Dravak

May 15, 2018
To Darth Smut scripting and programming are 2 different things. ;)

And No I am broke cause I don´t care about money. I care about freedom at this point in life.
As long I have enough money to do what I want in life, I don´t need all that fancy luxury,
Neither am I willing to work at this moment or am I forced to work.
So I do what I can give free honest advice.

As I said before, I do like something unlimited. and hope you can deliver it in starwars form.
Especially the graphics are really nice. The story is up my kind of tree.

Now people should do with the money what they want. that is the freedom of choice.
I mean tons of project that are much worst then this one.
But atleast don´t bite off more then you can chew. would be a shame.

Reactions: Darth Smut

Dravak

May 15, 2018
SU and DST are made by completely different people, this one just copies the mechanics SU uses. And for the record, SU is still going strong.
I already knew that ;) but still SU in Starwars universe is much more enticing.

And the last part of your message. what can I say, some people love Financial Fallacies .
We have the biggest one in the century of gaming industry with Star Citizen.

300 million Dollar already sunked into it, for a player base that is max 200k.
With 3 Building that haven´t even setup the servers to handle 10k .
Thus they stay in development forever and sell starships :p beats releasing the game and paying overhead cost that isn´t even financial tendable.
Let alone hire the people to deal with security.

Altarin

May 21, 2017
Back in september I probably thought you were asking for the v0.1, and the version was released the day that it was given to you. If you were asking something else, then I missunderstood you.
i was asking when you will release your promised cheat version to public. So you said in one month, which was about 3 months ago.
Haven't seen any of my higher tier patreons here complaining. In fact, almost every one of them have kept their support and have been patreon for more than a month.
Those patreons probably doesnt even come to this site.

And here is the thing. People come here to get free games not to be told "hey go to patreon and pay me."
Also there are developers that are so confident in the work they have done on their games, that they release their games completely free to everyone and people do still pay them because they enjoy their games. There are also developers that, like you, have some special version for patreons, and only release some other version to public. But they dont mind finding their game here on this site, because it doesnt mean less people paying them, since the game is good enough that more people will come and pay for it because they enjoy it and not because they have to.
This site is basically ad for these games. And if you think your game isnt good enough to withstand being made into public in its entirety, that you would lose people who are already paying you, than you probably should work on how to make good enough for that and not spend time arguing with us.

Sorry English isnt my first language, but i hope i got the message thought.

Spoofy

Aug 14, 2017
You said you have no right to complain because you don't donate but you bash people for their opinions. Everyone on this forum has a right to their opinion. I don't understand how the Dev or you can get upset for anything that goes on here considering it is a pirate forum.
Maybe i chose my words poorly because english is not my native language, but i dont think i am bashing someone here for his/her oppinion. I never tried to imply that i have a problem with other peoples oppinion, i just think that there is a little more hostility in this thread than necessary and this doesnt help anyone.

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
...I do what I can give free honest advice.
As I said before, I do like something unlimited. and hope you can deliver it in starwars form.
Especially the graphics are really nice. The story is up my kind of tree.
Thank you. That is what I am trying to do. And, just out of curiosity, because it wasn't totally clear for me, are you a professional videogame developer with programming and coding skills then? :)

i was asking when you will release your promised cheat version to public. So you said in one month, which was about 3 months ago.
I missunderstood it, I told you that the next version was going to be released in a month, not the cheat version.
Later in that same post, you say...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so, I imagine you already have found the answer. Sorry for the missunderstanding. :)

Also there are developers that are so confident in the work they have done on their games, that they release their games completely free to everyone and people do still pay them because they enjoy their games (...)they dont mind finding their game here on this site...
Yes, thank you. We even give support and try to fix bugs when they reported. And as you can see by the current version available, I am also randomly sending PM with leaks, private testing versions and free stuff to people who help me with bug reports and other issues.

if you think your game isnt good enough to withstand being made into public in its entirety, that you would lose people who are already paying you, than you probably should work on how to make good enough for that and not spend time arguing with us.
Death Star Trainer is publicly released in its entirety. I am working to fix the most troublesome bugs before releasing the next version, as I said multiple times:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

May the force be with you!

BayJay47

Jun 9, 2018
"Special" doesn't seem to be doing anything, even in the latest Patreon version. Really like the game so far.. how do I solve this bug?

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
any new scene?
It is still the first release, but new scenes will come at v0.2 (or second release). Thank you for your interest :)

"Special" doesn't seem to be doing anything, even in the latest Patreon version. Really like the game so far.. how do I solve this bug?
In the first releases there is still no content in "special" performances. Sorry, new content in next releases :)

Reactions: Smexy

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
@Darth Smut Is there any possibility of getting a working save system for the mac version?
I am still working to make the current save system properly work in Windows. Recently I made some modifications and I have been able to reduce the size of the save-files and make them more optimal to the game. Once I test it, I will make it work on MacOS too.

Reactions: WaveOfPig

Kev33lar

Jul 4, 2018
You edit the save files with notepad, just search for money and change every instance of that variable value.
Is that why the stupid save file seems to concatenate? to make it harder to change stuff and cheat?

Anyway, I played this version (1.66) for awhile before it broke (have two bounty hunters hired, but they won't do mayhem to lower rebel strength)
I was very disappointed with several bugs/designflaws.
1) training (break slaves) seems to go at least to level 5 (150k credits), but dance dialogue only goes to level 3, and Strip seems to be stuck at 1
2) improving torture chamber does not seem to affect breaking slaves (unless time changes?)
3) Padma will not stay in her cell (place her in cell, and next time I visit, that cell is empty)
4) several times when we change the cantina slaves, they would not move (even after using the "soft reset" button)
5) None of the stripping slaves have dialogue.
6) I could only access the first 3 slaves. Changelog mentioned there were others...
7) Upgrading the engineering section did not allow me to manufacture items
8) Even when rebel activity built up to 60% or so, I never saw a rebel raid.
9) When I tried to put 3rd girl in 3rd slot in "specials", she moved to join second girl in 2nd slot.
10) no placeholders for girls doing specials (I don't care if it has to be a black screen with "not finished yet" typed on it, I want evidence it is working..)
11) no way to tell how much rebel activity is increasing per day
12) Bounty Hunter specialties did not work (capture percentages did not change by swapping them, and Mayhem always reduced Rebels by 20%) (unless, like torture room, specialization only reduced time for BH. )

As mentioned above, My "day 1" save is 1% of the size of my "broken" day 140+ save. A quick glance with WordPad shows the same data being repeated again and again... seems very inefficient, like the game has to rebuild to "load" a save.

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
how to open cheat menu /? please show me
As other users said, it is limited to Patreons right now. Probably, in a future, it will be integrated in Public releases too.

Is that why the stupid save file seems to concatenate? to make it harder to change stuff and cheat? (...) As mentioned above, My "day 1" save is 1% of the size of my "broken" day 140+ save. A quick glance with WordPad shows the same data being repeated again and again... seems very inefficient, like the game has to rebuild to "load" a save.
They concatenate indeed, and it is because of a flaw of the plugin I am using, not because I made it that way on purpose to avoid nothing (in fact, it is been one of the reasons why the save-files were crackable). I have been struggling with it for a while, but recently I found a way to fix it, and I am going to try to patch it in the next Open Version that will be released very verys soon.

1) training (break slaves) seems to go at least to level 5 (150k credits), but dance dialogue only goes to level 3, and Strip seems to be stuck at 1
I tested it, and /B]it works until lvl 6[/B] (the max slave level) :)

2) improving torture chamber does not seem to affect breaking slaves (unless time changes?)
It affects. I fact, if you don't upgrade TortureChambers to Tier-2, you can't break slaves up to lvl 2 & 3. The same with the next levels, you need to keep upgrading this area of the death star to keep breaking the will of your slaves.

3) Padma will not stay in her cell (place her in cell, and next time I visit, that cell is empty)
Have you played v0.1.66 or v0.1.66b? This is already fixed in the leaked (66B) version.

4) several times when we change the cantina slaves, they would not move (even after using the "soft reset" button)
Yes, the scripts used in that scene are quite complex and some old computers get stuck with it. I have to re-think the whole scene. But since it's still working most of the times, I am delaying this task to prior other important stuff.

9) When I tried to put 3rd girl in 3rd slot in "specials", she moved to join second girl in 2nd slot.
I checked it and you are right. I coded it wrong back in the day and it was refferencing another variable. I already fixed it and it should never happen again (at least, in future releases). Thank you a lot!

5) None of the stripping slaves have dialogue.
7) Upgrading the engineering section did not allow me to manufacture items
Indeed, there is no content there because this release is still to early in the development of the game.

6) I could only access the first 3 slaves. Changelog mentioned there were others...
This release you have played only has 3 slaves. Where did you read that? I checked the changelogs, and until v0.3 I have not added Ahsoka.

8) Even when rebel activity built up to 60% or so, I never saw a rebel raid.
11) no way to tell how much rebel activity is increasing per day
Lets start with what is this "Rebel Threat": When I played similar games, I could easily find someone who cracked in a walkthrough the perfect "path" or "steps" to play it. Most of the times I felt like I was not doing the smartest move, I was missing stuff, or I was playing the exact same story that everyone did before me.
The "Rebel Threat" is designed to integrate some "unexpected events" into the gameplay. It is a random event that makes you take responsibility for your actions, can break all your short&mid-term plans and may completely change your experience from one gameplay to another. It makes your game unique, and if you replay Death Star Trainer, you may not have the same luck (or bad luck) as you had in your other gameplays.
It is one of the complex things I coded on this game. It collects data from a lot of places, every day it recalculates its variables, and depending on your game progress, it goes faster or slower.
However, I also limited its impact. I didn't want to create something that were so agressive that could completely break your playtrough and frustrate you. You cannot have a dead end, game over, or anything similar. And there are also other features to counter the RT: if you place a slave into a cell, you can make her invulnerable to rebel attacks. And there are also another limitations that makes the RT less agressive.
This is why there is no such thing as "how much rebel activity is increasing per day". Otherwise, it would totally goes agains its purpose. Even if you have a 99% of chances to be assaulted, you still have a 1% chance to click on "next day" and still avoid that Rebel Attack.

10) no placeholders for girls doing specials (I don't care if it has to be a black screen with "not finished yet" typed on it, I want evidence it is working..)
This is a very good insight. I don't have any scene for "Canteen specials", so there's not even a "black screen with message". The feature works, I can tell you that. It's just that, since there is no content in Specials, I did not thought to place any placeholder there. But I will do that in future updates.

12) Bounty Hunter specialties did not work (capture percentages did not change by swapping them, and Mayhem always reduced Rebels by 20%) (unless, like torture room, specialization only reduced time for BH. )
They work, but for what it seems, it was not correctly displayed in the % of the "capture slave" scene. However, after a quick check, I managed to fix that bug too. Thank you for your detailed report.

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
I just released a new public version, v0.1.78, that you can download here for free:

Changelog v0.1.78:
  • Moderate Bug: "Create Mayhem" now should finally work.
  • Moderate Bug: Fixed the bug that caused "Bounty Hunter left to capture a girl" but never came back.
  • Bug: Fixed the issue causing slaves not correctly placed on "Canteen - Special" performances 2 & 3.
  • Bug: Now when you set a BH to capture a slave, you will see the added percentage of chances if you are using a BH with "slaves" speciality.
  • Optimization: Changes on code to improve performance (mostly, the Save-Files, now are even easier to hack).
Patreon Units in this version: 1.045 Units

Last edited:

sdfgjhdfszbg

May 7, 2017
Love the idea and it looks like a very promising game :)

But i think ill w8 for it to have more content.

Keep up the good work ^^!

haha mm

Apr 17, 2017
Playing 0.1.78 for Windows. Queen Amidala won't stay in her cell. Don't know if this is intended or not as there doesn't seem to be any content available for visiting slaves anyway (says it WIP).

Reactions: User_393568
1.50 star(s) 44 Votes