RedTomato

Jul 17, 2020
Another one who thinks like me, this genre has its audience, and very rarely someone vanilla, will support a game like this.
I just checked Patreon, it's stalled. I'm not rooting to be a failure, that's not it. But in all the years I've been playing this kind of content, one thing I've noticed, NTR fans are everywhere begging for NTR, but the truth is that very few of them open their wallets to support a game like this.
I talked to the dev on Patreon, he said he's happy making a game like this, I hope he can stay happy until the end. I liked the models in this game, and I wouldn't like to see an orange tag next to his name.
The overwhelming majority of games don't make it, looking at the figures for this one, which is very early in its development and saying it doesn't work because of x is naive at best.

The reality is that, like it or not, NTR is popular. There are developers and entire studios who's main schtick is NTR. Is it as popular as other genres? Hell no! But that's a long way removed from claiming you can't make a living out of it.

At any point in time, we could point at a random harem game, see it's poor financial backing and make the same type of argument.

Last edited:

delacroix2

Nov 19, 2020
The overwhelming majority of games don't make it, looking at the figures for this one, which is very early in its development and saying it doesn't work because of x is disingenous at best.

The reality is that, like it or not, NTR is popular. There are developers and entire studios who's main schtick is NTR. Is it as popular as other genres? Hell no! But that's a long way removed from claiming you can't make a living out of it.

At any point in time, we could point at a random harem game, see it's poor financial backing and make the same type of dishonest argument.
NTR is popular? , give me some of your weed :ROFLMAO:, please. It's a niche fetish

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I just got to the dialogue where MC and sis are wondering about how they have all these resources in a dead world. Especially electricity and gas. Why are all the stores up and running after 6 years of neglect? I'm not sure if that was a retcon to address the inconsistencies in the world building, but I'm glad it was mentioned. I had made note of that was being unrealistic and would have mentioned it if I made a review.

I'm not sure if you took inspiration from Kindread: The Redburns, but there are some similar story beats. You did the incest zombie apocalypse genre justice with some of the best build up in the relationship. The characters come off as consistent, both internally within their roles and externally as they interact with each other. I still can't get over that fact that this MC wears girl's panties, but even he is showing some potential for character growth lol.

If I had to make a guess, the major route split will be in the MC embracing the darkness or the light. The darkness has been foreshadowed for a long time. Dad's talk about all humans having darkness and how it can be your greatest ally. The shadow monster in his dreams. MC asking his mom if she would still love him if he turned into a monster. At the end, MC contemplates that all his efforts to be the hero ended up in failure. I kinda took that to mean that he might tap into the darkness if it means he can protect his loved ones. The light side has some mentions in the narration and visuals where he is shining like a star. Also, obviously the blue eagle and the moon lady at the end. But maybe I'm wrong. The game is pretty linear with just minor deviations in the story based on choices. Maybe the darkness and the light are the same entity.

There was a dialogue in one of the earlier flashbacks that many people probably glossed over.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
MC is associated with dad's research project. He probably has dormant powers or some entity within him.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I like the setting of the story and how it reminds me Now & Then but I can't take this MC seriously.
Everything has gone to shit but somehow that little punk survived, he's a walking zombie snack.

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I like the setting of the story and how it reminds me Now & Then but I can't take this MC seriously.
Everything has gone to shit but somehow that little punk survived, he's a walking zombie snack.
It's called character development. The main point is that he was an ordinary scared kid that was always protected by others stronger than him but now he is trying to change that, the story is still in an early state.

Last edited:

RedTomato

Jul 17, 2020
NTR is popular? , give me some of your weed :ROFLMAO:, please. It's a niche fetish
No, you can't have my weed. Yes, it is a fairly niche fetish and I did overstate things a tad.

To clarify, the point I meant to make is that there's plenty of people who are not put off by it, especially in cases where it's optional content.

Moderation denied me the right to defend, that's fine. Good luck with your game.
Not entirely sure why your reply was deleted, maybe because you kept erroneously referring to me as the dev? Other than that I thought it was a reasonable, measured response which I just spent 15 minutes writing a reply to.

Anyway, my original post to you was unnecessarily snarky, for which I apologise. I genuinely don't think you're being dishonest and I've edited that part of my reply to you out.

Mar 6, 2021
No, you can't have my weed. Yes, it is a fairly niche fetish and I did overstate things a tad.

To clarify, the point I meant to make is that there's plenty of people who are not put off by it, especially in cases where it's optional content.

Not entirely sure why your reply was deleted, maybe because you kept erroneously referring to me as the dev? Other than that I thought it was a reasonable, measured response which I just spent 15 minutes writing a reply to.

Anyway, my original post to you was unnecessarily snarky, for which I apologise. I genuinely don't think you're being dishonest and I've edited that part of my reply to you out.
I left my answer in private, but never mind, despite everything I like your game. And there's no point in arguing when we have different opinions.

Reactions: RedTomato

RedTomato

Jul 17, 2020
Very kind of you to trick me and make a fool of me.
I hope you're kidding, if not I did say earlier on:
Not entirely sure why your reply was deleted, maybe because you kept erroneously referring to me as the dev?
After the above quote, you replied:
I left my answer in private, but never mind, despite everything I like your game.
Which is when I realised what was confusing people.

Anyway, to keep it on topic it looks like we won't be getting an update for a while. Dev isn't expecting to be able to get back to working on the game until August, so I wouldn't expect an update for a month or two after that.

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Anyway, to keep it on topic it looks like we won't be getting an update for a while. Dev isn't expecting to be able to get back to working on the game until August, so I wouldn't expect an update for a month or two after that.
The long wait just makes the reward even better.

Reactions: RedTomato
Jul 21, 2021
I wish the was more NTR since i think there is only 3 scenes? But i know people dont love it but just wished when games gets tagged with NTR they actully have it in them. Game looks great and wish dev good luck and hope peps enjoy the game.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I hope you're kidding, if not I did say earlier on:

After the above quote, you replied:

Which is when I realised what was confusing people.

I think they use a translator judging from clues I've seen. Nothing wrong with that, but I think it can cause a lot of confusion. And YES, your name is SUPER confusing. I also thought you were the Dev until you said you weren't.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I wish the was more NTR since i think there is only 3 scenes? But i know people dont love it but just wished when games gets tagged with NTR they actully have it in them. Game looks great and wish dev good luck and hope peps enjoy the game.
Yo, you should realize that this site has some limited tagging when it comes to defining some terms. NTR on this site is the "best" way to describe "Love Interest has sex with someone other than MC." I agree that it's dumb to use NTR unless it's applied to that specific niche, but this website has NO other tag to describe such an action. And since the mixture of annoyance and jealousy is something that people feel when LI's have sex with others, then we use NTR for that. Sadly that's the case and we have to live with it. I've harped a lot about this. It hurts people like you that love NTR and confuses people like me that want to avoid NTR like the plague.

This game has scenes of LI's being involved with others, so it fits THIS sites loose definition, but a "Sex with others" tag wouldn't be bad to have don't you agree?

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I agree with you. There will always be people like this. There are thousands of harem games, but when there is still a game they don't like (even if there is an option), it's very easy for them to shit! I'll be patron on Patreon today. Unlike organized "ntr haters" who mud too easily at every opportunity.
Don't take it personally we hate the tag not you :p

On a serious note, it's great that you support that content and wish more people did support it. That way people know where their bread is buttered. Content continues if the content is supported. You opined the entitlement of Harem fans and you would be correct, that's fair. To that point, I think it's also fair for others to opine about how much they hate it so the dev knows what people want. Whether it's with a "good luck" or a "I'm out" doesn't really matter. The point is, promotion and feedback. Those are the most valuable points to consider here. Some of the feedback is shit, but it's feedback alright.

Lastly, as long as it's TRULY avoidable, I'll play it. I recall there being a scene where you choose between saving someone from being raped and helping another character and no matter what, their was a terrible result. That's ugghhh. I think that was changed. Anyway, have a nice day!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BK186

ioriya

Sep 10, 2019
Yo, you should realize that this site has some limited tagging when it comes to defining some terms. NTR on this site is the "best" way to describe "Love Interest has sex with someone other than MC." I agree that it's dumb to use NTR unless it's applied to that specific niche, but this website has NO other tag to describe such an action. And since the mixture of annoyance and jealousy is something that people feel when LI's have sex with others, then we use NTR for that. Sadly that's the case and we have to live with it. I've harped a lot about this. It hurts people like you that love NTR and confuses people like me that want to avoid NTR like the plague.

This game has scenes of LI's being involved with others, so it fits THIS sites loose definition, but a "Sex with others" tag wouldn't be bad to have don't you agree?
I wouldn't even consider the NTR in this game to be NTR. It's just monster rape.

4.00 star(s) 91 Votes