Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Err, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, is there a reason "Modetare bug" in your changelogs is spelled the way it is, or have you perhaps just misspelled "moderate"?

Feb 11, 2018
Is this worth trying yet?

After skimming through this thread and looking through the reviews there seems to be a lot of negativity around this game.

May 30, 2017
Just played the newest version:
Bugs:
- the game breaks if you try to travel to emperors chambers
- the tribute that you can collect once a week actually take 8, not 7 days to recharge

Intentionally annoying things:
- Closing the game still opens your web browser and then opens the dev's patreon page
- the game has a redirect to patreon on every work in progress feature
- patreon numbers are measured in the game and having more reduces the grind
- cheats are still unavailable
- It took 70 in game days of grind to unlcok one slave to special tier (only for special tier not to have an image)
- 8 images of a sexual nature (nothing more sexual than the opening blowjob) that will take you probably 2 hours of solid grind to unlock

Unintentionally annoying things:
- it takes at least a half dozen clicks to perform any actual action
- Most art is still placeholder
- the loading screen is long and takes up the entire centre of the screen, and you will be seeing it for more time than you are actually playing the game

Also a question for a mod (@bossapplesauce ), in terms of content tags, my understanding was that the game page was only to have tags for content that was available in the version of the game posted here. If that is the case then the handjob, vaginal sex, and anal sex tags are definitely wrong. And in terms of blowjob there is one scene with a girl with her mouth open next to a penis. Thats it.

Last edited:

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Also a question for a mod (@bossapplesauce ), in terms of content tags, my understanding was that the game page was only to have tags for content that was available in the version of the game posted here. If that is the case then the handjob, vaginal sex, and anal sex tags are definitely wrong. And in terms of blowjob there is one scene with a girl with hero mouth open next to a penis. Thats it.
Fixed

Reactions: vengefulspirit

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
isnt scary to use all the original name and stuff ?

i mean, stormtrooper, Vader, death star.. isnt that all copyrighted ? ( i mean, the name used)

:eek: its risky
maybe it'd be ok if it was Cock Vader, Cock Star, pussystormer, pussytrooper, stormpussy?

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
Love the idea and it looks like a very promising game :)
Keep up the good work ^^!
Thank you!

I don't think this is lore friendly :p
As much as I can! ;)

Playing 0.1.78 for Windows. Queen Amidala won't stay in her cell. Don't know if this is intended or not as there doesn't seem to be any content available for visiting slaves anyway (says it WIP).
Still no content in Cells in this v0.1.78. About Amidala not being kept in the cell. It seems this bug is still avoiding me.

is there a reason "Modetare
The reason is that when I first wrote it, I misspell it, and I have been copy-pasting this word since then.... and I never have realized it until now. I am going to fix it right now ^^'

After skimming through this thread and looking through the reviews there seems to be a lot of negativity around this game.
There is a lot of positivity around this game. The patreon, the number of fans and the community (that you can join for free) in Death Star Trainer is growing more and more everyday. But there's indeed a lot of toxicity around this thread.
"You can embrace this technological terror they are trying to construct. But the ability to destroy a project is insignificant next to the power of being positive, respectful, and help to improve this game & create a better community."
It's your choice :)

is there anyway to access to W.I.P. section without being patreon ?
Not yet, but soon! Thank you for playing my game :)

Reactions: Dreadder

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
I don't want to say this is a bad game. And it's not. And I do like the game so far. It just seems incomplete. Place holder images are still peppered in the game. I would like to see a little more images of things in game. I have, somehow, made it to 353 days, and fully upgraded the death star, and only thing happens, for the most part, is the Rebels keep rekidnapping Rey if I don't have the right bounty hunter to cause mayhem. I don't know what your patrons are getting, as far as the game itself goes, but could we peons, non-patrons, at least have Grievous in game to look at? Maybe Dooku? I do want to say the game is better than the last time I tried it. And smoother. One thing I would like to see added in game, is under the bounty hunter, is what they are good at, and not so good at. Like this person is good at capturing slaves, not good at mayhem. Or what have you. It would make it a little easier to hire them that way. It doesn't have to be a huge thing, just enough to let us know what's what, and not hire someone we may not need.

Hoshi

Sep 25, 2017
Devs clearly ignoring any criticism and going for the cheap 1 liner compliments of people who most likely havent even played the game yet, because if they did, they wouldnt do that. Devs wont do anything about all that BS regardless of what people say, they just want you to pay the ridiculous 45 bucks a month and dont ask any questions. Congrats, you brought EA to the h-game industry. Thanks a lot.

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
Could be a good game but every few updates i try it something bugs or game breaks or whatever. Not gonna try again until it is finished. I know it is free and all but sooo many developers manage to do it without bugs so yeah...

Reactions: Halfelf

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
I don't want to say this is a bad game. And it's not. And I do like the game so far. (...) I do want to say the game is better than the last time I tried it. And smoother.
Thank you for your kind words and aknowlege my effort to make this game better. Means a lot to me.

Place holder images are still peppered in the game. I would like to see a little more images of things in game.
V0.1.xx means it is a first release, so there will be placeholders instead of final pictures. I am sorry for the inconveniences

I don't know what your patrons are getting, as far as the game itself goes, but could we peons, non-patrons, at least have Grievous in game to look at? Maybe Dooku?
Patreons are getting newer versions, and some placeholders are being replaced. However, Grevious & Dooku are characters still Work In Progress.

One thing I would like to see added in game, is under the bounty hunter, is what they are good at, and not so good at. Like this person is good at capturing slaves, not good at mayhem. Or what have you. It would make it a little easier to hire them that way. It doesn't have to be a huge thing, just enough to let us know what's what, and not hire someone we may not need.
You can find these stats in the "Manage Bounty Hunter", just at the same place where you hire them. Looks like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
Dev wants you to pay the ridiculous 45 bucks a month and dont ask any questions. Congrats, you brought EA to the h-game industry. Thanks a lot.
Or you haven't understood how this project works (neither the "any-game" industry), or you are deliberately lying.

EA is a Publisher. The company takes decisions about how the game will be.

I am a developer, and most of the important decisions about this game are taken by Patreons. I am just a "builder" following the orders of my Patreons, who, through polls, comments, PM's, etc. they tell me what they want to see.

I also choice to publish DST for free in this forum. So you don't have any need to pay me nothing. and I also take into consideration your feedback and suggestions. If your suggestions are good, I will transfer them to the Patreon community, and they will take a decision about it.

If you believe in this project but don't like anything in the game and you want to make it change, the solution is quite simple.

If you don't like this project, then you can leave. I am not forcing you to stay either.

Devs clearly ignoring any criticism
Now you are deliberately lying. I have been fixing and improving Death Star Trainer with all the good insights and criticisms since day one.

Here you have some examples about how I have never ignored your positive and respectful insights, and they always helped me make a better game:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

going for the cheap 1 liner compliments of people who most likely havent even played the game yet, because if they did, they wouldnt do that.
In your previous quote you complain I ignore criticism, when you have more than enough examples that this statement is false. And now you complain because I answer "1 liners" to toxic users who didn't even played my game and criticize it...

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
Could be a good game but every few updates i try it something bugs or game breaks or whatever. Not gonna try again until it is finished. I know it is free and all but sooo many developers manage to do it without bugs so yeah...
I totally understand your decision. You can come back in a few months and check Death Star Trainer again, and meanwhile I will do my best to make it better :)

May 30, 2017
Now you are deliberately lying. I have been fixing and improving Death Star Trainer with all the good insights and criticisms since day one.
Hey man, still waiting on answers to my questions. If you don't ignore criticism I hope you'll find time to be respectful to someone who has given you bug reports, feedback, private messages offering advice (advice which you took by the way), and given an honest review of your product which you asked for from the beginning.

I mean, I know that Ive posted here multiple times with some easy to answer questions for someone of your marketing skill, and given you keep repeating that you appreciate and respond to all feedback, I'll just assume you haven't seen them! :) You wouldn't dog a loyal reviewer and bug reporter like that would you?

I'll make sure to repost my questions every few days until you get a chance to see them! I feel like answering them will go a long way to convincing potential patrons of your good intent!

Here are the questions:

"Tell us honestly, given you are still operating under a system where you charge people to remove boring grind, and given you are probably designing the game to annoy people into paying to reduce said grind (Smut worked in mobile gaming where that is commonplace after all), do you think the true experience of your game is worth $45 a month (for an indefinite time period with no assurance of completion)?

Do you think that your game is worth the $90 price tag of a AAA game every two months (for an indefinite time period with no assurance of completion)?

How many $45 months will patrons have to pay until they have a completed game?

Do you think someone who has paid $5 a month (your lowest price point with game access) for the past 4ish months is getting his $20 worth with literally 6 still images of content - the same images they shouldve had 4 months ago, since the last 4 months of updates at that tier have been bug fixes?

An additional question, when will you share a version here that has more actual content than the first release? We only have your word (so far) that that content exists, and given your past behavior your word isnt particularly good, mate."
And here is some constructive feedback you have yet to address:

Bugs:
- the game breaks if you try to travel to emperors chambers
- the tribute that you can collect once a week actually take 8, not 7 days to recharge

Intentionally annoying things:
- Closing the game still opens your web browser and then opens the dev's patreon page
- the game has a redirect to patreon on every work in progress feature
- patreon numbers are measured in the game and having more reduces the grind
- cheats are still unavailable
- It took 70 in game days of grind to unlcok one slave to special tier (only for special tier not to have an image)
- 8 images of a sexual nature (nothing more sexual than the opening blowjob) that will take you probably 2 hours of solid grind to unlock

Unintentionally annoying things:
- it takes at least a half dozen clicks to perform any actual action
- Most art is still placeholder
- the loading screen is long and takes up the entire centre of the screen, and you will be seeing it for more time than you are actually playing the game
Looking forward to your reply, friend.

May the force be with you and all that :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RealAhab and JD_C

rickpool98

Dec 11, 2017
an interesting mechanic to the game would be if you corrupt the captured slaves enough you can have them cause mayhem . You know if there so far gone that they are willing to kill friends and innocent people then there not worth saveing

hyuugo

Sep 8, 2018

the second one is the mac download version?

Last edited by a moderator:

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
EA can mean two things. Electronic Arts, which is a studio that makes games. The other meaning is Early Access. In early access, there is expected to be bugs, place holders, things like that. What I wanted to know, basically, is the difference between the Patreon version, and the version here. Not really what I am missing, rather what I will eventually see in game, when you are ready for it. One other thing about here verses game companies, is that people like Darth Smut, and others, are willing to listen to the people posting here, and will gladly accept compliments. I know some would rather have money, but any compliment is better, in someways, than money. And also the bug reports we make are at least addressed in a quick manner.

1.50 star(s) 44 Votes