3.50 star(s) 126 Votes

usr_unkn

Jan 3, 2019
I'm playing the offline version; does anyone have any saves for like the last 3 chapters for the several endings?
Not beeing able to cruise through the VN via skip doesn't really wanna make me play through all of that again; especially because the transition are pretty slow all the time

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I'm playing the offline version; does anyone have any saves for like the last 3 chapters for the several endings?
Not beeing able to cruise through the VN via skip doesn't really wanna make me play through all of that again; especially because the transition are pretty slow all the time
Insert this cheat into ch 19: Ch19ending
You should be able to pick the girl you want to end up with.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Thanks, but unfortunately it doesn't work... isn't this for the Patreon version only?
Sorry about that. From the walkthrough:
Free: To enable the cheat, click the cheats button in the main menu (key icon at the right corner). Type “play-double-homework-too” (without quotes). Press the Check button. Return to the main menu and start a new game.

I'll admit I don't use cheats, so this is all from the walkthrough.

Reactions: usr_unkn

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Sorry about that. From the walkthrough:
Free: To enable the cheat, click the cheats button in the main menu (key icon at the right corner). Type “play-double-homework-too” (without quotes). Press the Check button. Return to the main menu and start a new game.

I'll admit I don't use cheats, so this is all from the walkthrough.
I never understood that indication.

the code is too long does not enter the cheatcode

usr_unkn

Jan 3, 2019
THANKS, worked like a charm!!
cheers!

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Yup, the part with the daughter not even trying then giving up her remaining close family.
Then, money need quite some guidelines, there a legal trace or at last a stamped note as to the gift.
This said, quite more humans don't have much in the head or better said don't use it as useful.
Its a good game who would benefit an renpy port/version.

To be seen, thanks for the ride Palmer.

Repzak

Oct 8, 2020
This was a good game. Of course it had issues - what game of this size and this large a story don't - even if it's developed by a large team of writers, which this is not.

Saul was a bit of a deus-ex-machina that we are never given any reason to trust - yet should - and Amanda comes off as excessively cold after she listens to Cecilia. But note that the MC is certainly not blameless - no matter how much Lanie didn't want him to tell Amanda about her being a heiress (or apparently much of anything), failing to tell a daughter about her mother is quite inexcusable - as he seems to come to realize eventually - and is indeed fertile ground for mistrust to grow. And Patreons ban on incest is annoying as fuck (but not the dev's fault). The few scenes that try to pretend Amanda isn't your daughter despite the eventual flashbacks making it clear that unless Lanie was fucking around she most certainly could be nothing BUT your daughter were confusing and annoying.

There were other small odds and ends - and of course the inevitable spelling and grammar errors (though not that many), and a few times where it failed to replace the name of Amanda with the one I'd picked. Not a big deal.

The engine is fine - except for the inability to adjust transition time. That grated on my nerves many times. I did play the offline version - maybe the online version is worse, but I would always chose offline over online in any game for that exact reason. As for it being in 19 chapters - meh. Sure it'd be nice to have in one large game, but when playing it offline it was entirely seamless to go from chapter to chapter and have it pick up the previous chapters' flags, so it was in essence one big game with 18 small interruptions to start the next one.

Anytime you play a game from a small developer you have to be willing to be slightly generous with interpretations instead of literal reading and be willing to add your own head-canon to make the "glitches" in the story work. But it was surprising little it was required for a game of this length.

Final small nitpick - it's too easy to hit the bad ending and not knowing. I mean it's *extremely* easy to hit the good endings once you play through once and figure out you have to be faithful and what scenes to agree to and which not, but on the first playthrough you have no chance. That's not an unusual problem for VN games like this - unfortunately. But when it's this big it should be better at guiding the player. The cheatcodes help of course so you don't have to play through it all again, but it'd be better if it was just clearer so you could get the whole VN experience and the ending you want to play for.

Still a great game. Thanks for the good hours of entertainment and I'll be sure to check out what else you've made.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
it is not true that Amanda moves away from her father because this has not told him about her mother.

among other things it would also be hardly credible, Amanda perhaps thought she was born under a cabbage? surely she will have asked him questions over time, and that we know her father never lied to her about anything (otherwise Amanda would surely have reproached him), he has only hidden the family from which his mother came, by her will, and a posteriori he was right.

Amanda moves away from her father because she believes, pushed by Cecilia and the clues collected by Moe, that her father has stolen money from her mother and in fact left her to die. it is a terrible accusation, about which Amanda at a certain point has no more doubts, she wants only a confession from the father, a confession that the father cannot make but that it is not even clear what it could ever serve.

just like Saul, this schism between father and daughter is forced and not very credible, it serves history and we must accept it. but as it is written Amanda is a terrible character, superficial like few others, driven by instinct and sexual appetite

Reactions: Turret

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I add one thing, everything I wrote would also be forgivable, strange, but forgivable

I also accept that in the heat of the senses Amanda has sex with a person she no longer wants to have anything to do with, a sort of farewell sex.

but the scene at MC's release has no excuse, not even as a plot requirement, that Amanda goes to get him, it is evident that she still loves him, but that she only cares about appearing selfish and after a second moment about what Diner's girls might think of her, it's hallucinating ... a stuff to bring MC to immediate life in prison.

and in my opinion even in the endings you see this thing, the ending with Amanda is not the "best", they still have to run away and give up everything, the other endings are much more successful.

ana sucubbus

Sep 27, 2018
The cheats on the walkthrough by - Lonecanuck not working, so how to fix it, also, is there incent option ?
the names and roles change options dont work.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018

Palmer.png

Hi everyone. We have some terrible news to share with you. There is no easy way to say this. After being unresponsive for several days, we have learned recently that Palmer has passed away suddenly. We are really sorry for this unexpected turn of events.

This is extremely hard news for the team emotionally, but it also puts us in an extremely awkward position, because we must ask you, after reading this notice in its entirety, to immediately cancel your pledge to , and then request . We can’t even guarantee that Patreon will offer a refund, since they will evaluate it according to their own policies. Please do not ask anyone in the dev team for a refund – we have no control over that money. Nobody is controlling Palmer’s account currently, we can’t even access it to post this news. We have informed Patreon support of the situation, and shutdown of Palmer’s account is pending official legal notice.

We also ask, since we can’t yet put a statement on , that you spread the word and share this announcement which will be posted on .

The team has been in a state of shock, and I know a lot of you will be upset as much as we are. We have set up a channel on , “Remembering Palmer”, and AW will shortly post an obituary for Palmer which we hope you’ll read, and we hope you’ll share your memories of Palmer and what he and his games have meant to you.

ABOUT THE FUTURE
There’s a lot of uncertainty. But given how close we are to finishing DH, and how far it already is into development, it would be a waste not to finish the game. The team would like to finish Double Homework, and carry on working on projects that we already had planned, and to continue Palmer’s legacy. However, we have lost all our monthly funding. We have started a , where, if you choose to continue supporting us, you can do so. If we rebuild enough, we can finish the final chapter of DH and make the sort of game that Palmer would have been proud of, and carry on making games into the future.

Thank you for your belief in us and your love for our games. This is a difficult situation, and it will be hard for us to move on without Palmer.

-Love-Joint Team

FAQ
Q: What happened to Palmer?
A: We don’t know exactly. But it was sudden and unexpected. And he is gone.

Q: Why have you lost access to Palmer’s Patreon creator account?
A: For security reasons, only Palmer had access to it. Even if we did have access to it now, there are legal reasons why we can’t just take it over. According to Patreon support, Palmer’s page will be deleted once they confirm he’s gone.

Q: Who do I contact about a refund?
A: Please contact . Unfortunately we have no control whatsoever of Palmer’s creator account, so we cannot issue refunds ourselves. And we can’t guarantee that Patreon will refund you either.

Q: When is the final episode of Double Homework coming out?
A: We hope that we can have it out at some point in November 2020.

Q: What is the future of Love-Joint?
A: There’s a lot of uncertainty, but all the members of the team are willing to keep going if we secure enough funding.

Q: If last DH episode is finished, what will happen next?
A: The whole team is willing to continue, and we already have some ideas, but almost certainly, our plans have changed from what was stated by Palmer on his last announcement.

If you have any more questions or you would like to post a tribute to Palmer, please feel free to join our .

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 126 Votes