that nobody really thinks this game needs.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Still doesn't explain her instant hatred of the MC. Bad writing is bad writing. Lets not sugarcoat it. :mad:
If you want every single answer in one chapter; don't play DFD. This is a series that develops with each chapter. If you can't handle that, play something else :)

Thanks for your feedback!

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Like I said, I don't have to "play the other chapters" to go off what chapters I have played. Unless you're telling you have some magical excuse that makes this make sense.

With what I have right now, the fact that Amanda immediately turns her head from the MC isn't a good look. And is quite poor.

Unless you're pulling out the ol' unreliable narrator, which puts more credence into a plot that nobody really thinks this game needs.
Then don't play the other free chapters to find out why.

Have a good weekend bud!

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
To be honest, Intimate Relations might actually be the worst example, because what started out as completely different ways to play the game (depending on which character acted submissive or dominant) has let go of that innovative approach and actually doesn't have that much variation anymore.

If you play through the different options, most of the content is the same by now. Of course choices still matter, you either get with the doctor, hump every woman in the game, your wife has left you or not, but I do feel that Ptolemy went back from his original plans to a more conventional system.
True but

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

OK so not the most decisions ever, but similar to a lot of games on this Forum.
Its the same argument used in the Skyrim vs Witcher 3
One is more generic and open. The other is more linear and story driven.

Reactions: botc76

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
There's definitely a somewhat valid excuse, but it doesn't really excuse her behavior.
It just depends. Most of us haven't played the $20 Patreon version. If the aunt had GPS location spreadsheets, recorded phone calls, and video of her father brutally murdering her mother, then she could be justified in doing her damned best to avoid him and not bringing up the subject out of fear for her own safety.

On the other hand, if it's something stupid like some form of alleged financial mismanagement committed with her mother's assets (with the only proof being some easily photo-shopped scraps of accounting documents), then she'd have no reason to fear asking him about it. She would be unjustifiably acting more like a one-night-stand he just met and less like a lifelong family member and companion at that point.

There's people who know, but apparently not the chatty types. At any rate, I think one of the larger problems was that enormous gap between the free release and the patreon releases. Palmer is getting a lot of negative feedback right now (and for the last few months, really) that he couldn't do much about because the future was (literally) already written so his reaction time to fan feedback was pretty much impossibly long (if, of course, he thought it was worth making a change). Regardless, he's doing a fantastic job of not spinning around and smacking some of these whiny bitches. Honestly. Patience of a saint.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
It just depends. Most of us haven't played the $20 Patreon version. If the aunt had GPS location spreadsheets, recorded phone calls, and video of her father brutally murdering her mother, then she is could be justified in doing her damned best to avoid him and not bringing up the subject out of fear for her own safety.

On the other hand, if it's something stupid like some form of alleged financial mismanagement committed with her mother's assets (with the only proof being some easily photo-shopped scraps of accounting documents) that she'd have no reason to fear asking him about, then she is unjustifiably acting more like a one-night-stand he just met and less like a lifelong family member and companion.

There's people who know, but apparently not the chatty types. At any rate, I think one of the larger problems was that enormous gap between the free release and the patreon releases. Palmer is getting a lot of negative feedback right now (and for the last few months, really) that he couldn't do much about because the future was (literally) already written so his reaction time to fan feedback was pretty much impossibly long (if, of course, he thought it was worth making a change).
Well, first off, I assume you mean $10 Patreon version, because the $20 is just bonus content that doesn't relate to the story. Secondly, I have played the Patreon versions, and I'm telling you: it's not a great excuse. Trust me, it's just not. If you want me to spoil it for you, I will, but otherwise, just trust me when I say that it does not excuse her irritating behavior.

Reactions: qwerty76423578

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Look. Im obviousy not the only person talking about how poorly this thing is written. You want to pull out the "play something else" line that's fine by me, but its a terrible fucking excuse for the steamy pile of writing you obviously approved for release. I have caught hints here or there from others that this dirt the aunt brought up is absolutely a ridiculous excuse for why the Amanda character acts the way she does towards the MC.

Just admit you fucked up with the storyline and I'm sure people will just move on and enjoy the good parts of this game. But this crap about just wait and see this amazing reason why the central love interest just betrays the MC is not going over well AT ALL.

Reactions: qwerty76423578

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Well, first off, I assume you mean $10 Patreon version, because the $20 is just bonus content that doesn't relate to the story. Secondly, I have played the Patreon versions, and I'm telling you: it's not a great excuse. Trust me, it's just not. If you want me to spoil it for you, I will, but otherwise, just trust me when I say that it does not excuse her irritating behavior.
YES. PLEASE GOD SPOIL IT!

I know its going to be even more infuriating but have at it.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
There's definitely a somewhat valid excuse, but it doesn't really excuse her behavior. At least not in my opinion. Being someone's daughter for 18+ years and then being in a love interest with their dad should vastly outrank the bullshit that Celia is throwing her way. Don't want to spoil anything if you're not up to date with the latest chapters, but believe me, it's not that great of a lie so as to excuse her behavior. She doesn't even try to hear his side of the story and automatically assumes her Aunt is telling the whole truth, which is just sickeningly naive and annoying as fuck.

That's a shame, but at least you KNOW what you are talking about because you know the excuse.

BTW. I'm not trying to excuse Amanda's behaviour in any way, I was pretty repulsed by how she acted suddenly, but she isn't even alone with it, Moe is being as much of a bitch as she is.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
YES. PLEASE GOD SPOIL IT!

I know its going to be even more infuriating but have at it.
But with spoilers please, as annoying as it is to wait another month, I want to read it in the story not know it already.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Well then, nice to know I won't be missing much action by avoiding these.

So much potential just kinda thrown away for a hack-eyed story that forgoes logic for the sake of plot.

It's like a Coeur fic!

Good luck Palmer.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Alright, you asked for it.
You have got to be fucking kidding me... That's it? I mean really that's the whole reason she went full-on bitch mode to the MC?

What a waste of a previously great character in Amanda... did the writers just get bored lol

Thank you DrFog

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Look. Im obviousy not the only person talking about how poorly this thing is written. You want to pull out the "play something else" line that's fine by me, but its a terrible fucking excuse for the steamy pile of writing you obviously approved for release. I have caught hints here or there from others that this dirt the aunt brought up is absolutely a ridiculous excuse for why the Amanda character acts the way she does towards the MC.

Just admit you fucked up with the storyline and I'm sure people will just move on and enjoy the good parts of this game. But this crap about just wait and see this amazing reason why the central love interest just betrays the MC is not going over well AT ALL.
We are extremely proud what we manage to accomplish every single month (while developing two other games), and then release it for free. You are not; so play something else :)

Reactions: Sesshon

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017
Alright, you asked for it.
I came here to ask if everyone was as confused as me about how the plot is going,
What i didnt know was that there was an almost 2 chapter difference in releases (Chapt 16).

Kathy and Heidi ftw

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes