Early Cuyler

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listens...and waits
Donor
Jul 1, 2017
As I told him in private, this was meant to be a private beta.

I didn't think about it, but it is a good idea to consider.

Star Wars Expanded Universe

My only marketing tactic here was to send him a private version as a show of gratitude, but this marketing failed the moment it was leaked because I didn't expected that this version ever were published.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In fact, this is bad because now I have to rush the next version, but shit happens.
At least @FlakeTheBox waited until you released DST v.2.48.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
For those complaining about the cheats, the game saves are editable with Notepad++, you can edit the money to 10mil and that's good enough to complete all upgrades and hire to capture all heroines in the game.

Otherwise, I was finally able to play the game without too many game breaking bugs, so here's a few thoughts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dravak

May 15, 2018
Well you are using the same code as Something Unlimited.
To such a extend you didn´t even hide the TAGS and Errors...

Now Something Unlimited wasn´t bad.
But it never gotten Finished.

Now you start a Death Star Trainer with the same codes and reskin.
So wil this project get finished ?
If the polish was so bad already. but the codes leads to 16 or more girls (only 6 of them semi functioning in Something Unlimited)
How long till you reach a decent gaming state of 6 fully functioning Girls ?

OR beter put how long till you understand what you were coding again :p

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
If the polish was so bad already. but the codes leads to 16 or more girls (only 6 of them semi functioning in Something Unlimited)

I think i can answer those questions for you ;)

#1 Never
#2 Will never reach 6 girls and if it does only 1 maybe 2 will work
#3 Never understood the code anyways.

I hope i have answered all of your questions.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Now dont get me wrong folks i want this to work. I would love a Star War trainer like this hopefully will be one day like 50 yrs from now. But i just dont see it getting done. There has been haw many "updates" now that was nothing but bug fixes that didnt even fix the bugs that was supposed to be fixed. Now this last one i have not honestly played cause well i dont think it fixed anything. Can anyone verify that the Mayhem bug was fixed? Mind you it was supposed to be fixed 3 or so patches ago

Dravak

May 15, 2018
Now dont get me wrong folks i want this to work. I would love a Star War trainer like this hopefully will be one day like 50 yrs from now. But i just dont see it getting done. There has been haw many "updates" now that was nothing but bug fixes that didnt even fix the bugs that was supposed to be fixed. Now this last one i have not honestly played cause well i dont think it fixed anything. Can anyone verify that the Mayhem bug was fixed? Mind you it was supposed to be fixed 3 or so patches ago
Well you are a bit harsh.. ;) but atleast he shows some graphics capacity.
But frankly it seems his coding skills are way off. for this project to succeed.

So either he hires a coder for the project to succeed. or don´t use unity and use RPGM with his graphic talents.

Spoofy

Aug 14, 2017
Tried the first version but i got stuck very soon. Still liked it, so i try this version to see what changed. I really hope this will work. DarthSmut seems to work on it and it is very easy and sadly very common to jump on the hate train. I wonder if anyone that complains in here actually paid a dime. And i honestly dont think its my responsibility to ask him wether he thinks his project deserves backing or not. The answer to that is left to the backers that seem to fund him. I wouldnt pay that much every month tbh, but like hell i will judge others that chose to do so.

Reactions: Darth Smut

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I just hope that this thread won't be about trolling all day every day.... Last release wasn't ment to be released. Game started off 4 months ago and everybody seems to dig its grave with passion. Nobody wants to see a trainer game here, then why are you here? Those who do, why all the gravedigging already? Other games have only one update within this time period. Whats so different about this? That the Dev isn't a pro? So what. He locks stuff behind pricey paywall? Ohcomeon, guys, you will all get it for free eventually one way or another. Bugfixes doesn't arrive fast enough? As if that isn't an issue with other titles...

I'll totally join the rant wagon in 1-2 years if nothing moved forward, trust me. But its been only 4 months so what exactly seem to be the problem here. I mean seriously, whats the ruckus?

Dravak

May 15, 2018
I just hope that this thread won't be about trolling all day every day.... Last release wasn't ment to be released. Game started off 4 months ago and everybody seems to dig its grave with passion. Nobody wants to see a trainer game here, then why are you here? Those who do, why all the gravedigging already? Other games have only one update within this time period. Whats so different about this? That the Dev isn't a pro? So what. He locks stuff behind pricey paywall? Ohcomeon, guys, you will all get it for free eventually one way or another. Bugfixes doesn't arrive fast enough? As if that isn't an issue with other titles...

I'll totally join the rant wagon in 1-2 years if nothing moved forward, trust me. But its been only 4 months so what exactly seem to be the problem here. I mean seriously, whats the ruckus?
4 months with codes of 2 year development. so I understand your Need for Starwars and the graphics are not bad.
Infact the graphics are really good work.

I just saying don´t get your hopes up. I wouldn´t care about a paywall.
Rather I see him use his graphics talent to beter use with RPGM which is easier to copy and paste codes.
Then Unity, unless you have a clue what you are doing. let alone the optimisation needs when a Unity Updates happens.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
To such a extend you didn´t even hide the TAGS and Errors...

Now Something Unlimited wasn´t bad.
But it never gotten Finished.

SU and DST are made by completely different people, this one just copies the mechanics SU uses. And for the record, SU is still going strong.

A very poor first release and massive red flags from overpriced patreon tiers + aggressive in-game marketing.

ariloxi

Feb 10, 2017

I, for myself, have no issues with the game. I very much would love another trainer game, specially a Star Wars themed one. I have issues with the kind of poisonous tactics this guy pulls, borrowed from the mobile apps industry.

If we remain silent when he goes to TimeStamps dev patreon and spams his open threads with (concealed) ads for his game, or when he tries to hijack the rating system (and keep in mind he is a repeated offender), then we are going to see that kind of poison spreading in Patreon and in this forum. And maybe it's gonna happen anyway. But at least we should call a duck a duck. This guy is no victim, not in a million years.

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
Did i missed it?
Back in september I probably thought you were asking for the v0.1, and the version was released the day that it was given to you. If you were asking something else, then I missunderstood you.

if by code you mean "code language", it's called C# and ALL THE DEVELOPERS IN UNITY use that same code. If you mean the pluggins, those can be found online for free, and they were never specifically designed for any particular game. If you mean that I am using the same scenes, then I am very sorry to disappoint you: The 99% of the scenes on this project are coded by me, from scratch.

So wil this project get finished?
Yes.

Now dont get me wrong folks I want this to work. I would love a Star War trainer like this...
Thank you!

Can anyone verify that the Mayhem bug was fixed? Mind you it was supposed to be fixed 3 or so patches ago
As I said, it's a testing version, but the people playing it say that specific bug is fixed.

he shows some graphics capacity.
Thank you!
It seems his coding skills are way off. for this project to succeed.So either he hires a coder for the project to succeed...
Are you a professional videogame programmer with successful videogames in Unity? How have you seen the code of my game? Is this your way to say that you want me to hire you as a programmer for my project? (Don't take me wrong, I really mean every question) :)

Still liked it, so i try this version to see what changed. I really hope this will work.
Thank you! This is a private leaked version. I can't guarantee everything works, but if you want, you can wait until the next official version :)

DarthSmut seems to work on it and it is very easy and sadly very common to jump on the hate train.
Thank you for your words.

I wonder if anyone that complains in here actually paid a dime.
I Quickly checked it, and unless they are using different patreon names, noone who usually brings toxicity in this thread has ever supported this project.

Thank you a lot for your kind words.

massive red flags from overpriced patreon tiers + aggressive in-game marketing.
Haven't seen any of my higher tier patreons here complaining. In fact, almost every one of them have kept their support and have been patreon for more than a month.

I, for myself, have no issues with the game. I very much would love another trainer game, specially a Star Wars themed one.
Thank you, I'd love that too.

Spoofy

Aug 14, 2017
I, for myself, have no issues with the game. I very much would love another trainer game, specially a Star Wars themed one. I have issues with the kind of poisonous tactics this guy pulls, borrowed from the mobile apps industry.

If we remain silent when he goes to TimeStamps dev patreon and spams his open threads with (concealed) ads for his game, or when he tries to hijack the rating system (and keep in mind he is a repeated offender), then we are going to see that kind of poison spreading in Patreon and in this forum. And maybe it's gonna happen anyway. But at least we should call a duck a duck. This guy is no victim, not in a million years.
That´s my point. He was called out for foul behaviour by the mods of this site and i think that was fair, even if i got into the communication later and only read about it. Now it seems that every update gets immediate responses in how everything is buggy, not quick enough, no cheat, will never get finished etc. To me, and this is only my opinion, this is toxic behaviour. It adds nothing of value to this thread and again, since i get to play for free, i don´t care how long it takes because i have no right to complain. We called him a duck now many times, do you really think calling him out again and again will bring anyone anything good? Maybe i miss something, but i haven´t seen him doing anything evil for some time now.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
That´s my point. He was called out for foul behaviour by the mods of this site and i think that was fair, even if i got into the communication later and only read about it. Now it seems that every update gets immediate responses in how everything is buggy, not quick enough, no cheat, will never get finished etc. To me, and this is only my opinion, this is toxic behaviour. It adds nothing of value to this thread and again, since i get to play for free, i don´t care how long it takes because i have no right to complain. We called him a duck now many times, do you really think calling him out again and again will bring anyone anything good? Maybe i miss something, but i haven´t seen him doing anything evil for some time now.
So are you Darthsmut or is he paying to come into this thread and say these things? No i have not paid a cent to this dev for his buggy game. No i would not ever pay $45 to remove any grind from these types of games cause that is the fun of these types of games imo. And cudos to the people who do i wish i had that type of money to waste on a game that will be buggy til the dev desides to abandon it.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Haven't seen any of my higher tier patreons here complaining. In fact, almost every one of them have kept their support and have been patreon for more than a month.
Doesn't make the price tag any better, for comparison, MM highest Tier is 50$ to get updates forever on first release. Were this a more robust game with regular releases I may pay 5-10$ to support, but to pay that price and get a month old release is a hard pass on principle.

Spoofy

Aug 14, 2017
So are you Darthsmut or is he paying to come into this thread and say these things? No i have not paid a cent to this dev for his buggy game. No i would not ever pay $45 to remove any grind from these types of games cause that is the fun of these types of games imo. And cudos to the people who do i wish i had that type of money to waste on a game that will be buggy til the dev desides to abandon it.
No to both. It´s just my oppinion. Like i said, i think it´s totally fair to not pay for it. No one is forcing you to. Neither to play it. I still think my point is valid. Since you and me don´t pay anything, bashing him doesn´t help anyone. You sound a lot like these guys that predicted the doom of World of Warcraft since the first Addon (and still do^^) or SWGOH. Your oppinion is as good as mine, i just wanted to point out that i don´t understand complaints on something that is free. Take it or leave it or help improve.

Early Cuyler

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listens...and waits
Donor
Jul 1, 2017
No to both. It´s just my oppinion. Like i said, i think it´s totally fair to not pay for it. No one is forcing you to. Neither to play it. I still think my point is valid. Since you and me don´t pay anything, bashing him doesn´t help anyone. You sound a lot like these guys that predicted the doom of World of Warcraft since the first Addon (and still do^^) or SWGOH. Your oppinion is as good as mine, i just wanted to point out that i don´t understand complaints on something that is free. Take it or leave it or help improve.
You said you have no right to complain because you don't donate but you bash people for their opinions. Everyone on this forum has a right to their opinion. I don't understand how the Dev or you can get upset for anything that goes on here considering it is a pirate forum.

Reactions: Halfelf
1.50 star(s) 44 Votes