3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Ren'Py i agree is more playable for a gamer , but to make a game with something personalized , it's really more difficult , you need superior technician capacity to be able to make
Just NO. Quite obviously you are drawing wrong conclusions from what you have seen and don't actually know what you're talking about, bro. ;)

Ren'Py is one of the most easily customizable game engines in existence. You are obviously drawing a wrong conclusion from how few of the Ren'Py games have customized UI's, but the fact is, that since Ren'Py already by default has a rock stable UI, an excellent save and load menu and well working other menus, game devs can just concentrate on creating the game content and they have no need to waste their precious time on building custom menus from scratch for saving, loading and changing settings of the game. In fact they have no need to learn much else than the very basics of programming to create VN type games with multiple and meaningful choices and paths. And a lot of them actually have no previous programming skills and little idea how to change the default looks of Ren'Py UI.
This is why most Ren'Py games have similar or identical UI's.

Changing the looks of Ren'Py UI is just a tiny bit more difficult than writing some very basic game script for it, there is definitely no need for any "superior technician capacity" :D. It's not html/xml nor css, but anyone who has ever learned anything about them, gets his (or her) head around it pretty quickly, should they only bother to study those default configuration files a little and read a bit of Ren'Py Wiki.
There is no need to build the UI from scratch in Ren'Py, the looks of the default one can be changed a lot without any skills in Python. But it also doesn't mean that building it from scratch is more difficult than, lets say for Unity or some node-based engine or for the engine that Palmer's team has modified for their needs.

Most of the other engines with some exceptions are not so generous and devs have no choice but to build all necessary menus from scratch. This is why they all look so different - not because it's easier for the devs to customize them, but because they have no choice.

BTW, I am in no way trying to justify the idea of porting this game to Ren'Py.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnelros

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Just NO. Quite obviously you are drawing wrong conclusions from what you have seen and don't actually know what you're talking about, bro. ;)

Ren'Py is one of the most easily customizable game engines in existence. You are obviously drawing a wrong conclusion from how few of the Ren'Py games have customized UI's, but the fact is, that since Ren'Py already by default has a rock stable UI, an excellent save and load menu and well working other menus, game devs can just concentrate on creating the game content and they have no need to waste their precious time on building custom menus from scratch for saving, loading and changing settings of the game. In fact they have no need to learn much else than the very basics of programming to create VN type games with multiple and meaningful choices and paths. And a lot of them actually have no previous programming skills and little idea how to change the default looks of Ren'Py UI.
This is why most Ren'Py games have similar or identical UI's.

Changing the looks of Ren'Py UI is just a tiny bit more difficult than writing some very basic game script for it, there is definitely no need for any "superior technician capacity" :D. It's not html/xml nor css, but anyone who has ever learned anything about them, gets his (or her) head around it pretty quickly, should they only bother to study those default configuration files a little and read a bit of Ren'Py Wiki.
There is no need to build the UI from scratch in Ren'Py, the looks of the default one can be changed a lot without any skills in Python. But it also doesn't mean that building it from scratch is more difficult than, lets say for Unity or some node-based engine or for the engine that Palmer's team has modified for their needs.

Most of the other engines with some exceptions are not so generous and devs have no choice but to build all necessary menus from scratch. This is why they all look so different - not because it's easier for the devs to customize them, but because they have no choice.

BTW, I am in no way trying to justify the idea of porting this game to Ren'Py.
Probably i was not so able to explain my idea ...

Palmer made DFD with his custom Engine and he have no interest at all to port this Game with Ren'py also because to make this thing think can request many month to code ; not only Palmer , but nobody other will never make this thing...

So there is not at all from Palmer the idea to port this game in Ren-py. He wrote only many time that probably there will be a completely release with a single file and if it will be possible it will be offered on Steam

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm playing through chapter 17 right now. I'm so pissed that the MC is not even a bit mad. I want to tell Amanda to go fuck herself and never come to me again, but no, all I can do is watch them taking a nice trip to the beach... :sick:
Well in the daughter's defense her father apparently didn't know about what her mother did to get the restaurant start up capital so he never told Amanda about her plan. When the aunt began poisoning the daughter with how her father got the money because he never told her anything he did look guilty.
Of course the daughter should have thought something like, "Wait this guy took care of my whole life, maybe hear his side of the story". The daughter loves him enough to give him blow jobs but not ask him to explain himself as to her mother's death.

Reactions: rhdad and HangTuah

UIGL

Mar 6, 2018
Okay so I play the off line version and I have not a clue where I should type in the code to have sex with Heidi. Please help.......

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Okay so I play the off line version and I have not a clue where I should type in the code to have sex with Heidi. Please help.......
Which Chapter ? did you look at the WT in the Op ?There you can find all cheats code ....

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
do you see key on game main menu? above wrench?

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
If there is no cheat menu (key) on the main menu, type the cheat into the slot where you type your name. The ch 4 codes don’t guarantee the sex scene, you still need to woo them, check the guide for more details

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
I like this game.. was a patron for it for some time.. ANd i would even be inclined to buying the full product once its finished..

ut.. damn.. it being separated into all those chapters is such a pain.

I hope they can release a full version after all those epilogues...

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
I like this game.. was a patron for it for some time.. ANd i would even be inclined to buying the full product once its finished..

ut.. damn.. it being separated into all those chapters is such a pain.

I hope they can release a full version after all those epilogues...
We do plan to compile them in the future! Glad you are looking forward to playing when that's done

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's great yunz guys are doing Epilogues, because you created characters that are too good to die after DFD runs it's course.
I could go for an entire game that has Kathy as the MC, and one for Heidi.
Even Lily. Ironically with her vagabond ways the hot Asian teen has the greatest potential for a game.

Morgul Xen

Fledgeling Vampire
Donor
Mar 27, 2019
Main menu, on the right there is a wrench : there you can insert all parental details you want...
I've already done all that, those settings work to a certain extent but theres still dialog which basically tells me Im not her real dad, really hope theres an official incest patch/cheatcode.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes