3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
ontach dude you say that but this game is made whit renpy engine but the creator also made his own .exe icon hence every body thinks this isnt Renpye but trust me this novel is renpy 100%

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I wish someone would port this - and all Palmer's games - to Ren'py.
ontach dude you say that but this game is made whit renpy engine but the creator also made his own .exe icon hence every body thinks this isnt Renpye but trust me this novel is renpy 100%
and wrong, lj uses own engine which is mix-up of unity etc.
Whatever the engine he used, there is no 'renpy' directory, no 'lib' directory (for python), and not even a 'game' directory in any of the downloads. So I don't know how anyone could do anything with this without direct access to the developer's original work. Since he died, access to that work may not even be possible.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
his old team is working still on the game
Seriously? On THIS game? I would think that if anything they would be working on Double Homework, not this Completed game.
they are working on shale hill secrets (and it's engine is bit closer to renpy than dfd's engine) and lj devs could port this to renpy if they wanted but question is why? better spend that time making new content/new games.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
they are working on shale hill secrets (and it's engine is bit closer to renpy than dfd's engine) and lj devs could port this to renpy if they wanted but question is why? better spend that time making new content/new games.
Well, if they don't port it to Ren'Py, I won't be playing it. [I'm sure that will force their hand! :ROFLMAO:] I have too many great games that I'm NOT getting to play, to mess with one with a proprietary engine.

I've gotten a lot more selective since I played this game, and I still can't catch up.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
So I don't know how anyone could do anything with this without direct access to the developer's original work. Since he died, access to that work may not even be possible.
A game comprises story, dialogue, renders and coding. The first three exist and are accessible (in the worst case by playing the game). It should be possible to do the coding from scratch. Whether or not someone wants to put in the work is the question.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A game comprises story, dialogue, renders and coding. The first three exist and are accessible (in the worst case by playing the game). It should be possible to do the coding from scratch. Whether or not someone wants to put in the work is the question.
Yep, simple-dimple. I leave the task in your capable hands.

Can you get it done by Christmas?

• Haha
Reactions: cxx and shane420
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes