3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Still pretty new at this so forgive me if it's not up to everybody's standards -- Lighting, floating off the ground, etc. -- but I'm learning. This is a character from a game I've been working on. He's a femboy, so obligatory dick warning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll give you my honest, no insult intended criticism. And, it boils down to "don't rush". Lighting isn't great, but it's not horrible either, shading is good enough, at least for up to halfway advanced experience, so the main issue here, is the posing. Not the floating, the posing. Not all poses work well on their own, with all body archetypes. Many will require some editing. Adjusting feet, hands, forearms, even upper chest bending and twisting, makes the differene, in more ways than you'd guess. Apart from that, it's pretty good for a novice level render

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
What do you think. This is an octane render. I honestly think i like iray better but octane is >generally< much faster when its not being a pain. This was pretty fast and looks acceptable but to me octane renders seem to be missing something
Yes, it does. It misses the proper shaders to make it work, at least when it comes to bnridging from DAZ or Poser. Octane's brilliant, but you'd need to export the scene to maya, or c4d, or 3dsmax, and manually edit shaders, for it to shine

Reactions: lancelotdulak

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Last edited:

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
I'll give you my honest, no insult intended criticism. And, it boils down to "don't rush". Lighting isn't great, but it's not horrible either,
I think he was mostly talking about the model etc. When i post things here im not concerned with floating , pokethrough etc and i toss in backgrounds, scenes etc . Im more looking for comment on the models, textures etc . I think it's good and bad. Parts of it are very unnatural (and im really not in to the girlmanwhatever thing) ie the legs arent human. But it is a very unique character, skins good etc

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Yes i have been using it for while for extreme cases. Some great stuff you can do with it.
MD is brilliant. thing is thats a whole separate tool and workflow etc to go through. So you spend hours or days perfecting a daz model etc.. shirts meh so you break out md and spend days in that making a shirt...

Reactions: Mescalino

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
more testing, same lazy days shirt.
obviously the straps between breast it's unrealistic on this top but oh well.. lazy to export something else :giggle:

View attachment 468193
View attachment 468194
last one .. ignore the crappy pose
View attachment 468212
Im not sure if daz artists actually make a living (id love to know). A lot of them arent good. But i think this could make a living for you. Clothing with undressign etc morphs is pretty rare. Even finding a dress or shirt with morphs for the straps is hard to find.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Yes, it does. It misses the proper shaders to make it work, at least when it comes to bnridging from DAZ or Poser. Octane's brilliant, but you'd need to export the scene to maya, or c4d, or 3dsmax, and manually edit shaders, for it to shine
I just assume whenever i move to other software im going to have to totally redo materials. I use redspecs skin on EVERY octane model because nothing else comes close. I think its also in how they render. I forgot the details but it saves a lot of render time but leaves much more flat colors :(

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes