3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

somebody28

Mar 10, 2018
One of my issues with this story is that choices don't seem to matter beyond "Will you have sex with this woman?"

You never had a choice to turn Amanda down for good - I should know, I replayed the whole game trying every bad option with her. And that doesn't influence you turning down Lily in the alley, for example - it just always happens.

Similarly, you don't even have the choice not to break into Mortelli's office. And then he'll always point a gun at you.

Even if the character's choices have consequences, it sure doesn't feel like the player's choices have consequences.

Reactions: sadfasdsfsfdsfds

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
One of my issues with this story is that choices don't seem to matter beyond "Will you have sex with this woman?"

You never had a choice to turn Amanda down for good - I should know, I replayed the whole game trying every bad option with her. And that doesn't influence you turning down Lily in the alley, for example - it just always happens.

Similarly, you don't even have the choice not to break into Mortelli's office. And then he'll always point a gun at you.

Even if the character's choices have consequences, it sure doesn't feel like the player's choices have consequences.
DFD is coming to an end. As Palmer said, that’s when we should really see the choices matter.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
She's been called childish, having a kids tantrum, just sticking around because she wants the d, and compared to stupid people who'll believe anything a stranger says.
Dude I know people like this IRL. And they are not teenagers, they are in their 40's. In a loveless marriage and act spoiled but love the sex so they stay, but are emotionally checked out of the relationship. it is not just 18 year olds that act that way.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
So, to my final post on the matter.....

In order for their to be any doubt at all in Amanda's mind she has to believe that the man she claims to "love" (term used very, very loosely) is capable of stealing from her sick mother and leaving her to die alone and broke taking the very money that could have saved her which in turn looks like a form of manslaughter (actions leading to death).

That is all fact because if that doubt did not exist then this story line would not exist so a part of her believes the man that raised her and the man she loves is a despicable human being.

Now riddle me this.....

Even if Amanda was to admit she was in the wrong, just how does a relationship recover from this to live happily ever after?

Without some major mental gymnastics it's very hard to believe.

Sure, I can see him forgive her as a father figure but even then there would always be distance between them now with him knowing just what his "daughter" and one time lover thought about him.
The doubt, the trust issues and the thought that anything could cause her to turn again would linger for years leading to one awkward relationship.
There are some things that you just don't come back from to get things how they used to be and the girl he gave his life and soul into raising believing he is capable of doing that to a woman he loved is one of those things.
Thank you for writing this so I do need to do it! :)
This is one of the reasons why I wrote in an earlier post that the Aunt had potential but was horribly implemented. It already takes massive mental gymnastics to give Amanda even a sliver of doubt.
Until the aunt pops up Amanda is
a) a relatively grown-up person for her 18 years
b) knows her Dad loves her, has raised her alone most of the time
c) knows her Dad loved her Mom, even kept the old jukebox
d) Dad is always there for her when she has problems

The aunt herself
a) openly wants to ruin the MC at all costs
b) did not give a damn about Amanda for all her life
c) had a lot of time to fabricate stuff she wants
d) she accuses the MC not of simple stealing, which can be made believable with fake stuff rather well, but of stealing from someone deathly ill, money which could have saved her. That is despicable and you have to be quite a piece of human excrement to do something like that. You have to be close to the moral event horizon to do this and might be depending on the country a manslaughter or murder offense.
Even with some fake evidence you would think twice about if the person who raised you lovingly for all your life is capable of something like this.

And here the storyline how it went goes down the drain. The Amanda we knew from the 13 chapters before has zero reason to believe her Dad to be such a despicable vile person like her (absent all life)aunt tries to paint him.
Even with teenage hormones and emotions in the mix. It is one thing to raise doubt about potentially "normal" crimes, but the MC is accused of a rather heinious deed by an embittered person, who for some reason waited 19years to pop up and spit her poison. Even with some fake evidence someone would think long and hard before even remotely doubting.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Dude I know people like this IRL. And they are not teenagers, they are in their 40's. In a loveless marriage and act spoiled but love the sex so they stay, but are emotionally checked out of the relationship. it is not just 18 year olds that act that way.
Actually I know people of that caliber myself, but there is always a history why that couple went the way it went. Here in DFD Amanda characterwise simply does not fit the route the developers pressed her in. She was never depicted as childish and petty and tigether with the way she was raised and how thick the embittered aunt puts it on, there is no way even a childish person would believe the shit the aunt spews out.
You do not go from having a loving Dad to seeing him as a vile scumbag within the drop of a hat.

Reactions: TheKryptonian

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think there is one thing the dev and certain other individuals seem to be missing though....

Nobody is annoyed because they hate they game, on the contrary, it's because they enjoy it that things have got so heated.

If people weren't talking about it or getting worked up i'd be more worried.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Wow, this game started really good and then took a really sharp nosedive. Up until chapter 11, i think, it was a really enjoyable story, and i was thinking this would be a good game to support, but then it became terribly frustrating. Good thing i played until the end of the public chapters before doing that, and decided against it. The way it looks, the dev is actively trying to make Amanda as unlikable as possible, Amanda being basically the reason this game grabbed me in the first place. The sudden change of heart is so out of place, and the characters not really talking makes the whole thing look like just cheap drama. I played without giving a second look to Kathy or Heidi, staying faithful to Amanda, but apparently (from what i am reading in this forum, i couldn't be bothered to go through the game again), it doesn't make a difference.

So for me, the last few chapters were just going through dialogues of platitudes and confusion and just terrible story overall. Yes, that includes the Amanda sex scene in ch. 14, which i don't really know what to classify as, frustration sex, hate sex, pity sex? It must be one of the most un-erotic sex scenes i've seen coupled with such good renders, given the circumstances and Amanda's words after the act. It's basically just a bone thrown to those who (used to?) love Amanda, without affecting the status quo in any meaningful way.

So, after that, i think, it must soon get better, right? So i check the walkthrough for the next chapters, and there is no sex scene with Amanda in them, does that mean the MC won't make up with Amanda for at least two more chapters? I'm sorry, but that's just too much frustration in a game for me. Looks like this game is not for me anymore.

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
Wow, this game started really good and then took a really sharp nosedive. Up until chapter 11, i think, it was a really enjoyable story, and i was thinking this would be a good game to support, but then it became terribly frustrating. Good thing i played until the end of the public chapters before doing that, and decided against it. The way it looks, the dev is actively trying to make Amanda as unlikable as possible, Amanda being basically the reason this game grabbed me in the first place. The sudden change of heart is so out of place, and the characters not really talking makes the whole thing look like just cheap drama. I played without giving a second look to Kathy or Heidi, staying faithful to Amanda, but apparently (from what i am reading in this forum, i couldn't be bothered to go through the game again), it doesn't make a difference.

So for me, the last few chapters were just going through dialogues of platitudes and confusion and just terrible story overall. Yes, that includes the Amanda sex scene in ch. 14, which i don't really know what to classify as, frustration sex, hate sex, pity sex? It must be one of the un-erotic sex scenes i've seen coupled with such good renders, given the circumstances and Amanda's words after the act. It's basically just a bone thrown to those who (used to?) love Amanda, without affecting the status quo in any meaningful way.

So, after that, i think, it must soon get better, right? So i check the walkthrough for the next chapters, and there is not sex scene with Amanda in them, does that mean the MC won't make up with Amanda for at least two more chapters? I'm sorry, but that's just too much frustration in a game for me. Looks like this game is not for me anymore.
Only the D counts for Amanda.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
guys is there any link of ch15 and ch16?
Just FYI.

If you have been playing by downloading each chapter your SOL as the links on Patreon are only for the online version of chapters 15 and 16. Even if your a patron you will have to wait like the rest of us for the public release of the latest chapters for the download (offline) version. You can however start a new game with the online version as a patron and get caught up to the latest chapter.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi guys after 14 chapter i finally think is time to start to try this game. Now i download ofc the offline version. I just wanna understand a few thing.
1) How i continue the game using me save in the other chapter? On page 1 is writing only the import for the online version. But for the offline? How work?
2) How far the story go, with the Daughter? Really i just like her and i play exclusivelly for the incest thing. Hoping to see some romance between F and D. The other girls/women are just free meat sex in a game like this.
Some advice are really welcome in this case. Thank you.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hi guys after 14 chapter i finally think is time to start to try this game. Now i download ofc the offline version. I just wanna understand a few thing.
1) How i continue the game using me save in the other chapter? On page 1 is writing only the import for the online version. But for the offline? How work?
2) How far the story go, with the Daughter? Really i just like her and i play exclusivelly for the incest thing. Hoping to see some romance between F and D. The other girls/women are just free meat sex in a game like this.
1 I think the game just assumes a choice in the offline version to continue off. You may be able to tweak that plot through cheats in a few chapters (see walkthrough for those).

2 Some sex scenes. She is currently on an ego trip.

Reactions: Bahamut Zero

Binord

Aug 9, 2017
Soo.. Was playing through and enjoying the story. Was going to start chapter 6 but lo and behold there's a fatal error right after pressing the new game button. Anyone else run into this or am I the only one?

Wraith2100

Apr 29, 2018
Soo.. Was playing through and enjoying the story. Was going to start chapter 6 but lo and behold there's a fatal error right after pressing the new game button. Anyone else run into this or am I the only one?
many have reported this already. just download chapter 6 from the official source

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
If you are in it for just the daughter story be prepared to get really angry with her around chapter 11 or 12.

You've been warned. ;)

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes