3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
Let me know when the story is dumped on for being childish or when the story just wants the D or is stupid enough to believe strangers because then it's story bashing

But yeah she's acting out of character, that's the point, that's why the MC is worried. The issue is big enough to shake her that way. And sure, not every single-parent child will do that, or whatever, but some would. And that's enough to make it possible that this one would. She's wrong to be swayed, and you know that and I know that, but she doesn't know that yet, that's the point of the story being told.
Yes you are right if it would be for a reason and as far as a know the reason why she acts out of character is just stupid!!

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
I just love how this has blown up in the same way AL blew up virtually on similar topics.
why not if we write nothing that's harmful or insulting to the creator/dev or the opposed opinion then it's totally fine by me.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
why not if we write nothing that's harmful or insulting to the creator/dev or the opposed opinion then it's totally fine by me.
It's also a matter of interpretation too. You might not think it's harmful but to @Palmer or others, it might be seen that way.

The way I see it, it's partly a matter of foreshadowing and partly a matter of character development both issues that were talked about extensively in AL. Since you guys have beaten it to death, I'm just going to sit this one out.

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
What I find hilarious and frustrating is while Amanda is basically ghosting her father, Moe is the one who seems more conflicted and actually tries to convey his indecision to the MC, by saying something about a moral dilemma that he can't tell the MC about fully. That seems backwards. Moe should be the one giving the MC the cold shoulder, and Amanda should be the one being conflicted by wanting to come to her father about this issue but feeling unable to do so without revealing everything. But we've seen nothing of that. It seems that she can't stand to even be in the same room as him. And again, no, sex doesn't cut it. If she's going to run hot and cold, it would have to be consistent, and at present it's an outlier.

The problem isn't that Amanda is turning against her father at all or even that the aunt is capable of breaking them up. But how it has been handled has felt like a misstep. Even if the aunt presented her with proof, even if Moe supported it, I find it difficult to believe that Amanda wouldn't at least want to get a sense whether her father was hiding something, rather than backing off entirely as step 1. Maybe she tries to talk to the MC but he's always busy training Lily, and then she finds out about the date with heidi or the Lily kiss, and then decides that maybe she can't trust him as much as she thought and begins to trust her aunt instead. And maybe, if we ever get a chapter from Amanda's perspective, that all might be true, except for two things 1- she never tried to talk to the MC in the first instance, and 2- if the player chooses not to date heidi or kiss lily (like I didn't), Amanda has no reason not to trust her father.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
What I find hilarious and frustrating is while Amanda is basically ghosting her father, Moe is the one who seems more conflicted and actually tries to convey his indecision to the MC, by saying something about a moral dilemma that he can't tell the MC about fully. That seems backwards. Moe should be the one giving the MC the cold shoulder, and Amanda should be the one being conflicted by wanting to come to her father about this issue but feeling unable to do so without revealing everything. But we've seen nothing of that. It seems that she can't stand to even be in the same room as him. And again, no, sex doesn't cut it. If she's going to run hot and cold, it would have to be consistent, and at present it's an outlier.

The problem isn't that Amanda is turning against her father at all or even that the aunt is capable of breaking them up. But how it has been handled has felt like a misstep. Even if the aunt presented her with proof, even if Moe supported it, I find it difficult to believe that Amanda wouldn't at least want to get a sense whether her father was hiding something, rather than backing off entirely as step 1. Maybe she tries to talk to the MC but he's always busy training Lily, and then she finds out about the date with heidi or the Lily kiss, and then decides that maybe she can't trust him as much as she thought and begins to trust her aunt instead. And maybe, if we ever get a chapter from Amanda's perspective, that all might be true, except for two things 1- she never tried to talk to the MC in the first instance, and 2- if the player chooses not to date heidi or kiss lily (like I didn't), Amanda has no reason not to trust her father.
The way I see it, it's partly a matter of foreshadowing and partly a matter of character development both issues that were talked about extensively in AL.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Oh well, after having played to game as far as I can for the moment, I see why ch. 13/14 are so discussed.
While I think that the aunt conflict has potential and that she can in some branches seperate Father and Daughter, it´s implementation went horribly wrong.
Even accounting for late-teenager behaviour, what we see in 13/14 comes across as character assassination. Amanda going this cold and petty, starting to live in the house of an a... aunt is such a character flaw which should at least have "Chekoved" well before. But the Amanda we knew from the former chapters is a rather grown-up person, bringing the Diner back into the black numbers.
As it stands now Amanda is believing a person who openly wants to ruin the MC at all costs, gave a ... about Amanda for 18 years and had long enough time to fabricate stuff.
@Palmer states end-teenage behaviour as a big reason for that, but as I wrote before that is not enough, esp. with the Amanda we know. Even the mindfuck teenager emotions can be, how amanda behaves is not fitting.
She does not ask the MC about his side of the story, she went cold and standoffish within the drop of a hat (and no that single sex scene in 14 is too little and comes off as an outlier)...
As I said, the idea of the aunt conflict is good, but how it was implemented was not the best, that is at least my opinion.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I think this dead horse could definately handle a lot more beating =)

But ill give credit where credit is do. The writers did such a good job developing the Amanda character that if feels like a betrayal to the player not just MC.

Continue with the beatings =)

Reactions: Frank01

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Let me ask the Amanda supporters a question.

How does she explain to her father/lover that she even questioned wether he was indeed guilty of the thing her aunt is telling her that he has done. How do you ever come back from believing your father/lover was capable of keeping up the lie for so many years? Its hard to not slip up for 18 years...

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
None of that is her opinion, that's her aunts opinion pushed onto her.

She's backed off because she has no opinion of her own and doesn't know what to think.

The problem with your last statement is she's still getting that D. So this money stealing, mother killing arsehole is still railing her pussy.

Not only does she carry on with the kids tantrum she still wants her lolly pop at the end of the day.

How does she explain to her father/lover that she even questioned wether he was indeed guilty of the thing her aunt is telling her that he has done. How do you ever come back from believing your father/lover was capable of keeping up the lie for so many years? Its hard to not slip up for 18 years...
Amanda was "lollipop"-deficent . case closed

recatcher

Feb 16, 2018

[shrug] She admits it was a mistake. Doubt is a hell of a drug, and mindfuckery takes over fast. But it's ultimately still the wrong choice, and I expect once things are cleared up she'll know that.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
[shrug] She admits it was a mistake. Doubt is a hell of a drug, and mindfuckery takes over fast. But it's ultimately still the wrong choice, and I expect once things are cleared up she'll know that.
And at that moment she realizes she done fucked up the best thing in her life I hope with all my heart we get to just crush her soul and kick her ass to the curb =)

Lay in your bed of shame bitch!!

To much? =)

Reactions: McWoodz

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So, to my final post on the matter.....

In order for their to be any doubt at all in Amanda's mind she has to believe that the man she claims to "love" (term used very, very loosely) is capable of stealing from her sick mother and leaving her to die alone and broke taking the very money that could have saved her which in turn looks like a form of manslaughter (actions leading to death).

That is all fact because if that doubt did not exist then this story line would not exist so a part of her believes the man that raised her and the man she loves is a despicable human being.

Now riddle me this.....

Even if Amanda was to admit she was in the wrong, just how does a relationship recover from this to live happily ever after?

Without some major mental gymnastics it's very hard to believe.

Sure, I can see him forgive her as a father figure but even then there would always be distance between them now with him knowing just what his "daughter" and one time lover thought about him.

The doubt, the trust issues and the thought that anything could cause her to turn again would linger for years leading to one awkward relationship.

There are some things that you just don't come back from to get things how they used to be and the girl he gave his life and soul into raising believing he is capable of doing that to a woman he loved is one of those things.

We also have to take into account that the MC is sleeping with several women so even if Amanda was committed to a relationship between the two of them, he doesn't come across that way.

Before people start getting defensive, i'm not slamming the game or the story but it's a massive stretch to see any good come from any of this with those two.

We also have to look at the kind of fallout this situation has. We've got Moe looking at jail time, a lot of jail time. Then there is the massive oversight that if the aunt really did have evidence of this happening, why has she not started legal proceedings to get it back?

I really don't see a way that the MC and Amanda have any sort of happy outcome.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes