broken_division

Game Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
compressed version of the game ( until CH19) ~60%

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Does anyone have online backup saves for chapter 13 to 19 ?
Cause I can't find it through the official website by palmer's post. It says no link available.
Please share it and also it would be fine if only chapter 17,18 & 19 backup saves for online are available
why online?

Josh14

May 27, 2023
One of the most idiotic games I've ever tried, terribly badly coded, sometimes taking several seconds to load an image or dialogue, on an intel i7, with a stupid story and no animations. What's more, chapters 2 to 18 don't work, so there's no point in downloading them, in short, avoid.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
One of the most idiotic games I've ever tried, terribly badly coded, sometimes taking several seconds to load an image or dialogue, on an intel i7, with a stupid story and no animations. What's more, chapters 2 to 18 don't work, so there's no point in downloading them, in short, avoid.
I can agree with some of that, but saying chapter 2-18 don't work is not correct. I have all the compressed versions and I'm currently at chapter 14 (which zero issues). You have to complete each chapter then your save will be imported to the next chpater, that's how each episode works. I stopped playing it long ago for now, and just checked out the CG's to see what is what.

I mean the game is 5ish years old at this point with a proprietary engine. The developer also sadly passed away in 2020.

Josh14

May 27, 2023
I can agree with some of that, but saying chapter 2-18 don't work is not correct. I have all the compressed versions and I'm currently at chapter 14 (which zero issues). You have to complete each chapter then your save will be imported to the next chpater, that's how each episode works. I stopped playing it long ago for now, and just checked out the CG's to see what is what.

I mean the game is 5ish years old at this point with a proprietary engine. The developer also sadly passed away in 2020.
Thanks for the information on the chapters, and sad for this creator, even if I didn't enjoy his game.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Thanks for the information on the chapters, and sad for this creator, even if I didn't enjoy his game.
Eh, it's old, it's not like most games, and it gets better the more you stick with it.

But, you the same people behind this game (minus the OG dev) have another game, which it is another "engine" game, it plays 1000% Ren'py and is so good.

Shale Hill Secrets :coffee:

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
Eh, it's old, it's not like most games, and it gets better the more you stick with it.

But, you the same people behind this game (minus the OG dev) have another game, which it is another "engine" game, it plays 1000% Ren'py and is so good.

Shale Hill Secrets :coffee:
I wish someone like the makers of Shale Hill Secrets could remaster daughter for dessert to update it all into one game instead of multiple Chapters.
I know it would be large, but it would be worth it.
I was playing it though my web browser to get the updated copy with most of the audio, but it annoyed me having to load chapter by chapter to keep playing, plus to be honest at times i would forget what chapter I was up to.
If it was updated including the Game Engine updated I would believe a large amount of people would be dyeing to play it.

But like myself, or I suspect anyone like myself is not going to start chapter by chapter on this game knowing that if they had to reinstall Windows there not going to be in a hurry to restart the game Chapter and verse if they didn't know where there save games were backed up.

Reactions: Josh14

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I wish someone like the makers of Shale Hill Secrets could remaster daughter for dessert to update it all into one game instead of multiple Chapters.
I know it would be large, but it would be worth it.
yea all-in-one would be very big download. that wouldn't reduce playtime much since game is slow. would need updated engine and more reworking.

Reactions: phreadom
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes